Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 98 posts

Earnest request. Some of us would prefer not to have enemies, bosses, etc., automatically be scaled up to be more difficult. The whole point of my leveling up, upgrading my weapons, upgrading my armor, and so on, is so that I can walk around the world ready to dominate anyone I come across. I get that some people would prefer to have lower-level enemies scale up to some extent, but why not just make this a purely optional thing that I can toggle off in the settings? That way, all of us are satisfied. Why force all of us into it?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kmansp31
    48 posts

@c-pick Did I miss something? Did they add scalability or are they talking about it?

• C-Pick
    Original poster 98 posts

@kmansp31

It's in the latest patch, which dropped today. Now, in all difficulties, lower-level enemies scale up to a power level no more than 51 levels below you. I'll grant that this is still a pretty generous "cushion," but still . . . why not just make this an option? Enemy level scaling is not something I want.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@c-pick I checked it out this morning, feels about the same as it did before the patch. Lower level zones are still to easy. I do agree, just make it optional. And for those that choose to have level scaling on make it far closer to equal.

• kmansp31
    48 posts

Yeah... not much of a change. I saw that in the notes, but it was so insignificant I don't even see why they bothered.

I fall on the opposite spectrum- this game is so easy, I want more scalability!! I have the difficulty set to max for both combat and assassination, and it feels ridiculously easy.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 98 posts

@kmansp31
    Cool, good for you! But I want this sort of thing just to be optional. I have no need or desire for it, so I wish I could just turn it off.

Just give us the option, at least.

• MoonWraiven
    8 posts

I had to open a ticket to request them to
    make it an option for disability reasons. By them making the world bosses (the sisters for example) stay at your lvl it makes it for people like me with hand disabilities unable to complete the game. People like me play on easy and let content out lvl us. I have hand issues nerve damage / arthritis and can not dodge most of the time or move very fast. By playing it in easy it makes it that I can enjoy the game / content. By them not having this as an option instead of just forcing it on us, does not make it ada compliant. Before I even started playing the game I asked if the game was like this. Was told no, as it wasn’t. If it had been like this from the beginning I would have not gotten the game due to not being able to complete it. Now after I’ve purchased they changed it on me thus giving me something I didn’t pay for nor wanted. I suggested to make it ada compliant to make it an option in the settings.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 98 posts

@moonwraiven
    I hear ya. Thanks for sharing.

• Graesholt
    9 posts

+1
    It's pretty insane that they just implemented this after the fact with no ability to toggle it out.
    We bought one game. One in which we could outlevel certain enemies, which was an aspect I enjoyed. I respect anyones right to dissagree.
    With the ability to outlevel enemies removed I would argue that game has been altered significantly.
    Patch in a toggle. Now.

• kmansp31
    48 posts

I hear you guys... scalability should be "toggable." But... what they described does so little, it's not even worth getting upset about.

• mentraton
    27 posts

I am with you but for the opposite reason. I'm sitting on 94 unspent skillpoints because the game is way too easy even on hard difficulty that it’s just ridiculous. I wish they had implemented the Odyssey system where you can choose the enemy’s to be +- 10 levels. I’m fine if it’s optional but like it is now it’s unbalanced.

I don’t want to play the games braindead and onshoting everything. That is no fun at all!
    I can’t understand the meaning behind inflating nice content by being overdeveloped for it.

• Trendkilla_DK
    2 posts

Wish this was optional as well..

Suggested Topics