Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NightHawk29
    9 posts

Ya this is ridiculous, logged in first time after 1.1.0 and thought it changed to blonde and went to change it back to find out that was still red and depending on the hairstyle it looks pink. [censored] Ubisoft? Where the F*** is your QA here! Every [censored] patch adds more bugs and lowers performance and seems to be making things worse. Get your F***ING s**t together!

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

I've ticketed this issue and made a similar thread which got no real response from Ubi.

The ticket told me he has passed it on to the dev team but idk what will come of it. It's pretty demoralizing. The new hair looks terrible.

Red Hair and Hidden Blade Bugged | Ubisoft Forums

Here is a link to a thread I made with some screens for better illustration. It's annoying how few people have noticed this.

• Wraithclaw
    7 posts

I'm in agreement, the hair color change is hideous and needs to be reverted. I started the game up once again (to see if they had fixed some of the awful bugs I've reported that interfere with me even enjoying the game, which lulz they haven't) only to find they've also messed with my character. Uncool.

• Wraithclaw
    7 posts

@orcbeard92 Weird fanta orange hair, lmao... That's exactly it.

Jeez. Ubi, please revert what you did to the red hair texture, or lighting on it, just figure out whatever was done. It looks so much worse now, and an unwanted change.

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 Oh I completely missed you also made post about this issue 😋. Well I'm glad I'm not alone! At first I thought Eivor's hair changed to blond 😅. But yeah, it's hideous now 😪

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@kucerka8 I'm just glad someone else noticed this bugged hairstyle. If you can post a screenshot of how it looks in the barbershop on here, I will add it to my ticket, would be a big help!

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 Alright! When I have a chance I try to find some old photo I made amd compare it with the new color version. Dunno if I find some though, my photo sharing ingame is extremely buggy (it usually doesn't load up my previously taken pics "ubi error" pops up)

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    18 posts

@nighthawk29 Maybe calm your crap?...

• Kormac67
    622 posts

@kucerka8 I like the red hair as it is now. Red like natural red hair is. Before it was more kind of brownish.

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@kormac67 eh not really, I know many people who have naturally red/ginger hair the way it wad before

• kucerka8
    Original poster 6 posts

@orcbeard92 so there you (and others) go:
    First two pictures Eivor with his original red hair,
    Last two pictures is Eivor with his new redhair (after last patch). The lightning isn't the best in my photos, but ingame the difference is HUGE. I'd say it's some sort of a bug, cause now his hair color doesn't match his beard color (it's like blond hair and brown beards). Some may like this new version but I find it rather hideous so...maybe they should another color then? Before Eivor's redhair match Sigurd's one (almost), now his hair doesn't match anyone's in game 😁
    undefinedundefined

undefinedundefined

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@kucerka8 Many thanks friend!

100% agree, it doesn't look right/natural. I think there is some kind of texture bug going on with it, because it doesn't respond to the in-game lighting engine properly anymore. In shaded areas, it looks like it is practically glowing. They've messed up the mapping somehow.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

Bumping for some relevance after long period of quiet.

Wonder if any of the Ubi devs even realise they put this in the game, after the horrible Yule patch? Do they have a copy of the game when they add stuff lol?

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

This issue has been a thing since at least December 15th as mentioned in this POST.

If it weren't for the fact that everyone else in the game with red hair looks great I'd assume the developers just sucked at making red hair. The fact that this is an actual bug and has been around for more than a month and hasn't been acknowledged by the team just pisses me off that much more.

undefined

undefined

This hair color sucks and is immersion breaking. Have you seen the hair side by side with some one with red hair? It's almost a joke with how bad it is in comparison.

undefined

If this is a known bug then why isn't it on the known bugs list? What's the point of a known bug list that doesn't list all of the known bugs?

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@the-foxhounded 100% agree! And thanks for linking my thread. I gave up trying to push this to people's attention because it seemed a problem that many did not seem to notice. A part of me began to think it was solely in my game but I'm glad I'm not alone.

I've kind of gotten used to it at this point and I'm almost worried that this is an intentional change, but it looks so much worse than it did at launch and compared to everyone else's red hair that there's no way this is possible.

Will be super glad if a mod can notice this thread. I've ticketed it around christmas and after a few weeks of correspondence I didn't really get much convincing feedback, despite sending many screens etc. to customer service.

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@orcbeard92 I honestly never knew it was an issue as by the time I picked up the game the hair had already started off in such a bad state. I went looking for other people angry about the color in general and came across your thread, so thank you for bringing the actual issue to my attention.

That being said, there is a single red hair style that looks like it was unaffected and that's the buzzcut. The issue when it comes to that style the hair was poorly made and you look like you have bald spots when you aren't within a few inches of Eivor's head. Even going with the 100% hair shaved your beard is only able to look blond with no way to change it so that's disappointing too.

• OrcBeard92
    141 posts

@the-foxhounded I'm surprised more people haven't noticed. I guess not many people like to play Eivor as an actual redhead, or don't care. Another bug is that fishing boats across all of England are mostly empty - when the game launched, these were all manned by people moving about the river. Was bugged after the very first patch, but another issue that not many people have noticed unfortunately. I've brought all of these up to devs/support staff but not much happening as a result.

You're right about the styles though. Idk how they managed to go back and break these. I guess they may have altered the hair mapping somehow because the beards in general seem slightly more transparent than they were at launch, I guess to make them appear more like actual hair? The result hasn't been great though, as some of the beards now look weird and like they're not fully connected to the face. Bit of a disaster.

• WarlordSpinal
    5 posts

Bumping this because it still isn't fixed with the new update. I absolutely adored playing Eivor as a redhead and the patch that introduced this horrid bug has completely ruined that for me. For the love of Odin, please just add this to the known issues list, Ubi.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@warlordspinal

this will never happen, its the least of the problems in valhalla

• WarlordSpinal
    5 posts

@asgardian02 That doesn't mean it shouldn't be resolved. Especially considering this is a "small problem" that was introduced with a game update post-launch. It should be of relatively little consequence to reverse whatever change was made *or* apply a new fix. The game has tons of small cosmetic issues like this that add up to be extremely annoying. Yes, there's still broken quests and other issues, but that doesn't invalidate the minutea of the game's visual issues.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics