• 10 Likes/373 Replies/3819 Views
    thedevilcomes
    39 posts

@y2jreturn agreed

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

This issue with Eivor spawning in drunk should now be resolved due to the Yule Festival having ended, which the bug was discovered to be tied to.

If you are still loading in drunk, or experiencing drunk effects in-game when not having drunk any ale or participated in a drinking game, please provide a video demonstrating this along with the platform you play on so that I can open an investigation separate to the one for the Yule Festival. It would be helpful to know if you have completed a quest where drinking is required recently as well, such as "Heavy is the Head" involving Ivarr mentioned by @WrightWayUp.

I'll mark this issue as resolved for the moment, as we do believe it to be fixed, but will absolutely reopen the investigation if it is needed! Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • marctrooper1
    4 posts

Each time I "continue" when starting my game, Eivor is drunk.

• pipzuk
    8 posts

@marctrooper1 it's happening to me too

• ORSF_MTZIGG
    6 posts

same here soo0oo lame

• Russel_978
    2 posts

Ever since playing that fight minigame in the Yule festival, everytime a checkpoint is restarted (dying, loading up the game, manually restarting a checkpoint) the game acts like Eivor is drunk, the animations are affected, and the camera has that "drunk effect" to it. It was funny at first, but when I realised it persisted it got pretty annoying.
    Playing on a PS4, 110+ hours of gameplay.

• Rentapig311
    2 posts
  • UbiSObuggy
    8 posts

I notice when I traveled to norway... all my loads are sober. I'm no longer loading in drunk. Not sure if the bug will return once I head back to england. Maybe a fix? Can anyone confirm?

• UbiSObuggy
    8 posts

@torfinr I notice when I traveled to norway... all my loads are sober. I'm no longer loading in drunk. Not sure if the bug will return once I head back to england. Maybe a fix? Can anyone confirm?

• Manny2536
    2 posts

A few days ago I saved the game after completing a fist fight tournament after the "Christmas" update (not sure what update it was but there's now a festival going on in my village). My character was drunk at the time of my save. Now after I logged back on, my character spawns in drunk. Whether I fast travel or respawn after death, my character is drunk. I've tried waiting it out until he is sober and then saving it but no matter how long i wait or save after he is not drunk, he continues to spawn in drunk. P.s. I also play xbox one s.

• wolf-MAN010
    10 posts

@manny2536 i have the same issue but does your game also crash after a while?

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

Same here - Xbox Series X.

No matter if I go out from the Animus and went back in, fast travel, load game - Eivor still is drunk.

• Kaphalor
    3 posts

Same Problem here

It started, after i ended the game drunk (after the festive brawl to be precise)
    I also respawn drunk, after i die

• AIXtreme2k
    1 posts

The same here. Please fix this bug!

• Manny2536
    2 posts

@wolf-man010 no, I haven't had that issue though I stopped playing after an hour because it was frustrating 😕

• damhanalla12
    1 posts

@mac_legend223 I have a similar issue, though mine started after the Yule Festival, I did the drinking contest and since then every time I load the game Eivor is drunk, and if I meditate to sober up, Eivor stays sober until I die, or fail and have to reload. I have gone through several days of playing this way, sometimes this means doing some of my quest intoxicated. I get they wanted the Yule Festival to feel like a real get together, but I don't need to be drunk a week later while trying to conquer England.

• coocie95
    1 posts

Every time I fast travel or load a save on AC Valhalla, I get a disoriented effect on the screen like my characters drunk. Happened ever since I participated in the drinking contest for Yule festival. It goes away, but it's very annoying.

Playing on a ps4

• weaslexr5
    2 posts

@droidux same, super annoying, not kinda of annoying, not unfortunate, not aw bummer, no ----> extremely annoying after a couple days. I hope they put out a hot fix

• FunbagsOfSatan
    26 posts

Eivor has become a true alcoholic since the Yule patch. Whenever I load a save she's completely sloshed. I'm on PS5.

• LottaTronIcs
    12 posts

@mac_legend223. same problem here, it started after the Yule Event....

• MachineGhost46
    15 posts

@lottatronics /start rant/ Yep, the Yule event introduced many bugs - always drunk on load/rescussitation if you have done the Yule drinking challenge, minimum number of arrows on all bow types even though quiver is maxed out, torch flame does not always work, yule festival completely goes away if none of the Yule challenges attempted yet and several more. Ubisoft taking their time fixing these... /end rant/

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics