Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • slf0612
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello, friends of the production team and fans of Assassin's Creed.
    I am an AC fan from China, and my English is limited. I hope you won't mind.
    This Valhalla, the content is my favorite, but I'm a little disappointed with some of the rendering performance in the game. I wonder if the experts in the production team could improve it in the later stage?
    First, it's the protagonist's cloak. In the promotion of CG and the original painting, eivor has no Cape. It looks strange. It always feels weird. In particular, in the non hidden state, the cloak is very rigid, like a board on the back, which greatly affects the sense of substitution.
    Second, the fur shawl, which we know as a must-have item for the Vikings. I found that all fur shawls in the game don't sway with the wind. There is no wind setting in the game. This reminds me of the fur decoration on Connor's left shoulder in the DLC of King Washington in AC3,every hair will swing with the wind, and the physical effect of cloth swinging with the wind should be more vivid. I don't know why the rendering effect of Valhalla is not as good as the old ID before under the condition of better technology. It's visually disappointing.
    I wonder if the friends of the production group will upgrade the physical effect in the later stage? Make fur more like fur than a piece of felt, especially the shawl of the Raven clan suit! What's more, is it possible to design an option to hide the Cape without hiding both the hood and the cape? Meet our players a small wish! Viking with a cape is really not Viking.
    Finally, thank you very much for your work. Your idea is so great that it can't be described in words. I love you all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

@slf0612 Hello! I really appreciate you contacting us with your feedback; your English is perfectly understandable to me.

I'm not sure why these physics weren't introduced, however I have submitted this feedback to our devs for another player, and I will do the same for you. The physics add another level of immersion, so hopefully we start to see it again soon 🙂

We will of course let players know if any changes are back.

Thank you for your kind words, it really is nice to read!

Official Response
  • slf0612
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-raziel Thank you very much for your reply. I read it several times with excitement... Ha ha

It is because I love this Valhalla too much, so very hope it in the game, in the protagonist's image display can be perfect, perhaps this is my picture of obsessive-compulsive disorder problem. I hope it stays on my computer until I'm 70, haha. I really like the theme that the production team and the creative people bring this time.

Pray that in the next update, I will see my careful wishes come true.

Thank you again for your hard work and sweat. Love you guys~ pay attention to rest guys~

• white_n99
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel

Hey, have been browsing the web finding other people’s comments on some of the cloth physics and am glad to see players in agreement about it. Thought I’d share thoughts here instead of creating a new post in the hope it gets seen.

I agree a lot with the main post about the cardboard feel of the cape when the hood is tucked down, and even when running with the hood is up it just feels strange. I understand it might be too much to change the physics of all the clothes, but I don’t think it should be that difficult for the cloak specifically, especially for when hiding the bow and shield and the cape is covering the whole back of the player. It’s quite obvious how ‘attached’ the cape is to Eivor, with it trying to follow the movement of the arms and legs. It’s puzzling why such an integral part of the game looks so unpolished. Compared to the rest of the game which looks and plays great it’s a bit disappointing. Love the bigger focus on the Assassins but it’s hard to feel like one when the outfit physics don’t match the standard of previous games! I feel like I’m making a big deal out of this but I just miss the realistic clothing we saw in games before! AC1 had better physics on Altair’s robes!

• TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

Any possibility theres any development in the cloth department?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics