Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 109 posts

Long-time Assassin's Creed fan here, and I think this needs more attention. I was loving this game, but especially after the latest update (December 15), it's reeeally making it harder for me to enjoy and immerse myself in the experience because of the visual noise that I can't turn off on my screen.

In descending order of importance, here are the specific HUD/Interface elements that the devs should REALLY let us turn off in the settings:

Those flashy red "rune" symbols on enemies performing an unblockable attack

Before the December 15 patch, I had this thing off! I believe it was disabled by turning off the "Enemy Info" setting (which usually displays enemy health and stamina bars), and I was blissfully playing for almost 200 hours without EVER seeing that ghastly, cartoony red rune flash on enemies. Now, after the patch, I am forced to see it every time an enemy does a heavy attack. There are now wolves, wild boars, and chickens flying at me like they're on fire. In bareknuckle fist fights, my opponents look like they're on fire when they're about to grab me. This is so distracting, unimmersive, etc. It kills any sense of believability or realism I may have had while playing this game and engaging in combat.

Simply give us the option to turn this thing off. That's it! That's all I'm asking. There's even already a sound effect that plays when an enemy is doing an unblockable attack. I don't need to see this thing!

Mid-screen messages that say, "Ammo is full," "Rations are full," "Adrenaline is full," "This door is barred from the other side," "Find the key for this door," etc.

These mid-screen messages are obnoxious and unnecessary, and they take up a big chunk of my screen. I can tell the door is barred from the other side: there's a red glow on it, it makes a "locked door" sound when I try to open it, and Eivor literally vocalizes the fact by stating, "Hmm. Must be barred from the other side." As for arrows, rations, and adrenaline? I got it! I can figure that out on my own without the constant textual reminder in the middle of my screen, even during hectic combat! Just give us the option to turn these off in the Interface settings. That's all I'm asking!

Colorful weapon trails

Every time I swing my axe with a heavy attack, there's this unsightly, cartoony orange-ish trail left behind my weapon. For similar immersion-killing reasons, I am requested that we get an option in the Interface settings to turn these weapon trails OFF. Again, people who like seeing these things can leave them on for as long as they want. But those of us who want a more immersive, more believable, less-cluttered experience should just have the option to disable them.

Those white sparkly explosions whenever I loot something/someone

Every time I hit the "loot" button to collect something anywhere, there's a small explosion of white sparkles that fly around it. There are irritating, and I would very much appreciate--once again--the option to turn them off in the Interface settings.

Allow us the OPTION of having a more immersive, more realistic visual experience with AC: Valhalla. If you do, I will keep playing this game for months to come. But right now, it's harder for me to appreciate and enjoy it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• C-Pick

Forgot to add one more item to that list!

The aiming reticle always on when crouching

I don't understand why every time I hit the crouch button, I have to see this white dot in the middle of my screen. Was this left there by mistake? In any case, I would greatly appreciate the simple option to turn that off.

The only time I want to see a reticle is if I'm aiming my bow. Can these relatively easy options be implemented in the next update?

• C-Pick

Would love to get some sort of acknowledgement from Ubisoft about this.

The latest patch, as I said above, actually made the HUD experience worse for me.

Suggested Topics