Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mrJayFrancis
    Original poster 2 posts

Given the ongoing drama with Projekt Red/Cyberpunk, I feel the same kind of criticism should be directed towards Ubisoft. I got Valhalla for free with my CPU purchase in September, and was looking forward to playing it on my awesome new PC. It's a great game--- when it works.
    From the beginning I had issues with freezing/stutters etc, which was hard to pinpoint the reason. I made some changes and the game intermittently worked fine. I have about 27 hours on it, a couple of those hours have to be me fiddling with settings to try and figure it out. I was under the impression that their recent patch helped, but alas--- the issues returned. I've read countless threads about people experiencing the same issues on PC, and even on consoles (many of them joking/referencing how this is Ubisoft's M.O. and their PC ports are known to be poorly-made). I usually enjoy troubleshooting and fixing things, but this game legitimately wore me out.
    At this point it seems the issue was actually caused by my controller. I have NEVER seen a controller make a game behave as if the PC is struggling to keep up. Frame drops, audio cutting in and out, and more. Mind you, I purchased a rechargeable battery kit with this game in mind, and have no similar issues with other demanding games (even RDR2!). My final attempt at researching this showed that others had the same issue, and how not playing via bluetooth and/or disabling the controller "hybrid mode" and using "controller only" is supposed to fix it. It seems like it does, but so did all the other things I tried. It sucks, because when the game runs smoothly (whenever it feels like it), it's truly a really cool game. Even though I paid nothing in cash for this game, the stress and time I spent trying to fix a sloppy game has feeling like they owe me money. I played a good amount of Far Cry but I'm new to this franchise and was excited to catch up with the recent AC games, especially because they are so cheap, but--- yeah no. It seems like all of the people criticizing/making fun of Ubisoft are right.
    I can't imagine how people feel who pre-ordered and spent money they were unable to get back. I'm sure many of you have pleasant experiences or are willing to deal with the issues more than I am, but I think it's pretty clear to many that Ubisoft has a lot of work to do. Was excited for the new Far Cry, as well, but they're going to have to do more to earn my business.
    Anyway, thanks for reading! I'm sure I'm not alone in these sentiments.
    For those of you wondering, here are my specs (on a fresh install of Windows btw):
    Gigabyte B450 WiFi Pro ITX Mobo
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6 Ghz
    16GB Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3200
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super KO 8GB
    1 TB m.2/1 TB SSD
    Seasonic Focus GX-850 PSU
    MetallicGear Neo Mini V2 Series Mini-ITX Case
    Asus TUF 27" 1440p Curved Monitor
    Three Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 RGB fans

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ADarklore
    123 posts

@mrjayfrancis I hope you realize that almost every game has some bugs and glitches when they first come out... if you don't want to deal with bugs and glitches, wait a few months before playing it. That's just the reality of gaming, especially with games that are released at a frantic pace like the AC franchise. Typically I wait six months to a year before playing a game, just to give them time to work out all the bugs and glitches... but personally, playing on PS4, I have about 40 hours into the game and have yet to experience any 'game breaking' bugs... and when you look at the reviews, it doesn't seem like the majority are experiencing any major problems either. Either that, or they accept that a new game, barely a month old, will have its fair share of issues to be worked out over time.

• mrJayFrancis
    Original poster 2 posts

@adarklore I'm aware of bugs. This game came out over a month ago, they already issued a patch which didn't do much (for my issues) and like I said..... it was brought to my attention that AC games on PC are poorly designed. I already know I'm not alone. My perspective is that this game was not ready to be released, at least on PC. Personally, I don't think games should be sold if they are in this state. Normalizing this kind of experience is not good. It goes way past just "a few little bugs." There used to be a time where games were playable out of the box. But yeah, I'm pretty sure people are paying to play a game, not spend most of their time trying to get it work.

But hey, if people wanna work for free and play game developer simulator, I'm not stopping you.

• ADarklore
    123 posts

@mrjayfrancis The problem is, MANY of these bugs are not found with internal testing, it's only when they're exposed to thousands of different machines and play styles that these things are found. We're talking about a game with millions of miles of code that different parts of the game are created by different teams who then patch the game together. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

I built my computer when Witcher 3 was released. The 2 things I upgraded since then: the video card, and Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the free Microsoft upgrade. No issues.

• Teinzus
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics