Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 10 Likes/375 Replies/4185 Views
    UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Thanks for letting us know that speaking to a NPC can also resolve this! I am sorry that meditating, or sleeping in your bed, does not fix this for some of you. I have reported this up as well. Please continue to keep an eye out for future updates as the Game team investigates. Thank you all for your continued contributions on this matter.

Official Response
  • LycanZero8383
    1 posts

Okay, so I am having this thing happen where every time I spawn after either loading up a save or respawning from death, I spawn drunk, what is going on here?

• paul_thrussell
    1 posts

Radvi wont talk about missions only brings up alliance map, every time i respawn he is drunk
    Why did they put the festival in the game they SHOULD FIX IT FIRST THEN ADD BITS !!!!!!
    UBISOFT should be made to refund us all and compensate us for our time playing the game 140hrs for nothing

• Wulfrahven
    3 posts

Also having this issue, was hoping that other people were, but it seems like nobody is caring about it.

It looks like Yule messed it up as SuperDogStar mentioned. It's rather annoying when it happens and was hoping Ubisoft would be looking into it.

• HOJIMUSO
    3 posts

I also have this problem too. It's not really a serious problem but it's just annoying. I will explain how I think I got this problem. (I just come play again around 4 days)
    The first time I got this problem It's after I come back in the game again when I finished allies in England and done some quest of Yule season.
    This bug triggered every time when I reload save/re-launch game/respawn
    It's clear that this problem fades away in time and sometimes fast travel work for me but like I travel to Norway my Eivor's not drunk but when I travel back to England I got drunk again (and I didn't talk to NPC in base bc Its a bug from quest " a wise friend" that I can't interact with NPC)
    and I got some random game crashed so... It's so annoying. If you have the same things as me let me know.

• Dr3dds
    6 posts

To make fellow gamers aware, the drunken state is no longer active upon loading/booting the game since the end of the Yule Festival. Seems it fixed itself, Yay! although I enjoy the drinking games, getting magically drunk out of no where was not fun.

• Kormac67
    733 posts

Problem has vanished with the end of the Yule feast. 🙂

• azullFR
    1115 posts

@kormac67
    All Yule coins have gone too... thanks Ubi for not telling it was useless to do more yule challenges in advance for next year ...
    @ Ubi what about the 100 runes limited list ?????

• WastelandStag
    19 posts

This fixed for me today. Entered the game about 12:30 gmt, Eivor was drunk.
    Did some essex missions/world stuff. Took a break.
    Entered the game 16:00 gmt.
    Eivors not drunk.

Hope this helps

• jonp.martin91
    2 posts

@lycanzero8383 ok, so you spawn drunk if you have any Modrahnit items from the Yule festival equipped. For anyone experiencing this just take them off.

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

@bricksfive same here lol

• HOJIMUSO
    3 posts

@hojimuso Update Look like after Yule season ended This problem gone with it.

• kurion84
    2 posts

Seems like I've managed to fix the arrow glitch. It seems that the error may have been linked to the save file itself. I loaded a save file that didn't have the arrow error, deleted all save files and created a new save file. Haven't encountered the error in the past 5 days.

• WrightWayUp
    18 posts

@ubi-raziel This bug started today so after the Yule Festival ended. It began after the ‘drinking scene’ with Ivarr in the quest ‘Heavy is the Head’ after you wake up drunk. Hope this helps.

• chagerman
    5 posts

@dr3dds Nothing changed with my game. I turned everything off yesterday. Started up today and still entered the game in drunk-o-vision.

• Dylpernicus
    3 posts

The loading drunk makes the game unplayable for me and I've avoided drinking in game because of the drunk blur. Had to do it to find an Order member last time I sat down to play and now after desynchronization, loading old save that had 4hrs less playtime on it, fast travel, no matter what I load drunk. Only thing I found that helps it sometimes is cutscenes. Even then, if the cut scene is too short it reloads out of it in drunk Eivor mode. Super annoying. I've put the game down until a patch comes through.

• thedevilcomes
    41 posts

drunken ivor issue seems resolved as of the end of the yule festival

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hello everyone,

This issue with Eivor spawning in drunk should now be resolved due to the Yule Festival having ended, which the bug was discovered to be tied to.

If you are still loading in drunk, or experiencing drunk effects in-game when not having drunk any ale or participated in a drinking game, please provide a video demonstrating this along with the platform you play on so that I can open an investigation separate to the one for the Yule Festival. It would be helpful to know if you have completed a quest where drinking is required recently as well, such as "Heavy is the Head" involving Ivarr mentioned by @WrightWayUp.

I'll mark this issue as resolved for the moment, as we do believe it to be fixed, but will absolutely reopen the investigation if it is needed! Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • lolamoo
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer What about people who weren't able to play the Yule festival at all? What about them?

• Dylpernicus
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Still not patched even after 1.1.1 Update. If it helps it started AFTER Yule festival was confirmed completed in game for me soo...Like previously mentioned I had to drink to get a clue for an Order member and wound up staying drunk til the next cutscene. Can't recall the exact mission name but will update if I figure out which member I was hunting. Link below to unlisted youtube video showcasing loading into continued game drunk and loading a previous save from after Yule festival drunk. I don't believe the glitch exists solely in the Yule festival update.

Valhalla on PC:

Suggested Topics