Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@warlordspinal Agreed, it was a very strange change. A part of me has gotten used to the strange new brighter hair but in some lighting situations it just looks a bit out of place. The only reason I can think for the change was an attempt at making it more ginger than 'red', but it hasn't fully worked. The old hair was much nicer by and large.

I will hold out hope that it will eventually be fixed. I suggest ticketing support if you can and send them some screenshots. I did the same when it first happened and the correspondence with them went over for a month or so as I sent them various bug reports. I think at least that way it has a higher likelihood of being addressed - forum posts have a bad habit of being buried.

I think it's probably another issue with there being so many teams working on this game; perhaps communication is lacking, where one designer wants the hair a certain way, and doesn't tell anyone? lol.

• WarlordSpinal
    5 posts

@orcbeard92 Yeah that'd be pretty annoying if this were the case, though. Since the new color doesn't really behave properly under different lighting conditions. It just looks so much worse than the other colors, and totally feels bugged. I've resorted to using brown whenever I'm not doing blonde, for the time being.

• OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@warlordspinal Wondering if this will ever be addressed lol 🤕

I think we may be stuck with it unfortunately.

• OrcBeard92
    139 posts

Hoping this will someday be addressed and noticed.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 376 posts

Hey @OrcBeard92 my apologies for the overall lateness in replying to this thread. Thank you for sharing these images with us. We have been made aware of the hidden blade missing and look to have a fix within a later patch. As for the hair issues in the images also provided, could you confirm if this occurs in any hairstyle?

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash No worries, thanks for the reply.

It occurs on every style in the Red Hair colour. The beard and hair have both been changed from the darker red at launch, to a bright orange that doesn't behave properly under certain lighting conditions.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93932/when-will-the-red-hair-be-fixed?_=1619039530103

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/89724/eivor-s-redhair-color-changed/6?_=1619039530107

Here are other threads with similar problems. They have attached other screens with the effect on different styles. The beard is a darker colour in general while the hair on the head is way too bright. Note the difference in particular in the screen where it shows a redhead like Sigurd next to Eivor. The difference is night and day. At launch, Sigurd and Eivor were the same!

See below the effect on the default hair and long beard. A very bright orange, compared to the first screen of a dark red in dark lighting conditions, which was prior to the patch. Can confirm it's not a graphics driver issue or anything technical either. Solely an in-game issue where the colour has been changed or bugged.undefined

undefined

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 I appreciate you sharing the other thread with me! I merged the threads together and collected the screenshots everyone provided to give to the team to further review.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash Many thanks. Please keep us updated if you can! It's been an annoying problem for a long time, especially for someone with OCD lol.

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 Definitely! While I don't have any ETA or further news to share at this very moment, but I'll keep everyone posted on any updates here.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash I thought I would post some more screens to lend some more concrete images for the team to go on. Note the difference in tone colour between beard and hair, the awkward, almost wig-like appearance as a result. There is also a distinct clash of the darker 'stubble' texture on the base of the model underneath the hair as a result, creating a very unnatural look.

You'll also note how, in the new strange colour, there are notes of what looks likes the 'old' red that was there at launch, mixed with the new buggy colour, creating an almost pink tone. The whole thing just looks broken on all of the styles, but on the 'savage' one in particular.undefined

undefinedundefined

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 Much appreciated! I believe our team was given enough from you all to look into this further, but I have shared these new images for their investigation. We will make sure to update you all here once we have any further updates to provide.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash I noticed the dev team recently tweeted an Orlog article which had a picture of Eivor with red hair in it. AKA the weird unnatural orange colour we now have, rather than the red it was at launch. Meaning that either this is an intentional change, or they haven't noticed it themselves. Can you help confirm this my friend?

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/61EUBt6yAJ0Tg9bSKUKyiU/assassins-creed-valhalla-an-oral-orlog-history

I'm sure you can agree it looks strange.

A suggestion to the team would be to add the old hair colour as a separate option in the barber, if they really want the new one as well. Even more customisation.

• ubi-smash

Hey @orcbeard92, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I checked into this and can confirm that the team is still looking into this at this time. Right now, I don't have any further updates to share, but please keep a lookout for our public channels, as well as our news and announcements page in the meantime. Also, I will share this suggestion with the team for consideration too! Thanks for bearing with us! 🙂

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash Thanks for your help.

One more thing I've noticed is that the new Ireland hairstyle/beard seem to behave closer in colour to the original red. Which means somehow the colour of the vanilla hairstyles has been more obviously bugged somehow. The difference between the DLC styles is almost completely different. Much noticeably redder and is the same colour as the Irish NPC's. I've added some more screens to add to the case. The Ireland ones are basically ginger, as they should be. The vanilla styles are orange. Note how the eyebrows are a different colour too.

There's just a lot of weird stuff going on with the red hair colour lol.

undefined

undefined

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 Thanks for sharing these images. That is a very noticeable difference. I have also shared this with the team to further review the DLC styles too.

Official Response
  • ubi-smash

@OrcBeard92 Update: This style has been shared with the team and they are already looking into it now, but thank you for tagging me to this one to check over too! 🙂

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@ubi-smash Any news on this my friend? Maybe we will see it added to the list for the next patch?

• ubi-smash

Hey @OrcBeard92, thanks for checking in! I can see that this is still with the team to further review, however, I don't have any further information to share at this time. Once I hear any feedback from this or if there is any information needed, I will be updating this thread to let you all know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics