Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

Rather then post in god knows how many different threads I just wanted to make my own in the hopes that someone from Ubi sees this + put all of the issues that have popped up concerning and coinciding with the Yule Festival in one concise and easy to access place.

So to list:

• I've done both the drinking competition (I won) and the Yule Brawl (made it to round 10 and lost). Unblockable attacks from competitors in Yule Brawl would sometimes make Eivor float if I tried to dodge away from them but they connected anyway. Goliath actually floated at one point because I dodged and he ran into the arena. Eivor is also drunk every time I load up the game since completing both these events and it takes roughly 10-15 seconds to wear off
    • NPCs around the bonfire have started to float every now and again
    • Quiver is fully upgraded but arrow capacity does not reflect this. Eivor's quiver is also missing from their in game model altogether (in gameplay, cutscenes, and inventory screen). The only reason I figured out the quiver was gone is because the arrows that should be inside the quiver are now floating in the spot on Eivor's model where it should be
    • The Case of the Missing Ale and the Cattle Farm mission both had waypoints that were way off where they should've been (managed to complete both with a workaround)
    • The 3 new skills that were added to coincide with the 1.1.0 update and Yule Festival (I unlocked the one for the bear skill tree) are now gone and the skill point I spent was refunded back to me
    • The skill and quiver issue didn't occur until I got the notification that the Yule Festival was available to access. Everything went downhill after that

I think that's all at the moment that's affecting my game besides the already known issue of the duplicate Galloglach and Hunter Armor torso. It's honestly a shame that whenever a new patch comes along it's a case of 3 steps forward and 8 steps back; issues end up getting fixed only for several more to pop up in their place. Sorry if this is a lot I'm just disheartened as I've enjoyed my time with the game and at this point would just really like an update to come along without worrying about what bugs it's going to cause in place of the ones it tried to fix.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Tolkyyn
    90 posts

@madnessreigns33 For me, the cask of ale I rescued disappeared and it's icon is showing up all over the map, sometimes hundreds of feet below the surface, and is unobtainable.

• SavageAbbey
    1 posts

having problems with the case of the missing ale, the marker was way off point and when I finally realised this after traveling a while on my long ship, I went back and found the guy I was supposed to meet, but now it wont go to the cut scene and I cannot tall to him so I cannot complete this mission. I'm also having the same problem with evior being drunk everytime I load the game or fast travel.

• Tolkyyn
    90 posts

So I went back to a save, started quest over, was carrying the cask feet away from boat when a group out for revenge started shooting at me. I carefully set the barrel down, killed them. I went back for the barrel and it had vanished. I'm getting really sick of this quest.

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@tolkyyn Yeah mine didn't disappear thankfully but I ended up having to watch a guide on where to go during each step of the quest and travel within 100m of each objective for the map marker to reallocate itself to the correct spot

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@savageabbey try reloading to before you started the quest if that's possible. Should fix you not being able to talk to him

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

Wanted to make a quick add on to the first post since I just remembered this but I'm also having an issue with some of the fishing deliveries. They give me Asgard schemes for my ship as a reward which ends up causing duplicates since I already bought them from the settlement shop a while back

• Tolkyyn
    90 posts

So I got the cask of ale to Ake's boat. He wouldn't talk to me, so I figured I had to take it back to the ale shop in Ravensthorpe. Which I did. He wasn't there. I carried it all over the Yule area, nothing. So in desperation I looked at a video and it showed Ake talking to Eivor at his boat's original site. So I poled it all the way back there and after 2 more tries, he finally spoke to me. What a TERRIBLE quest.

• sgmtopo
    2 posts

Completed Ale Quest, but have the usual problem with Build the Cattle Farm. What was your workaround?

• LadyLotusWA
    1 posts

I, also am suffering this issue. At first, I blamed it on my satellite internet being unstable. I did, upon reboot (XboxOne) manage to get the Yule festival back. Then, lost it again. Now it seems gone forever. 😞 I love the AC franchise, and thought I would not like this one as much as Odyssey (I am a history junkie). But I am enjoying hanging out with Eivor the hot viking! lol (I chose the male version) But this has truly been the buggiest game, ever! I have made observance (because UBI doesn't answer their service tickets, very quickly) that when I have the dreaded "corrupt data" bug, that takes your game play back 1-8 hours, and this Yule issue, it seems to have to do with the UBI server. I was forced to work from home (covid) and have been dealing with jammed servers with MS, and horrible quality with webinars and conference calls, etc. I think the whole world is dealing with difficult internet. However..... for a single player, stand alone game, AC Valhalla should be performing so much better! The reason we buy the software, is so we can play offline. Now we are being held hostage to a crowded server. I will keep trolling for fixes.. and hope you gamer buddies have a better New Year! 🙂

Suggested Topics