Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Youldinho
    19 posts

@Ubi-Raziel yes the treasure hoard at Oxenenfordshire but it seems like you have answered my question 😀

• BricksFive
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-raziel Yes. I noticed it immediately after the Yule drinking contest. Now it happens whenever I load my game or fast travel. The quick fix I found was to meditate and that immediately corrects the issue for me.

• WastelandStag
    19 posts

Mine started after sometime after the brawl, i also did the drinking game and drank frim the keg before i noticed it happening.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Thank you for getting back to me, this is great progress.

@BricksFive After meditating, what happens if you save then re-load? Do you face the issue again or is it now fixed?

@WastelandStag Thank you 🙂 please also try meditating, saving then re-loading.

I appreciate I'm asking a lot of questions everyone! Just trying to categorise everyone's experience to help our dev team.

Official Response
  • BricksFive
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-raziel Loaded up a save and was drunk. Meditated to fix the issue and immediately saved. Quit to main menu. Reloaded the save and came into the game drunk again. Meditated...fixed...fast traveled to my settlement. Arrived drunk. Hope this helps.

• BricksFive
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-raziel Also, to correct a previous post. Thinkin back...I do believe the issue started occurring after the Yule Brawl. Sorry.

• Ubi-Raziel

@bricksfive No trouble at all, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all of my questions.

So far it would seem that this is related to the Yule brawl for most, if not all players. I have added your answers to the investigation.

Is there anyone who is experiencing this issue and you don't believe you ever attended the Yule brawl tournament?

Official Response
  • Apollosh
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • WR3cker_DK
    75 posts

@torfinr

Yup same here

• Apollosh
    11 posts

@ubi-raziel

I've the same behaviour with the drunk state.... further I'm experiencing another issue since this Quest:

My max. amount of arrows (for every bow) is now on a minimum (like on the beginning) even the quiver is on max level. Are you experiencing the same?
    =>

• BricksFive
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-raziel Okay, so things that I've taken notice of: 1. When fast traveling to a high viewpoint (i.e., top of a church, etc.) I do not get the drunk effect. It's only when I fast travel to a dock or a point that has me show up on the ground is when the drunk effect show. 2. Now I've noticed that I've gone to multiple regions a paid for information to show me where wealth, mysteries artifacts etc....when I pay and I get the prompt to show on the map...I never receive any information on what I've purchased. This is the second day I've noticed this.

• TheBard87
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel I was able to meditate which helped remove the drunk effect , but on save load or fast travel it was back. Sleeping in your bed sometimes removes the effect but not always. This happened after I did the Yule drinking game and brawls.

• Ubi-Raziel

@Apollosh Your quiver issue is known by our dev team. They believe it is related to the Arrow Dropper skill, do you happen to have that equipped?

They're advising to reboot the game while connected online, and your issue should be resolved.

Also I appreciate you are currently experiencing multiple issues. Please do the best you can to keep each individual issue in it's own thread, so we don't take attention away from the issue at hand 🙂

@ubi-raziel Okay, so things that I've taken notice of: 1. When fast traveling to a high viewpoint (i.e., top of a church, etc.) I do not get the drunk effect. It's only when I fast travel to a dock or a point that has me show up on the ground is when the drunk effect show. 2. Now I've noticed that I've gone to multiple regions a paid for information to show me where wealth, mysteries artifacts etc....when I pay and I get the prompt to show on the map...I never receive any information on what I've purchased. This is the second day I've noticed this.

I appreciate you getting back to me, that is most helpful!

Regarding the issue with paid information, can you please create a new thread or add to an existing thread if you can find one? This is to help us keep on track and no discuss too many issues in one thread.

Thank you all!

Official Response
  • Apollosh
    11 posts

@ubi-raziel

First of all thanks for your fast reply. Following all I've tried solving the Arrow problem so far, after creating a new manually savegame (with reboot and so on):

• completly different clothing
    • completly different weapon
    • completly differen bow
    • resetting all skills
    • resetting / removing all abilities
  • JCar4327
    617 posts

@torfinr I haven't ran into this, but there are tons of posts in the Yule festival category complaining about this issue. I think they are showing up there because people are connecting the release of Yule with the issue recently appearing. Does Eivor stay drunk for a long while or does it wear off pretty quickly?

• Power_of_Rome
    24 posts

@ubi-raziel

Workaround is to wait a minute long and you get sober again. Or skipping time by meditating.

This is how it happened to me in the specific. I was in Werham, Hamtunscire, i was doing the story arc where you assault Werham. And i was trying to get the chest in a wooden watchtower. Then i jumped off from the top of the tower and i ended up in the pointy end of the palisade. My character got stuck there for like 10-15 seconds long and it died. When i reloaded the save, i got the drunk effect.

I think i went there in Werham after installing the Festival patch. But im not sure. Dont remember.

• Ubi-Raziel

@Apollosh You are most welcome 🙂 I can see you created a new thread so I will reply to you there.

@Italickus Thank you for your in-depth description! The team should have everything they need now; we will let players know once we know more!

Official Response
  • Garmiir
    3 posts

@ubi-raziel If i'm not mistaken, mine started happening right after the Yule brawling contest. Maybe the drinking contest too, can't say exactly which one, i did both pretty close to one another.
    Anytime i load my game Eivor is drunk, it passes when i get a cutscene.
    Sometimes the screen effect goes off on it's own after some time, but Eivor still walks drunk and trembles.

• DHangelfan16
    24 posts

Yup always drunk when I load in anywhere now.

First time playing in over a goddamn month since they patched Sons of Ragnar FINALLY the other day. Now another bug.

Boy, jee willikers, I'm sure enjoying my experience so far.

• Omninerd42
    1 posts

Ever since the Yule update and competing in all the events and finishing the two missions, now every time I load my game Evior is drunk. Doesn't matter where I left her or what she had been doing she is now there and drunk for a few minutes. Has anyone else been having this issue with their saves since the update. Because it is really annoying. And not helpful if loading into and waiting around for it to pass or stumbling around while trying to complete quests objectives.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics