Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• suchy2808
    Original poster 2 posts

about Yule Festival - the event is to be time-limited and will allow you to earn limited rewards - is it fair to future players?
    I admit I haven't bought the game yet, but I have a reason. Due to the technical condition of the games on the day of their premiere, I started buying them a year later (by the way, I could go through the complete set with all dlc's etc). Why should my content be castrated?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MoonWraiven
    8 posts

@suchy2808 pretty sure you’ll get it again at Yule next year as well. Would not make sense for them to only celebrate Yule one time since it happens each year

• jodigirl116
    7 posts

@suchy2808 have they given a date for this yet?

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@suchy2808
    You said you avoid for a year due to state of game at launch. That is your choice. Your reward will be playing it hopefully less buggy. This type of event and rewards is not uncommon in games or unfair to future players. I have my game play on hold for other reasons but I do plan to simply login and do the basics necessary to collect the rewards. Which may or may not be worth it. Hopefully they are advertised in advance.

• MoonWraiven
    8 posts

@jodigirl116 it will more than likely be December 21st - January 1st to go in line with real life Yule.

• Netspook
    287 posts
    This type of event and rewards is not uncommon in games

In single player games, such events ARE uncommon. Just about every MMO have them, though.

• SofaJockey
    339 posts

@netspook I remember Fallout 4 had this happen, so that's another example of a SPG. 🙄

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@sofajockey Black Flag had them too. They were community events and if you did not participate there were rewards you could not get. Last time I played they were still unlockable, but it has been quite some time.

• JMetch
    59 posts

@netspook Words of advice. Don't buy the game, hold onto it. It is so buggy and glitchy you cant progress the story. Worse mistake in my gaming history was buying this the day it came out. Been over 1 month and still cant progress the story and with each update hey creating more bugs and glitches than fixes.

• Netspook
    287 posts

@jmetch
    Good advice, but I have no idea why you tag me with it.

I preordered the ultimate edition already back in May. One of my worst mistakes when it comes to buying a game. Ever.

• Quor321
    232 posts

I agree with multiple people in this thread. Most likely you will get a chance at the unique items another year. Also if you don't get a chance at them that is your fault for not playing currently. Special events are just that, be there for them or possibly lose out.

I usually am the same with new games. Avoid the bugs, get them on sale with all content later. I went for it with this game and don't regret it. The bugs seem minor from my perspective, not sure about console, possibly they have had more issues.

• DeathBurnout
    12 posts

Time limited events and rewards in a purely single player game makes no sense to me.

I understand consistent player engagement is important to them and their storefront, but other than that I don't get it. I doubt you'll miss anything major though, I hope, because I'm not playing the game at the moment but feel like I might be dragged back in because of FOMO.

@jmetch The game is not that buggy, don't be so dramatic

• JMetch
    59 posts

@deathburnout The experience that having and many people on the forums say other wise. My experience thus far is bug riddled. I put it up there with just as bad as Assassin's Creed Unity. However, with Unity I never had game breaking bugs as I do with Valhalla.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@jmetch Down side to having all the consoles and PC players going to one forum is I rarely know what problem is on what platform. I play on PC and the issues are very minor. Definitely nothing game breaking, but I'm not one for drama, weapons clipping through armor could be game breaking to some.

• Kormac67
    733 posts

Well, it's a nice touch to add a little Yule event for Christmas. And a few (unimportant) rewards are in order to motivate participating of course.
    And if people think they can buy the game later at discount, they don't need to whine about losing out. Same as with preorder rewards.

• JMetch
    59 posts

@kormac67 Instead of a lame event., why not fox the game so people can play the bas game without a game breaking error. This games worse than then Cyberpunk and at least cyberpunk offered refunds for their negligence. Here they don t care as along as you paid,.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@quor321 I'm on Xbox and 75% of the way through a second playthrough (first on female and second on male). I have had no game breaking issues. I once had the story not give me the next location, I loaded a recent save and replayed the part where things messed up and BOOM the story continued. Was it annoying? yes. Did it break the game? No. Opal markers not disappearing and a few bugged opals that can't be picked up, and fish despawning are probably the worst problems I have experienced and they do not make the game unplayable. I actually found the game to be extremely fun.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@suchy2808 Honestly, the Yule rewards aren't worth it. The armor is just a reskin of existing armor, there's a new shield and dagger, some settlement cosmetics, and some tattoos. All of which are pretty "meh". It is only the first day of the event, so maybe more things will be added, who knows.

• JDUMAS1977
    4 posts

In truth...... this whole Yule Festival stuff is a terrible idea, especially for those of us who havent finished the base story. I dont get it, it makes absolutely no sense. An the activites are just as much a joke as they were/are in the base game. And to keep it going for the next 20 days!!!! Really.... is that even necessary?

Suggested Topics