Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • boo-yah1907
    140 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for your response! The fact remains that it is far from obvious that seasonal content is unavailable at specific points in the story, although I figured it out eventually.

As to the general issue: I never played offline (and only on PC), at least as far as I am aware, although I have frequently received an error message that my connection to the Ubisoft servers was lost when viewing the map (apparently because of problems loading the photos). The first few days after the 1.1.0-update I had many problems with the Yule Festival ending prematurely, but at some point this bug stopped pestering me. For more than a week now, I have not had any problems with the Festival.

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@ubi-woofer turns out i already did share info on that, but to elaborate, had it, played it, got every item from the store, local connection problems made me to play offline for a few days, connection problem was dealt with, came back online and the yule festival mods to ravensthorpe was gone. just as before the festival was online, the support elements are there to the east of the sattlement(you can hear people and the yule building is there)...

• Qroqo
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I played offline a few days ago, and then it disappeared but didn't think anything of it. Now, after I made a lot more progress to the game, I can't reload a previous save without losing those hours of progress. Is there any way to fix this before the event ends?

tldr: Can't load save file, is there fix for Yule festival?

• Ryusennin
    62 posts

There is no fix, the "event" has pretty much been abandoned.

Maybe the rewards will be automatically unlocked to everyone, but I somehow doubt it.

• june_dubz
    2 posts

I’m going to call it what it is, straight BS! A offline save shouldn’t affect once I get back online. All the features should be available no matter what especially if I’m online. I only played the Yule festival once and was ready to put time in to it, I enjoyed it! Yes I really wanted the gear but I was really enjoying the festivities and decorations such a nice touch to the village and game. All that to be lost because of a offline save sounds ridiculous. I think Ubisoft should do right by us and gift is the Yule gear and any extras from it. It’s bad enough they continue with their in game currency after already spending over $100 on a game

• june_dubz
    2 posts

I’m going to call it what it is, straight BS! A offline save shouldn’t affect once I get back online. All the features should be available no matter what especially if I’m online. I only played the Yule festival once and was ready to put time in to it, I enjoyed it! Yes I really wanted the gear but I was really enjoying the festivities and decorations such a nice touch to the village and game. All that to be lost because of a offline save sounds ridiculous. I think Ubisoft should do right by us and gift is the Yule gear and any extras from it. It’s bad enough they continue with their in game currency after already spending over $100 on a game.

• sonecaboss
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm playing with Geforce Now. I've noticed the game loses connection to the Ubisoft servers if I play for more than an hour. I wouldn't consider that playing offline. I installed the game on my laptop and it doesn't work either. I'm not losing hours of progress in the game loading old save files. The event ends tomorrow and I'm so disappointed. I was expecting a fix before the end.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1446 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update to this post. As the Yule Festival is now over, you will be unable to access any of the events or additional content related to this in-game. I apologise for any inconvenience that was caused by these issues, and hope that you will be able to enjoy future events that are planned for the game.

If the seasonal content from the Yule Festival is to be made available to players at a later date, this will be shared on our official platforms and via notifications in-game, so please do keep an eye out.

We will be keeping this thread open in the meantime, so please feel free to continuing adding your thoughts and feedback to this thread. We do politely request that you remain on-topic, and adhere to the forum rules when doing so. Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    62 posts

"20D LATER"

Glorious. See you next winter then... providing the server bugs have been identified and fixed!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics