Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    Original poster 370 posts

Hej there
    I'm sure all of you have noticed: there are now three new skills visible on the skill tree.
    Are they the old hidden masteries or are they something else?
    In the last patch note they said, concerning the skills, that they have increased the cap, what is it now? It used to be 3x30. Could it be related to the 3 new skills and the availability of xp boosters in the shop (as you can technically grind more of them now?!)
    Thanks for help

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@torfinr following this as id like to know this too. I do know that if you have any skill points you cant spend them on the 3 new ones that have shown up so i think its something thats coming later, much later. Probably with the dlc thats supposedly out around march time.

• summortuus
    11 posts

3 new abilities showed up that I could put points into, and I did. However, a day later, they disappeared, and I just see the white branches now. No idea if I got that points back or if they are just gone. New bugs occur for m every day since the newest patch. Somehow I had little problems before this yule patch.

• PALMATJ
    40 posts

@summortuus

same as you, I saw the new skills. I was already at 400 power so I removed 3 points from a tree to activate them. i then acquired 2 more points from leveling.

the next day they had disappeared.

I can definitively say I got the points back. They are currently sitting as 2 unused skill points on my skills screen while all 400 others are activated.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@tasha-soriah I think you may be on to something because if you look at the symbol it is the same as the one at the center of the current skill tree. Makes me think these will be the starting points for new skill trees tied to DLC releases.

• PALMATJ
    40 posts

@jcar4327

a follow up to you and Tasha:

I can still see the initial nodes. They are not currently “trigger-able”. When 1.1.0 first dropped there was 1 skill beyond each of them that you could activate. The next day, those 3 were gone, but the nodes remained. And I was refunded the 3 points I unassigned and put on them.

I'm sure they’ll be back eventually.

• Hern_the_Hunter
    16 posts

@torfinr I don't have the new skills showing up in my skill tree. The three white icons linked to the central icon of the same type show nothing added. In fact a PSN pal sent me three screen shots of the new skills which he has access to. On New Years Eve I reached power level 400, expecting the extra skills to show up. However no further skill points have been provided, instead I've been given 1 Mastery point on levelling up since then. So far I've gleaned 8 of them and am well on the way to getting my 9th. On being given the very first Mastery point 3 independent icons appeared near the central while icon. The Raven, The Bear and The Wolf icons to be precise.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@torfinr Since I seen someone else add to this I thought I would update. So, I have multiple saves going on as I have been playing through for each character choice. The three nodes do give extra skills, but it is come and go. One time I'll log on and they will be available and the next time they won't be available. I would say they are for something that will be added in the future.

• rorobfo
    40 posts

@torfinr be happy that you get them back from time to time. i just had them once and now they are gone forever it seems.

• summortuus
    11 posts

@jcar4327 Same. In fact it seems to be every other day the additional skills appear then disappear.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Had them for a short time and then they disappeared. Never got them back. Seems some players have them, some had them and they disappeared and some never got them at all. Same with the Yule Festival. Mine ended a week ago. Found out it runs until Jan 8th. Same thing there. Some players still playing the festival others it disappeared. Heard the problem with the Yule Festival was a disconnection or going off line. That should of not removed it from a players game. This game is riddled with bugs and some game breaking. Ubisoft has done nothing. No new update patches or hot fixes. I have put this game on my back burner for now.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

Those 3 skills disappeared before and during the Yule Festival; I was able to get them back by reinstalling the game but they were gone again.

However, when the festival ended prematurely (I could be wrong) on 26th Dec., and that was when I was playing offline, they returned. Next time I launched the game online, they were still here.

Playing on Xbox One.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@chuckkatse I'm not sure about playing offline, but it's not from losing connection. I seem to always be in the "Online Service Error" mode. I think that is why the avenge players isn't working. It may be that playing offline does affect the Yule Festival though. I know I was not able to see the vendors inventory when I was getting the error message, but I can still participate in the events. The same goes for Reda with the error message. A lot of this is the same kind of stuff that happened with Unity, you would think they learned from that and it would not happen again.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

@jcar4327 Remember getting an Online Service Error message. Might of been after that I lost the Yule Festival and I lost the extra skills. Hard to say.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@chuckkatse I get them constantly, and it's not my internet. Their servers really suck. I have to actually quit the game and relaunch every time it happens to fix it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics