Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BLINDFIRE228
    3 posts

@dragon_arcane83 Same thing here. been trying to play now for two days and never get past that screen.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BLINDFIRE228
    3 posts

@see-otter Didn't work for me

• MaxTheFlyingCat
    2 posts

Im unable to start the Game, im stuck in the small loading window that opens first, had it open for hours and nothing happend. All Drivers and Windows are up to date and the game is installed on an SSD.
    My System:
    - Windows 10 Pro
    - Ryzen 5 2600
    - GTX 1070
    - 16GB ram
    What i tried so far:
    - Launching as Administrator(out of Connect itself and the exe directly)
    - Reinstalling the game and C++ resuitable
    - Repairing the game(multiple times)

• krvpt.
    63 posts

happening to me as well except mine completely closes. talked to a support agent and they said the best thing to do is wait for a patch..

• MaxTheFlyingCat
    2 posts

@krvpt found a workaround, lets see how far i get with it https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77083/ac-valhalla-wont-load-past-splash-screen/16
    Awenser: not even into the main menu, freezes as soon as i hit the powered by ubisoft anvil

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@maxtheflyingcat yeah, i actually have my game installed on my C drive, and ive reinstalled/verified files at least 4-5 times. its really unfortunate but i just hope they fix this so i can play haha, if not then im refunding.

• Woog_TX
    8 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/79273/game-stuck-on-launch?_=1605210580446&lang=en-US

There's already a post for this. Tickets have been submitted as well.

• Doggmeat1281
    1 posts

@abhi_thegamer

Me 5....fwiw glad that I'm not the only one

I can't even crack the health warning screen before it freezes 👎

• AmiDreAm
    9 posts

Hello. I am facing a problem loading Assassin's Creed VALHALLA game. I pre-ordered it, preloaded the game. At release, the game downloaded somewhere around 600+ MB. patch and I calmly played it for a couple of days. Passed somewhere 3% of the plot. Last night, sometime after 12:00 Moscow time, I launched it again and it just stopped opening. A small initial window with the game logo is loading, and then it simply does not open. In this case, the game installed nearby (Watch Dog's 3) starts without problems. Assassin's Creed ODYSSEY doesn't work either. It also closes after the initial window (see screenshot). I have the latest video card drivers installed, I tried to check and reinstall the game. I ran it as administrator (both the game and the store), nothing helps. The forum has similar problems for people, even in other earlier games. I beg you to help solve this problem. Thanks a lot in advance!undefined

• TheSettlerIV
    2 posts

Here it doesnt start at all 😞 i tried all bugfixed but it doesnt work.. frustrating!

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

Day 4 of the same problems and Ubisoft don't react at all.
    We waste moneys, i will never preoder a game from them.
    Support are pathetic telling us that problem is in our side not theirs.
    I'm really tired of this.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts
  • Telperion21
    8 posts

@crazydonkey88

After patch, my game constantly freezes, cannot do anything have to alt+f4, it's starting to be very frustrating, why won't they just patch this ?!

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

@assassin4evers @JustJsh
    Do you both still get this occurring after running the game with admin rights and disabling background apps?

Official Response
  • Telperion21
    8 posts

Same here 😞

• ZeroXtraUK
    10 posts

@crazydonkey88 That sucks man... Fingers crossed they fix it soon, I really do hope you guys can play it at some point... Because even though I fixed it on my end, still not fair for Ubisoft to just ignore the problem for this long...

• narot23
    7 posts

So frustrating. My game was working Wednesday night, then Thursday morning this crap started happening. I'm livid, there better be a patch soon.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@telperion21 simply cuz they don't care about this. Ubisoft are thieves

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@zeroxtrauk Yeah, now i have this error, not a splash screen.
    undefined

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@narot23 Sorry to say that but don't count on "soon" thing

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics