Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

After the latest update Eivor's red colored hair changed to something like blond-ish, could you please return the original red color? It looked nicer than this version.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

Since the latest patch, Red haircuts are all weirdly coloured, and when selecting 'hidden' for the gloves/vambraces slot, the hidden blade now becomes invisible. This leads to more buggy and immersion breaking behaviour than when it would've been visible? The first screen is before the patch.

undefined
    2nd screen is after the patch.

undefined
    Who is honestly submitting these pedantic requests? Everything looked way better before. In the hair there is a baffling difference in colour. Looks incredibly strange. Below is the missing hidden blade. Please tell me that players didn't request this.
    undefined

• conibear0342
    10 posts

@orcbeard92 I knew there was something off about the hair!

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@conibear0342 I'm glad somebody else noticed. Ruined the experience for me because I'd been playing the entire game so far as one hair colour and now I'm stuck with this weird fanta orange hair?

This game is great but good lord these patches are ridiculous.

• conibear0342
    10 posts

@orcbeard92 Agreed, it's also annoyed me that the have lowered Mjölnir's attack power, probably because it was stronger than weapons in the animus store such as Hag's Bite.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@conibear0342 I hear you. Both patches have broken more things than they've fixed. It's getting beyond a joke at this point lol.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

Going to keep bumping this idc.

These patches are unbelievable. How do you go back and break core content that was working fine?

Deleted my save and kind of wish I could refund this mess. Who gives a f about a damn Yule event when you can't even fix the obvious duplicate armor bug that literally breaks fully upgraded gear, and then break hair colour in the background and think nobody will notice?

I hope they didn't take some advice from some stupid Reddit thread.

• NightHawk29
    9 posts

Ya this is ridiculous, logged in first time after 1.1.0 and thought it changed to blonde and went to change it back to find out that was still red and depending on the hairstyle it looks pink. [censored] Ubisoft? Where the F*** is your QA here! Every [censored] patch adds more bugs and lowers performance and seems to be making things worse. Get your F***ING s**t together!

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

I've ticketed this issue and made a similar thread which got no real response from Ubi.

The ticket told me he has passed it on to the dev team but idk what will come of it. It's pretty demoralizing. The new hair looks terrible.

Red Hair and Hidden Blade Bugged | Ubisoft Forums

Here is a link to a thread I made with some screens for better illustration. It's annoying how few people have noticed this.

• Wraithclaw
    7 posts

I'm in agreement, the hair color change is hideous and needs to be reverted. I started the game up once again (to see if they had fixed some of the awful bugs I've reported that interfere with me even enjoying the game, which lulz they haven't) only to find they've also messed with my character. Uncool.

• Wraithclaw
    7 posts

@orcbeard92 Weird fanta orange hair, lmao... That's exactly it.

Jeez. Ubi, please revert what you did to the red hair texture, or lighting on it, just figure out whatever was done. It looks so much worse now, and an unwanted change.

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 Oh I completely missed you also made post about this issue 😋. Well I'm glad I'm not alone! At first I thought Eivor's hair changed to blond 😅. But yeah, it's hideous now 😪

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@kucerka8 I'm just glad someone else noticed this bugged hairstyle. If you can post a screenshot of how it looks in the barbershop on here, I will add it to my ticket, would be a big help!

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 Alright! When I have a chance I try to find some old photo I made amd compare it with the new color version. Dunno if I find some though, my photo sharing ingame is extremely buggy (it usually doesn't load up my previously taken pics "ubi error" pops up)

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    18 posts

@nighthawk29 Maybe calm your crap?...

• Kormac67
    626 posts

@kucerka8 I like the red hair as it is now. Red like natural red hair is. Before it was more kind of brownish.

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@kormac67 eh not really, I know many people who have naturally red/ginger hair the way it wad before

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 so there you (and others) go:
    First two pictures Eivor with his original red hair,
    Last two pictures is Eivor with his new redhair (after last patch). The lightning isn't the best in my photos, but ingame the difference is HUGE. I'd say it's some sort of a bug, cause now his hair color doesn't match his beard color (it's like blond hair and brown beards). Some may like this new version but I find it rather hideous so...maybe they should another color then? Before Eivor's redhair match Sigurd's one (almost), now his hair doesn't match anyone's in game 😁
    undefinedundefined

undefinedundefined

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@kucerka8 Many thanks friend!

100% agree, it doesn't look right/natural. I think there is some kind of texture bug going on with it, because it doesn't respond to the in-game lighting engine properly anymore. In shaded areas, it looks like it is practically glowing. They've messed up the mapping somehow.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

Bumping for some relevance after long period of quiet.

Wonder if any of the Ubi devs even realise they put this in the game, after the horrible Yule patch? Do they have a copy of the game when they add stuff lol?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics