Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CuriouslyRed
    Original poster 2 posts

I was mucking around in the display settings for Valhalla, and I accidentally changed the aspect ratio to one not supported by my monitor (switched from the default 16:9 to 16:10 to experiment). I was not aware my monitor doesn't support this. Now, all I can see while playing is a black screen and the message 'input not supported'. The game is still playing, I can still hear audio, but I can't see what I'm doing. I don't even have a mouse cursor. I need help resetting it to an aspect ratio my monitor supports.

I've tried navigating to the options menu just by the audio (I can tell when the logo appears and when the menu has loaded), but the audio cues for the individual items on the start screen are too indistinct and too quiet, especially when the sound of fire crackling is the same volume. On top of that, there's no way I'm ever going to find the specific aspect ratio setting and select the appropriate option from the drop-down. I'm hoping that there is a way to reset all the game's settings to their defaults from outside of the game, without having to reinstall it, but I'm braced for the worst.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CuriouslyRed
    Original poster 2 posts

@curiouslyred Problem solved. I was exploring my computer looking for a text file that might contain launch conditions that I could edit. I found it in This PC -> Documents -> Assassin's Creed Valhalla -> ACValhalla.ini. Changed FullscreenHeight=1200 to FullscreenHeight=1080, and I can see the game again.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics