Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    Original poster 402 posts

So... First time ever since Assassin's creed's first came out, I've gone back to the previous title, Odyysey.
    The viking age is my most favourite period of history, it's the period I did two degrees in uni at so I was beyond excited when my most favourite game series made the creative choice to set a game in this period.
    So, it was to my disappointment when the game dropped with all the game breaking bugs, lack of content and lack of replayability. Almost every single ac game I've played a replayed each campaign numeriously. I've loved doing aude quests and investing myself in the worlds ubisoft create, and I've now, with Vahalla, I'm bored. The world is pretty, but empty-it feels lifeless and only in certain areas to I feel any motivation to explore. Side quests are dull, meaningless and often so bugged I can't complete them. This is the first assassin's creed game where its been so buggy that I've had to stop playing the story because of a technical issue.
    On Vahalla they've added more weapons-yet have somehow limited gameplay styles... Its either super heavy shock warrior, or bowman as stealth leaves a lot to be desired. The lack of one handed swords in the game (I've moaned about this enough so I'm not going to go into this in detail) means I cannot play in the style I want, or even make a lagertha, uhtred style build in a game... About vikings. Odyssey and origins had more to do upon launch than Vahalla does in its entire play through. Feels like a massive step back. I know the devs have announced more features/replayable raids, but why not add these on launch?
    The gender choice, whilst being a debated issue on here, ubisoft did lie about. The historical Eivor was female, and there's nothing wrong with that, but then don't lie and say a male version is Canon, when it's not (yes j know in some sequences, Eivor is male, but a 80-20 split does not quantify the 20% as Canon..) and how messing up dialogue options for both genders up (both being called wrong pronouns is a new low)) .
    Where the historical narrative ends is a joke. I know some people disagree with me, but it is. Watch the last kingdom and players will see the campaign ends as a massive event is about to happen... Its the equivalent of a narrative blue balls. Some people have said they'll add in another sequence of quests, but why not complete the story upon launch? Especially as the event will impact massively upon the events in the game.
    I liked the story with Eivor, Sigurd and Basim. That's it in the story. The alliance missions are massively alternative history for example, Gloucestershire as a backwater?! It was a massive, wealthy, fortified province in mercia... Don't even get mr started on Rhodri the great missions in Shropshire.
    It's does make me sad as there is a lot to like about the game. Combat is fun when it works, some of the supporting characters are interesting, would've loved to have engaged more with Alfred the Great but hey ho. I like how there are less gear, so you do get attached to a weapon. But then again, shame there aren't any weapons (one handed swords) I actually want to use. Now even the updates are affecting gameplay in a negative way. The game is increasingly being shadowed by slimy microtransactions (sorry the xp boost after 1.10 update is insulting and pointless) stupidly fantasy styled gear and weird cosmetic options. Assassin's creed has always walked a fine line between fantasy and history, but assassin's creed Vahalla's aesthetic completely shoves historical aspects aside. Love or hate it, at least Odyysey has a nice mix between fantasy and historical gear.
    It's has finally gotten to the point where I can't play the game at all. All these little things have added up, and I'm finding myself playing it and enjoying it, at all. I'm literally playing it to pass the time.
    Whilst many of these issues are personal to me, they are shared by so many people both on and off the forum.
    The game could be great, but it's so let down by the bugs, weird cosmetics, technically issues regarding the dialogue, lies about the story, pseudo historical narratives (I can get over these, but they just add to my annoyance), lack of one handed swords or historical gear and absolutely no replayability. I just can't play it without feeling like I've just wasted an evening.
    This has been my only purchase for myself I've made this year (trying to buy a house at the moment so...) and I feel like I've just wasted £80 on an unfinished, hastefully made product.
    I really hope some of these issues are fixed and soon.
    I appreciate many won't share this views, but as I said, these are issues that have been shown ALOT on this forum. I interested to see where a lot of other players are at with it and how they feel about it

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

I not only share the view but I've repeatedly put up my own complaints, whats happened with Valhalla is not worthy of triple "A" games. I realize Ubisoft was being pressured by stockholders wanting a game release but there comes a time when they should have said"you know we have our customers and reputation to worry about too."That definitely did not happen here. Unfortunately, we all have to play a waiting game now for better working patches.Ubisoft really should consider holding any future content release until this game is properly fixed, and in a time frame which considers the customers and the time we've put into it. I too have set the game aside because after the quiver bug I've just had enough.I only hope Ubisoft gets the stuff together soon and deals with this!

• Max18400
    Original poster 402 posts

@duskdragon56496 hopefully yeah. It's a real let down. The viking age as well is so interesting and so many elements just fall flat

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics