Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kormac67
    Original poster 653 posts

Went to Reda and signed up for both daily contracts without looking or listening to his trash talk, like every day.
    Checked the map, another wolf quest behind the settlement.
    Selected quest on map went, killed wolf, got 5 opals.
    Looked in quest log for second contact - no second contract.
    Checked back at Reda, no more contract available.
    Restarted game, same.

So I lost 5 opals. Anyone else had this?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• m1au
    52 posts

Yep, the same for me.
    If I restart the game, the missing quest is there to pick up, it even says something like quest log actualised but if I go to the quest tab, there are only the 3 from Yule Festival

• fesust
    4 posts

Yes, same quest, same happened.

• Kormac67

When I started the game later today, the quest was suddenly there (in Winchester of all places, definitely not where it could spawn from Reda).
    It came up on loading and I tracked it right away and it worked.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 255 posts

@kormac67

Hey there. Glad it's sorted out for you. Has this happened again since or was it just this one occasion?

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    93 posts

@ubi-orion

It happens all the time and has happened since day one.
    The missing daily contract can sometimes reappear in the quest log by saving and reloading.

• Kormac67

@ubi-orion Today it went like this:

• accepted both contracts
    • checked quest log - were there
    • selected one contract
    • checked quest log - the other contract was gone
    • did the one contract I still had
    • fast traveled to town
    • checked quest log - second contract had returned and worked

Looks like something is bugged here, possibly related to Yule event, that's when it started.

• azullFR
    1033 posts

@kormac67
    I had the same too, exactely december 19 (I noticed it in my Valhalla bugs spreadsheet ...)
    I could somehow resolve it with loading a 230 hours sooner save !!!
    just to have the 5 opals 🙂

• Kormac67

@azullfr I have switched to take one contract from Reda, do it, take second contract. No problems since.

• azullFR
    1033 posts

@kormac67
    Thanks, but I think it was the case :
    I had 1 of 2 contracts, I did it : no problem
    I went back to REDA to take the 2nd one, I took it, 1 second after it disappeared
    Solved with a very older save.
    This bug hasn't show up since (from?) this moment 🙂
    I think this bug was due to UBI servers problem, because it seem's to have happened only the Decembre 19

As you say, I'm following your advice : 1 contract at a time (good advice)

PS4 pro (fully up-to-date)

• Drummerboy00235
    1 posts

Been almost a daily occurrence, getting the opals is the point, this continues to be a frustrating endeavor if you can't earn them. Please fix!

• LA_Frankie
    77 posts

@ubi-orion It is still happening and has been for the past 6 weeks. Please see my thread here for details.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92763/reda-thousand-eyes-only-giving-1-daily-contract-1-1-1

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics