Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@brader03991 I dropped mine in the water too. Just load a save previous to when you got the barrel. Hopefully you won't go back too far.

• Brader03991
    4 posts

@jcar4327 I think I said screw it and kept going lmao will check and probably do that later

• ACGM98
    2 posts

Have come across a few bugs first is the mysterie mission in lunden where the objects to be slide away are spawning on top of the pots and will not let you move them so the guy is stuck img the wear house and the second is the mission “the case of missing ale, the mission has brought me to sciropescire and is saying the barrel to be picked up is 248 m below me in the middle of a hill with no access to it

• ACGM98
    2 posts

Have come across a few bugs first is the mysterie mission in lunden where the objects to be slide away are spawning on top of the pots and will not let you move them so the guy is stuck img the wear house and the second is the mission “the case of missing ale, the mission has brought me to sciropescire and is saying the barrel to be picked up is 248 m below me in the middle of a hill with no access to it

• Loxworth
    2 posts

@acgm98
    I also have missing ale mission bug with the barrel being super far under ground in Sciropescire. For me, this glitch occured as soon as I accidentally rammed my small boat (with the barrel on board) into the shore, breaking the boat and Thanos-snapping the barrel out of existence. Immediately after, the quest-waypoint moved over to Sciropescire 248 meters underground instead.

• elincarabus
    1 posts

I have the same issue but the barrel has not re-spawned

• Downeaster2010
    5 posts

@acgm98 That happened to me also. But to make it easy for you... You have to carry the barrel and head to
    your left approx 250 m or yds. He is waiting by the water for you. Easy to find as your crow or eagle can
    sport him. You may encounter wolves or enemy enroute. Don't put the barrel down to encounter them as
    the barrel will respond back where you originally picked it up.

• FemmeNikita91
    6 posts

Hello. If I had read stuff before trying this quest, I would have known that I had to carry the barrel all the way back, but I didn't. So after killing all the bad guys and finding the barrel, I started to bring it back to where Ake had gone. Then the quest marker said that would be over 3000 meters, so I thought that wasn't right. So I called the mount, but I couldn't put the barrel on his back. So then I tried to fast travel. I know now that was dumb, because the barrel didn't follow me. But now the quest marker is somewhere in the middle of the next continent...and "middle" by being somewhere within the landmass with no tunnels or caves or anything.

Is there a way I can "reset" this quest so I can start over?

• Astro66
    3 posts

After I got the barrel, the marker for the boat was over 3000 meters away on the other side of the village in the middle of the land. I tried using the raven to see if it was really there (because that fixed one of the many bugs for me with a different yule time quest) but the marker kept mi I g as I flew closer. I noticed the quest changed from go to the boat to return with the ale so I just started walking back to my village but walked into a small bandit camp so had to put it down. I made sure to remember where I was setting it down but after taking care of the few guys there the barrel was gone. I tried reloading a previous save but the closest one without going back 20 minutes or more was right after killing all the guys I stumbled on. On the reload the screen was blurry and Eivor wobbled like he was drunk, but the bottle didn't return and the quest marker is still out in western Mercia somewhere. Now I have to decide if it is worth loading a much earlier save. The number of bugs, and severity or them, in this event are quite astonishing. I think he time would have been better spent fixing the dozens of other bugs in the main game instead of pushing out a very broken event.

• SabreSteel
    1 posts

@femmenikita91 That quest is badly bugged. Probably have to wait for a patch

• rankinsect
    52 posts

@femmenikita91

You don't have to carry the barrel all the way back. You carry it just a little bit south of where you met Ake - he's waiting at the river to the south (Eivor mentions bringing the barrel back to Ake's boat).

The quest marker is bugged like crazy but the quest is doable. If you go back to the bandit camp, does the barrel not respawn there? Typically if you lose an item while carrying it from one place to another, it respawns at its initial location.

• rankinsect
    52 posts

@astro66 The barrel should respawn back at the bandit camp where you first got it.

For any "carry" quest, if you put the item on the ground and it leaves your line of sight even for an instant, it will immediately return to its original location.

The place to bring the barrel to is not far - it's just south of where you met Ake, at the river.

• dunkalars
    9 posts

@rankinsect Theres a vid on youtube. Helped me. Allso if you loose barrel it respawns where you picked it up. Put barrel on small boat n head east from bandit camp. questmarker will realign n get ya to Ake.

• GonzoVG
    6 posts

I hope it helps.

• dunkalars
    9 posts

@gonzovg I see, travel to main camp n travel to norway n back/ main menuquit.. go back there. barrel will respawn in hut where you found it. youll have to fight your way back again,sorry. i had to aswell. after take barrel to river by banditcamp n place it on a small boat n head right. follow right river and you should get get to where ake is. once you see n get close enough its ; mission complete.

• GonzoVG
    6 posts

There is a bug in a mission of the Yule Festival. The mission I am talking about is "The case of the missing ale."

If you need help, watch the video. 

https://t.co/ZTstBlXhZK

• dunkalars
    9 posts

@gonzovg no need to go back to main camp sorry.

• GonzoVG
    6 posts
    @gonzovg no need to go back to main camp sorry.

I haven't said you need to go back to the main camp. Watch the video I made and you will have and idea on how to solve this bug.

Good luck and have fun.

• dunkalars
    9 posts

@gonzovg oh. sorry. i tought You were asking. i solved it yesterday morning. hehehe. miscommunication. Nice video. Have a good one.🖖

• apexohmeg
    1 posts

The entire Yule fest is bugged and extremely irritating.... I was able to complete the cow and ale ones so moved onto the spinning targets which I did twice as I did not hit all the targets the first try.. hit them all the second time and she said it was perfect but still says it is not complete... so I moved onto the drinking challenge which I beat the first time but still says I lost?(since the update it’s now saying I lose every drinking challenge even when beating them no matter where I am in the world) .. did the fist fighting challenge beat every single one of them was told I was the champion ..yet again still says it’s not complete... I don’t know what is going on with this game but it’s been nothing but bugs since it was released.. so disappointing as it would be great otherwise.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics