Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JamesLogan491
    Original poster 94 posts

This has been a problem since AC Odyssey as far as I'm aware. Why does this happen? Wouldn't it even help with game performance if it didn't have to keep track of a body that has been dead and left there for both in game and in real life days?

It is usually a bug you can avoid by carrying a body and disposing it in a less inconvenient location that won't be so annoying anymore, unless it is a horse's carcass, then you are just screwed since the player's character just walks though it and it can't be interacted with in any manner, not even explosives can push it out of the way. You can even try exiting the animus, traveling to Norway/Vinland/Asgard/Jotunheim, saving there and coming back. Nothing works.

Why would Ubisoft even allow something like that to happen?

This glitch has been particularly frustrating to me for the last couple of weeks because of a situation that was funny in the beginning but now it is just annoying and concerning since with the upcoming settlement expansion and Yule Festival, I'm afraid this eyesore will be there to harm my enjoyment.

I know this is a ridiculous situation but here it is. I got this horse on the settlement stables and rode it down to the docks where I accidentally killed it while carelessly testing newly upgraded gear by the blacksmith (I partially blame the camera angle for it). Thinking nothing of it, I moved on with the game. But that thing simply refuses to despawn and I can't even move nor interact it in any way since Eivor phases through it like it doesn't exist and none of the arrows, not even explosive ones have any effect on it.

I have tried everything described above already to no avail. Sometimes the carcass changes positions and even changes to a different horse between fast travels, but it is always there. When loading a save it doesn't load instantly, but it quickly spawns back in the air and falls to the ground on the weirdest positions due to the "questionable" ragdoll physics. It even messes with the NPCs AI who are always approaching it to investigate, axes in hand like there is some threat nearby.

I really hope there will be a little more care with Valhalla than there was with Odyssey in that regard. There are other NPCs, both humans and horses whose bodies never despawn as well.

I'd really appreciate if someone from Ubisoft could at least acknowledge this flaw on the game design and if there is any intention of fixing it. If at least I could interact with the carcass to push it somewhere hidden so I don't have to see it spawning in the air and falling to the ground every time I fast travel back to the settlement, visit the blacksmith, or check the daily deal and contracts on Reda.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics