Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Hazza1256
    4 posts

@sakolio Yeah I hope so too

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I've merged together several threads about being unable to proceed in "The Case of the Missing Ale" together, so we can keep all this information in one place. Apologies if any ongoing discussions were disrupted by this.

This issue was marked as resolved following the end of the Yule Festival. I will now be locking this thread.

If you require help with any other issues, please check out our megathread list, or open up a new thread.

Keep an eye out for future events within our News & Announcements forum, as well on the official website.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Sakolio
    4 posts

@hazza1256 wow, it just worked for me, I ran around with the barrel and found the guy and the quest completed. He is by the broken bridge at the south on the island. You can see the broken bridge at your map.

• Buff_Pizza
    3 posts

So I found the fix for this. After getting the ale make your way to the southwest either on a boat or walking. As you get close to the location the quest icon will fix itself and show you the new location. You can find the quest area next to the river. You will see the brew master and his boat on the shore.
    undefined

• Buff_Pizza
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • pcguy88
    1 posts

@sakolio Same issue on XBox One

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 610 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reporting this. I'd like to know if the workaround offered by Buff_Pizza (thanks for sharing, by the way!) Helps with the completion of the mission for others? If so, we'd like to gather some more information - a clip of this issue occurring would be fantastic!

Official Response
  • Sakolio
    4 posts

@ubiwan His solution works quite well. I just did the mission with the cows, and the quest marker for completing the quest was Sciropescire as well.
    So the problem seems to be the quest marker itself for completing the quests.

• sven_170
    1 posts

Unable to complete the "return the brew" quest for the Yule festival. I get the barrel of mead but then the quest marker sends the player far far away from settlement. The brew drops in any river and cannot be picked back up underwater. Quest says return to boat but not marked on map and have not been able to find it. Please update this quest!!!!!

• natas956
    1 posts

all the events are broken for me, couldn't get Bertham to follow me back after hunting the cows, missing ale went missing went i set it down, on the tournament fights Eivor was floating above the other fighters making it impossible to hit them.

• GhostAgent14
    28 posts

@charlie2345p
    I'm on that quest as well and at the point where it says to find the secret brew. The green question mark icon goes off the map to the upper right. I thought it meant Norway, so I fast traveled there but didn't see the icon there. So I'm not quite sure where to go!! Lol

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@ghostagent14 back where you got the ale, the brewer headed to the right. Follow the road and he'll be by the waters edge. Quest complete.

• BricksFive
    13 posts

@buff_pizza Verified that this fix works. Thank you for posting.

• Ubi-Wan

@jsrg1840 Hello there. Sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered with the new quest. If you are / were able to, I'd like to see a screenshot of the icons issue you've mentioned, as I'm rather curious about what you were seeing in-game!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Wan

@doggylajoie Hey there, thanks for sharing your workaround! I'd like to know if many others see this strange marker being set after reaching this point in the mission as well? If so, we'd greatly appreciate a video or screenshot of this issue, so we can have things looked further into!

Official Response
  • Oriolopv
    3 posts

@assassin1bk Yea I have the same problem

• B00MSIE
    269 posts

@ubiwan

Do not have a video but for me the exact same thing happened. Play on Series X.

• Oriolopv
    3 posts

@oriolopv The ale is hidden in the bandit camp in the direction that hes looking over the cliff.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@ubiwan
    That is going to be a bit difficult considering I've completed the quest.
    Unless you're telling me this quest is going to repeat or a variation everyday.

The icon in question is the quest destination/location icon

• Arvid.st4
    1 posts

@fixacv4tloo I have the same problem on Xbox Series X. The quest icon shows that it is 3000m away and on the world map it doesn't stay in one play.

• Hazza1256
    4 posts

@sakolio Yep It worked for me too I just completed it

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics