Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max-_-33
    13 posts

its got to be the servers overloading as the game just went live i hope there working on a fix asap

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • XerosXy
    2 posts

yup same here since 30min

• lukas..at
    3 posts

@xerosxy and noway that i delete the game now .. my internet is not the fastest...

In Taskmanager it even dont use any Performance. Nothing

• HollandWarz
    4 posts

Same here ivé got the same issu after the intro

• Terrillion
    1 posts

Same problem here. Seems there are a lot of people with this exact problem.

• ShenoXDfug
    15 posts

@max-_-33 i dont think so, people restarting there game with no issues

• Max-_-33
    13 posts

@shenoxdfug i have restarted my game like 4 times and still having it im not sure what to do

• Elvende
    5 posts

I've got the same problem. Did the update, computer restarted, try to open game... nope

• Warkab
    2 posts

Same here. Nothing is going on after splash screen. I guess I understand now why they leave Steam. People there would smash reitings to negative already.

• GhostEagle95
    5 posts

@max-_-33 at the moment its not launching ever since i lowered the resolution. I've decided to Uninstall it and get rid of all its files than resinstall it to see if i can at least launch the game for now.

• Redlight-
    6 posts

Ok guys I finally fix my game.

I tried a old fix who works for Origins : https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1483235412214825118/

But for audio (Assassin's Creed Valhalla\sounddata\PC) AND video files (Assassin's Creed Valhalla/video).

So I copied my .pck and video .webm on 😄 (where windows is installed). And then with https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html I created symbolic link for each files and junction for repertory.
    It took me only 6GB on my 😄 drive (delete non-wanted languages for audio and video) I kept french and English.

I hope it will help you and fix your game.

ps : this is my Valhalla's repertory video :

My audio repertory : https://i.imgur.com/7ugRizn.png.

And where I store thoses file :

• Redlight-
    6 posts
  • Mreclypse
    2 posts

What's worked for me :

Go to settings (in the game) :
    Set V-Sync And Anti-Aliasing to "Adaptive"
    Set game to FullScreen (Not Borderless FullScreen!)

I hope it's going to help you

• arcane_eclipse
    2 posts

when i launch the game it opens the splash screen and nothing happens i tried leaveing it 25 min and rebooting but it still dont workundefined

• hugRmunR_
    7 posts

Same issue here

• Vasario
    2 posts

Having identical issue, I get one little step past this, I get black screen with white rectabgle in upper left hand side corner.

All drivers up to date, making recommended system spec. Still this crap 😕

• S1qh
    3 posts

Same here dude....

• Max-_-33
    13 posts

@mreclypse i can not even get in the game its getting stuck i give up with this i paid over $100 and i can not even play

• Vasario
    2 posts

Same here, I wish I could get past the initial logo, but the game does not even start!!!!

I get black screen with white rectangle in upper left side corner and that is where it gets stuck.

Everything up to date, pc way past recommended spec.

I did not pay for AC: Loading Screen Edition 😕

• dtrexninja
    3 posts

@madnack same here are playing on high end pc cos I am and I'm getting same problem

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics