Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Power_of_Rome
    Original poster 24 posts

Second ctd in 5 minutes for no reason. Never had a single ctd before this patch

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Samba_EMHC
    3 posts

Same here, both times when exiting dialogue with settlement merchants

• bearpants123456
    4 posts

i cant enter the game too

• nonfornon
    4 posts

After updating the game to 1.1.0 the game crashed twice and froze once in less than two hours, I've never experienced this before the update.
    The Freeze happened near wincester, after killing the Zealot near that place and exactly after I pressed Confirm kill.
    The report problem after the crash doesn't show up to report the issue.

• Phinx-x33
    9 posts

This 1.1.0 Update really messed things up. My screen became "shaky" at some point after fast traveling back to homebase. Reloading old saves and adjusting graphics settings didn't help. Reinstalled it. Fixed the shakes.

Now i'm doing a cairn (stone stacking) mystery and that is messed up now.
    When trying to change the view angle, the stone now moves. Making it nearly impossible to do.

• a2s7
    4 posts

@samba_emhc as posted in frame drop post, same issues , the game crash constantly after 10 minutes playing in the city of Canterbury, become frozen and the game close itself, 4 times send automatically the crash report. Waiting for a new patch

• MrPatel_KP
    1 posts

@nonfornon - Probably the same at my end. After the 1.1.0 update I hardly played for few minutes and crash to windows multiple times.
    Didn't had any issues before the update.
    Also the report crash problem didn't showed up either.

• Furmano81
    11 posts

I have the same issue
    I'm sure there is nothing we can do only wait for the next patch

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey all, I'm sorry to hear about the increase in crashes since the latest update. A great first step for combating crashes will always be to complete troubleshooting steps for your platform, as these may help in clearing up unexpected performance issues.

Official Response
  • Furmano81
    11 posts

@furmano81
    I've done everything I could
    A few days ago I even bought new CPU and MB and RAM - clean install of Windows and drivers only
    Game crashes everytime after 15-25 minutes

• temtu
    5 posts

@nonfornon

Since the latest patch (1.1.0) or even the latest Nvidia driver update, Valhalla is unplayable - again.
    The first time it became unplayable was with patch 1.4.0 and when Ubisoft gave up on it and eventually rolled the game back to 1.0.1 all my saved games were corrupted. That was 74 playing hours down the drain.
    I have, before 1.1.0 dropped a few days ago, played nearly another 60 hours to catch up to where I was originally and now - here we go again..

I have given up trying to load the game as it takes an absolute age (a clear sign that something is amiss) but when it did load all I was presented with was massive micro stutter rendering the game utterly unplayable.

I know not if this is a Nvidia driver problem or a Ubisoft problem and I don't really care. I just want them jointly to sort this second mess out.

For heavens sake how many more times?

• master_ring
    41 posts

Can we get some update from Ubisoft on this issue

• WillGiles92
    16 posts

@ubiwan the update has completely broken my game on PS4 - I can't fast travel, initiate quests, none of the controller buttons are initiating their corresponding actions (i.e. can't sprint, jump, swing a weapon). I'm stuck in post Yule Ravensthorpe and am not prepared to restart the game after 55 hours of play.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hey everyone!

Can you please confirm you have all tried the steps suggested by UbiWan above?

If the issue persists, please list your PC specifications so we can try to find a trend.

A video of the issue would also be much appreciated, so we fully understand the behaviour of the issue.

@ubiwan
    the update has completely broken my game on PS4 - I can't fast travel, initiate quests, none of the controller buttons are initiating their corresponding actions (i.e. can't sprint, jump, swing a weapon). I'm stuck in post Yule Ravensthorpe and am not prepared to restart the game after 55 hours of play.

Hello, I replied to the forum thread you created. Please try to stick to the thread that directly relates to your issue.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Furmano81
    11 posts

@ubi-raziel
    I've done everything which is recomended here: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000061047
    I have new CPU, MB and RAM.
    Clean Windows Instalation

Now I wanted to record my game. I started recoring and after 15 min game crashed, recording (windows+g) crashed with the game also so I dont have a movie with this crash.
    You can contact me if I could be usefull tomasz.furman[at]world.pl

• xKalashu
    2 posts

Got the game a few days ago,since then i have like 4-5 crashes per day.
    Its not a hardware problem as i have a 2070 super 16gb ram i5 8600k at 4.2.
    Its really annoying yo start over quests just because the game crashed while i was trying to finish them.
    Never had a single problem with oddyssey but with valhalla its so frustrating.
    Ive verified all game files,game is updated,nvidia drivers updated like everything its ok but the game still keep crashing.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts
    @ubi-raziel
    I've done everything which is recomended here: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000061047
    I have new CPU, MB and RAM.
    Clean Windows Instalation

Now I wanted to record my game. I started recoring and after 15 min game crashed, recording (windows+g) crashed with the game also so I dont have a movie with this crash.
    You can contact me if I could be usefull tomasz.furman[at]world.pl

Thank you for getting back to me, and for trying to record with Windows.

I managed to find more than 1 thread for this issue, so I have merged you together!

Those who are now experiencing frequent crashes after patch 1.1.0, please provide me with a DxDiag .

Here is how: https://support.ubisoft.com/Article/000078583

Your Ubisoft Connect launcher log may also provide some insight into these crashes, which can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs\launcher_logs.txt

They can either be added to a support case, or a direct link will be fine too. I can then try to gather some reports together, then submit it to our dev team for investigation.

All the best!

Official Response
  • Power_of_Rome
    Original poster 24 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Furmano81
    11 posts

@ubi-raziel
    I can not record the game crash because recording crashes with the game.
    How to send you logs and MSINFO?
    Im not bale to attach files to my post

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 161 posts

@furmano81

Hey there.

If you're not able to host those and send us the link here you can submit also submit those to us on a support case.

You should be able submit your system files to us by opening starting a Live Chat or contacting our support teams on Facebook and Twitter who will be able to open a case for you. Thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics