Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

This issue has been a thing since at least December 15th as mentioned in this POST.

If it weren't for the fact that everyone else in the game with red hair looks great I'd assume the developers just sucked at making red hair. The fact that this is an actual bug and has been around for more than a month and hasn't been acknowledged by the team just pisses me off that much more.

undefined

undefined

This hair color sucks and is immersion breaking. Have you seen the hair side by side with some one with red hair? It's almost a joke with how bad it is in comparison.

undefined

If this is a known bug then why isn't it on the known bugs list? What's the point of a known bug list that doesn't list all of the known bugs?

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@the-foxhounded 100% agree! And thanks for linking my thread. I gave up trying to push this to people's attention because it seemed a problem that many did not seem to notice. A part of me began to think it was solely in my game but I'm glad I'm not alone.

I've kind of gotten used to it at this point and I'm almost worried that this is an intentional change, but it looks so much worse than it did at launch and compared to everyone else's red hair that there's no way this is possible.

Will be super glad if a mod can notice this thread. I've ticketed it around christmas and after a few weeks of correspondence I didn't really get much convincing feedback, despite sending many screens etc. to customer service.

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@orcbeard92 I honestly never knew it was an issue as by the time I picked up the game the hair had already started off in such a bad state. I went looking for other people angry about the color in general and came across your thread, so thank you for bringing the actual issue to my attention.

That being said, there is a single red hair style that looks like it was unaffected and that's the buzzcut. The issue when it comes to that style the hair was poorly made and you look like you have bald spots when you aren't within a few inches of Eivor's head. Even going with the 100% hair shaved your beard is only able to look blond with no way to change it so that's disappointing too.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@the-foxhounded I'm surprised more people haven't noticed. I guess not many people like to play Eivor as an actual redhead, or don't care. Another bug is that fishing boats across all of England are mostly empty - when the game launched, these were all manned by people moving about the river. Was bugged after the very first patch, but another issue that not many people have noticed unfortunately. I've brought all of these up to devs/support staff but not much happening as a result.

You're right about the styles though. Idk how they managed to go back and break these. I guess they may have altered the hair mapping somehow because the beards in general seem slightly more transparent than they were at launch, I guess to make them appear more like actual hair? The result hasn't been great though, as some of the beards now look weird and like they're not fully connected to the face. Bit of a disaster.

• WarlordSpinal
    6 posts

Bumping this because it still isn't fixed with the new update. I absolutely adored playing Eivor as a redhead and the patch that introduced this horrid bug has completely ruined that for me. For the love of Odin, please just add this to the known issues list, Ubi.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@warlordspinal

this will never happen, its the least of the problems in valhalla

• WarlordSpinal
    6 posts

@asgardian02 That doesn't mean it shouldn't be resolved. Especially considering this is a "small problem" that was introduced with a game update post-launch. It should be of relatively little consequence to reverse whatever change was made *or* apply a new fix. The game has tons of small cosmetic issues like this that add up to be extremely annoying. Yes, there's still broken quests and other issues, but that doesn't invalidate the minutea of the game's visual issues.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@warlordspinal

well i wish you good luck, i un-installed the game and moved on.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@warlordspinal Agreed, it was a very strange change. A part of me has gotten used to the strange new brighter hair but in some lighting situations it just looks a bit out of place. The only reason I can think for the change was an attempt at making it more ginger than 'red', but it hasn't fully worked. The old hair was much nicer by and large.

I will hold out hope that it will eventually be fixed. I suggest ticketing support if you can and send them some screenshots. I did the same when it first happened and the correspondence with them went over for a month or so as I sent them various bug reports. I think at least that way it has a higher likelihood of being addressed - forum posts have a bad habit of being buried.

I think it's probably another issue with there being so many teams working on this game; perhaps communication is lacking, where one designer wants the hair a certain way, and doesn't tell anyone? lol.

• WarlordSpinal
    6 posts

@orcbeard92 Yeah that'd be pretty annoying if this were the case, though. Since the new color doesn't really behave properly under different lighting conditions. It just looks so much worse than the other colors, and totally feels bugged. I've resorted to using brown whenever I'm not doing blonde, for the time being.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@warlordspinal Wondering if this will ever be addressed lol 🤕

I think we may be stuck with it unfortunately.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

Hoping this will someday be addressed and noticed.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hey @OrcBeard92 my apologies for the overall lateness in replying to this thread. Thank you for sharing these images with us. We have been made aware of the hidden blade missing and look to have a fix within a later patch. As for the hair issues in the images also provided, could you confirm if this occurs in any hairstyle?

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@ubi-smash No worries, thanks for the reply.

It occurs on every style in the Red Hair colour. The beard and hair have both been changed from the darker red at launch, to a bright orange that doesn't behave properly under certain lighting conditions.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93932/when-will-the-red-hair-be-fixed?_=1619039530103

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/89724/eivor-s-redhair-color-changed/6?_=1619039530107

Here are other threads with similar problems. They have attached other screens with the effect on different styles. The beard is a darker colour in general while the hair on the head is way too bright. Note the difference in particular in the screen where it shows a redhead like Sigurd next to Eivor. The difference is night and day. At launch, Sigurd and Eivor were the same!

See below the effect on the default hair and long beard. A very bright orange, compared to the first screen of a dark red in dark lighting conditions, which was prior to the patch. Can confirm it's not a graphics driver issue or anything technical either. Solely an in-game issue where the colour has been changed or bugged.undefined

undefined

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 I appreciate you sharing the other thread with me! I merged the threads together and collected the screenshots everyone provided to give to the team to further review.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@ubi-smash Many thanks. Please keep us updated if you can! It's been an annoying problem for a long time, especially for someone with OCD lol.

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 Definitely! While I don't have any ETA or further news to share at this very moment, but I'll keep everyone posted on any updates here.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@ubi-smash I thought I would post some more screens to lend some more concrete images for the team to go on. Note the difference in tone colour between beard and hair, the awkward, almost wig-like appearance as a result. There is also a distinct clash of the darker 'stubble' texture on the base of the model underneath the hair as a result, creating a very unnatural look.

You'll also note how, in the new strange colour, there are notes of what looks likes the 'old' red that was there at launch, mixed with the new buggy colour, creating an almost pink tone. The whole thing just looks broken on all of the styles, but on the 'savage' one in particular.undefined

undefinedundefined

• ubi-smash

@orcbeard92 Much appreciated! I believe our team was given enough from you all to look into this further, but I have shared these new images for their investigation. We will make sure to update you all here once we have any further updates to provide.

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@ubi-smash I noticed the dev team recently tweeted an Orlog article which had a picture of Eivor with red hair in it. AKA the weird unnatural orange colour we now have, rather than the red it was at launch. Meaning that either this is an intentional change, or they haven't noticed it themselves. Can you help confirm this my friend?

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/61EUBt6yAJ0Tg9bSKUKyiU/assassins-creed-valhalla-an-oral-orlog-history

I'm sure you can agree it looks strange.

A suggestion to the team would be to add the old hair colour as a separate option in the barber, if they really want the new one as well. Even more customisation.

Suggested Topics