Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Assassin1BK
    Original poster 9 posts

After fighting with the drunk man, the next quest location appears in this strange position:

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I've merged together several threads about being unable to proceed in "The Case of the Missing Ale" together, so we can keep all this information in one place. Apologies if any ongoing discussions were disrupted by this.

This issue was marked as resolved following the end of the Yule Festival. I will now be locking this thread.

If you require help with any other issues, please check out our megathread list, or open up a new thread.

Keep an eye out for future events within our News & Announcements forum, as well on the official website.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • DoGGyLajoie
    9 posts

Hello, just encountered a bug in a new Yule festival mission. After your barehanded fight with Tekla's Apprentice "Ake" you are prompted to find the stolen beer. When you find it, the mission will be bring back the secret beer, but the mission marker will be at 3000m away from you. It's not the right marker (maybe a non intended bug) what i've done is i followed the road near buy Utbech (the camp you're in) to the left and the marker changed to 150m and i completed the mission without any problem. Hope it helps some of you.

• MIGHTY549560
    1 posts

I was doing a Yule Festival quest, the one where your investigating the missing brew, i managed to get the cask with it but the objective waypoint was deep underground the map glitched through, reloading saves and fast travelling didn't work at all.

• FixACV4TLOO
    5 posts

Was trying to get into a boat the ale fell in the water and disappeared under the map =(

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

Well just tried the brewery quest as part of the yule festival. Well to say its bugged would be an understatement.

You can complete it however dont count on the map and icons to guide you where to go as they go off into the middle of the north sea until you are right on top of where you need to be.

Step one go to the brewery and talk
    Step two go to the hills overlooking outback in grantbridgeshire
    Step 3 fight make
    Step 4 go to the bandit camp in outback look inside the huts for the ale cask
    Step 5 carry the cask to the big broken bridge between this island and the dunthorpe fast travel point (look at world map to see broken bridge) ake is in the little bay just to the north.

• charlie2345p
    3 posts

When I go to do this quest I get the ale but then it sends me 3000m away no wear near my villiage. I go to the spot but it won't do anything, anyone know how to fix this? Or should I just give up on doing the yule stuff?

• Sakolio
    4 posts

So the Yule festival just activated, and I am trying to do "The case of the missing ale" quest. It works fine until I am supposed to bring the barrel to the boat.
    When I pick up the barrel, the quest marker is in Sciropescire. So I then tried to bring it by boat to ravensthorpe anyways, but everytime I get on a boat the barrel disappears and the quest marker is back in Sciropescire.
    One time the quest marker just kept falling underground.
    So as of right now, this quest is unsolveable for me.

• Hazza1256
    4 posts

@sakolio I'm having the same issue and I'm playing on PC

• Sakolio
    4 posts

@hazza1256 Sad, I hope they fix it soon

• Hazza1256
    4 posts

@sakolio Yeah I hope so too

• Sakolio
    4 posts

@hazza1256 wow, it just worked for me, I ran around with the barrel and found the guy and the quest completed. He is by the broken bridge at the south on the island. You can see the broken bridge at your map.

• Buff_Pizza
    3 posts

So I found the fix for this. After getting the ale make your way to the southwest either on a boat or walking. As you get close to the location the quest icon will fix itself and show you the new location. You can find the quest area next to the river. You will see the brew master and his boat on the shore.
    undefined

• Buff_Pizza
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • pcguy88
    1 posts

@sakolio Same issue on XBox One

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reporting this. I'd like to know if the workaround offered by Buff_Pizza (thanks for sharing, by the way!) Helps with the completion of the mission for others? If so, we'd like to gather some more information - a clip of this issue occurring would be fantastic!

Official Response
  • Sakolio
    4 posts

@ubiwan His solution works quite well. I just did the mission with the cows, and the quest marker for completing the quest was Sciropescire as well.
    So the problem seems to be the quest marker itself for completing the quests.

• sven_170
    1 posts

Unable to complete the "return the brew" quest for the Yule festival. I get the barrel of mead but then the quest marker sends the player far far away from settlement. The brew drops in any river and cannot be picked back up underwater. Quest says return to boat but not marked on map and have not been able to find it. Please update this quest!!!!!

• natas956
    1 posts

all the events are broken for me, couldn't get Bertham to follow me back after hunting the cows, missing ale went missing went i set it down, on the tournament fights Eivor was floating above the other fighters making it impossible to hit them.

• GhostAgent14
    50 posts

@charlie2345p
    I'm on that quest as well and at the point where it says to find the secret brew. The green question mark icon goes off the map to the upper right. I thought it meant Norway, so I fast traveled there but didn't see the icon there. So I'm not quite sure where to go!! Lol

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@ghostagent14 back where you got the ale, the brewer headed to the right. Follow the road and he'll be by the waters edge. Quest complete.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics