ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xx_1982
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi after the update to 1.1.0, my FPS has gone down from over 70 fps to 30 - 40 fps

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Provo-KiD
    7 posts

The GPU utilization seems to have dropped after the update. Before the GPU was running at about 99% when the FPS was below 60. Now it is more like 50 - 70 %.

For some reason nothing has changed in

spoiler

, where the GPU utilization is still about 99%.

undefined

The same still happens after the latest Nvidia update (460.89). Game is installed on a SSD.

• TChris96
    14 posts

@provo-kid Same for me. I just updated my game on PC to 1.10. The patch log is great, lot of things fixed but also I have 30 fps less then before the patch came out. I'm palying on high-mid setting and I so far I got easily 55-75 fps in the game, with a little stuttering here and there and when I did a benchmark the CPU and GPU usage was close to 100% (as it should be). Now these numbers reduced to 50% CPU usage on all of the cores and only 60% GPU usage therefore I get a lot less frames per second.

I tried reinstalling the game, verifying the game files, restarting my computer multiple times, updating to the newest nVidia driver (came out for Cyberpunk) with no luck so far. I tried to mess with the config file, deleting the config file, resetting the game settings and setting it up again with no considerable change. The usage percentages are the same. I also tried setting everything to low and trying a lower resolution but my FPS was still way pooerer than it should've been and the game wasn't using my hardware as much as it could.

I really don't have any more ideas about what I can do to solve this matter. Maybe I have to wait for the next patch which is kind of a bummer because I just took out my holiday leave days from work and I have lots of free time for gaming.

• XPS74
    5 posts

I see more and more posts with this issue. I have the same problem as i mentioned in another post.

Meanwhile i did some testing. Before in my Settlement i had around 60fps now around 45fps. CPU sits around 50% GPU 65%. Odd.

So i turned down the Graphic setting to low and 720P. CPU 60% GPU 40% FPS 50 . Mh.

At 4K resolution and low or High Setting exactly the same. CPU utilization stays at around 50%. FPS almost doesnt change!

This only happens when some NPC and/or buildings are nearby. When i go out in the Field it comes up to 60FPS but CPU still stays at 50%.

This Update sadly didnt improved performance as stated in the Patch notes, it made it bad like never before. Very disappointing!

I hope there is a fix coming out soon.

• TChris96
    14 posts

@xps74 Yeah, I was testing the same myself lowering the settings, trying different resolutions but the CPU and GPU usage was still around 50-60% with significantly lesser FPS (15-30 fps less). I can't play on 30 fps because it's very jittery and hurts my eyes a lot so I hope they will address this quickly.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 386 posts

@xx_1982 Hello! I'm sorry to hear about this! Is the FPS starting at 30-40 when you load up the game, or are you dropping from 70 to the lower number sometime during gameplay? Also can you let me know some basic PC specs please?

-CPU
    -GPU
    -RAM
    -OS

Official Response
  • UbiKoreanBBQ

@provo-kid Thank you for your detailed addition to this thread; the screenshot is super helpful! The team is looking into this!

Official Response
  • UbiKoreanBBQ

@tchris96 Hey there, I am very sorry to hear this is happening! I appreciate you sharing your experience and all the troubleshooting that you've tried so far for this issue. Could you send me a screenshot of your benchmark results, as well as providing some basic PC specs below? Thank you!

-CPU
    -GPU
    -RAM
    -OS

Official Response
  • UbiKoreanBBQ

@xps74 Hi! Thanks for sharing your findings during testing! I sent a response to your post in this thread. If you could take a look whenever is convenient, I'd appreciate it!

Official Response

Suggested Topics