Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

The game in unplayable . Randomly closed to desktop without any warning. My spec is i7 8700K and RTX 3080 16 gb ddr4 3200Mhz
    i tried this and nothing helps:

• checking game files
    • newest nvidia drivers
    • windows 10 is updated to the newest
    • internet connection 1 Gbps
    • sync time in windows
    • gpu and cpu about 50 and 60 degrees C - its fine
    • only this game is constantly crashing on my pc other games working well
    • manage paging file size wont work

Anyone know why this damn game is automatically closing withour error ?
    Any patches coming to fix this thing ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

@michalinos1390

Hi there.

We are investigating reports of crashing at the moment since the latest update. Can I ask you first of all to confirm that you have attempted every step suggested here please? If you have and the issues persist we'd like to take a look over your system files, these will need to be submitted to us on a support case.

You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you. Thanks!

Official Response
  • YazX_
    174 posts

this is nvidia driver issue, its called TDR, if you check event viewer you will see driver crash, have been posted on geforce forums by alot of people including myself and nvidia is investigating the issue.

• AnnatarRCJ
    1 posts

I'm going to bump this thread as well. I only bought this game today, and as an AMD user, both CPU and GPU (Ryzen 7 3700x & RX 5700 XT respectively), I easily meet the system requirements to run the game. Benchmarked at avg 74 frames on max settings, and the GPU at highest gets to 70 degrees Celcius (so no problem component-wise). All my drivers are up-to-date and have tried verifying files, yet every 25-40 mins (roughly) the game crashes back to the desktop. Usually, when a game crashes, a pop-up usually comes up to state the game has crashed and gives you the option to see the logs or send a crash log file to find the problem. But I do not get any notification, and it is as if I forced quit/closed the game back to the desktop, but it randomly does so whilst mid-game. It's strange because throughout playing, there is no frame drops, no jitters, nothing to suggest that my system is having difficulty running the game. I originally thought it was just me, but after a quick search on google and the forums, it seems that this problem is far from uncommon, even for those with far beefier rigs than my own.

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@yazx_

yea
    Every time the game was closed to desktop event viewer in windows show me that " Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and was recovered" .

Any one know fix for this ?
    Game is unplayable in this state

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@michalinos1390
    ok and after reinstalling a game . Playing for 10 minutes and got error. This time Uplay launcher detect something and send that error . The game was closed to desktop of course. This time event viewer was fine without any errors.

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

I've had a few crashes in the last 2 days, each time it was a Ubisoft Connect error and i clicked send report, i didn't update from 1.02 to 1.04 and played offline until 1.10 patch, the game didn't crash once, mine must be something related to online with connect, when i restart the game plays fine for a few hours, then a random crash.

• YazX_
    174 posts

@michalinos1390 the only workaround for now is to downclock your gpu by 30-50 Mhz, this will not eliminate TDRs, but it will be less frequent, unfortunately we need to wait for nvidia to release a fix.

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@yazx_ I downgraded the graphic core by 100Mhz and it doesnt change anything at all ( from 1980 to 1875MHz). still got message Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and was recovered".
    i'll try the 457.30 drivers and check how it works .

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@michalinos1390 The issue this error relates to is very complex and difficult to fix as it can have different causes. W would advise trying a clean install of the GPU driver. If this does not fix the issue please contact the manufacturer of your GPU directly as they are better suited to provide support for this particular error.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • YazX_
    174 posts

@michalinos1390 i'm on 1080 Ti, i noticed it happens more frequently when the GPU clock boosts above 1850 Mhz, below 1850 Mhz it happens every 1-2 hours, above it, i will happen in the first 10 mins, while this is not an indication, but this is at least my observations, something is wrong with GPU boost that crashes the driver, first set of 3000 drivers had a problem with boosting too high, then nvidia released a fixed driver which screwed GPU boost and lead to these TDRs.

i had my GPU OCed to 2 GHz, after installing 3000 series drivers, i cannot OC anymore or a sudden crash in games, so i set it to default for now, my GPU now boosts around 1870 Mhz and TDRs still happening but less frequent, i could play for 1-3 hours without any TDRs now.

Some other people with 3000 series cards downclocked their GPUs and had less frequent TDRs, that is the only thing that helped for now.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@yazx_ Thank you for providing this information, hopefully this will help others facing the same issue or similar.

Official Response
  • Cheetah25
    3 posts

Please don't move this problem to the GPU manufacturer.

Fact is: I was able to play Valhalla for like 50 hours without crash before 1.0.4 came out. With 1.0.4 it started crashing once every 1-2 hours, with 1.1.0 it crashes every 15-30 minutes ... and all with the same nvidia driver 45x.x. I only updated drivers as the problem became annoying, but it did not fix anything. So please do not blame nvidia or amd for this ... please fix your game we payed a lot of money for.

I am using a RTX 2080 Super from MSI.

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@cheetah25 Its true.
    I dawnclocked the graphic card from 1980 MHz to 1800 Mhz and tried many different driver versions from 457.30 to 460.89 and nothing help . The game crashed still randomly with nvlddmkm not responding.
    Sometimes the game crashed without any error - Just close to desktop and thats all.
    I tried play in offline mode tried sync time in windows, reinstalling uplay/game/windows updating everything and nothing helps.

If this is a game problem the game need patch. If its a nvidia driver problem ubisoft should tell nvidia about it and cooperate to fix this problem.
    Its not a cheap game and now is unplayable because of constant crashing. I dont care its game / nvidia / or denuvo problem . We buy the game and we should play without visiting a forum. Now its impossible.

• Cheetah25
    3 posts

@michalinos1390
    and still ... it can't be a solution, that the customer has to downclock its hardware ... you can't expect people to make this extreme changes to their hardware just to make ubisofts faulty software work.
    Any other game, even from ubisoft, works flawlessly with the newest nvidia driver and my GPU ... except AC Valhalla ... it is ubisoft software related and I expect them to fix it.

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@cheetah25
    1.changing ubisoft launcher to offline mode helps a lot . Errors are less frequent but still exists. Twice less
    2.The game have big problem with minimize it (alt+tab) when i play the game a try to look at discord or anything in windows it crashes moore often.

Someone should add this problem to next upcoming patch wishes.

BTW my friend finish the game with gtx 1080 and had many critical crashes only with AC Valhalla (crashes that force PC to shuddown and start again ).

This game really need a lot of fixes. I dont care who is guilty nvidia or ubisoft. I expect a patch that solve our problem or new driver.

i'm angry because no one from ubisoft answer here. It looks like they dont care and players should fix this for themselfs .... funny

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-orion we are all waiting to solve this / plz add the problem to fix wish list into next patch.

"this is nvidia driver issue, its called TDR, if you check event viewer you will see driver crash"
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and was recovered"

• michalinos1390
    Original poster 14 posts

Playing offline help me a lot after 15 hours no crash. It looks like is a denuvo problem or something releated to online features.

I think offline mode will not solve the problem for 100% but its something.

Btw when playing offline i got 3 moore skills in the tree. Wyen i switch to onlone the 3 nodes are dissapeared. Strange

Suggested Topics