Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kilian_Brons
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,
    2 day ago I downloaded the 1.1.0 update on my PC with the new Yule Festival after playing that day I closed my game and when I start it up yesterday I get a big message on my screen with: The Yule Festival event is ended.

Now my settlement is normal again without snow, missions and mini games.
    How can I fix this because the event I could play for at least 2 more weeks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update to this post. As the Yule Festival is now over, you will be unable to access any of the events or additional content related to this in-game. I apologise for any inconvenience that was caused by these issues, and hope that you will be able to enjoy future events that are planned for the game.

If the seasonal content from the Yule Festival is to be made available to players at a later date, this will be shared on our official platforms and via notifications in-game, so please do keep an eye out.

We will now be locking this thread as the Festival has finished. If you encounter any trouble with any future events, please don't hesitate to start a new thread 😊

Official Response
  • s10cameo
    7 posts

I logged into my game for the second time after the Yule Festival started I received a message saying the Yule Festival has ended and it just vanished from my settlement. I restarted the game it now its still gone...

• Swordspin
    2 posts

@s10cameo Same happened to me. Would love to know how to fix this.

• s10cameo
    7 posts

I had to reload a game save from the previous day. That restarted the festival but of course I lost some progress.

• elvicent
    1 posts

@s10cameo Same happen to me!

• rixcoast
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GokuLePaysan
    4 posts

Same thing for me Yule festival is gone 🙂

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello!

Sorry to read the festival strangely disappeared for you, that is unusual.

I'd appreciate it if you could try the following ideas, to see what happens -

• Fast travel away, then come back
    • Leave the animus, then come back
    • Meditate
    • Try an older save (just as a troubleshooting step)

This is to help me understand if it's a save file issue, or if perhaps a small workaround can get it working again.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • s10cameo
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • s10cameo
    7 posts

@ubi-raziel I tried fast traveling and exiting the game they did not work. I went back to a save from the previous day that was before the festival started and so far that has worked for me. When the festival ended it displayed a full screen message saying the festival has ended before it disappeared from my settlement.

• GokuLePaysan
    4 posts

@ubi-raziel Loading an older save seems to work for me but i can't afford to lose 35h of gameplay

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 794 posts

Thank you both for the update. To confirm, the other solutions Ubi-Raziel mentioned, trying an older save was the only way to access the Yule Festival again? To also confirm, have you both restarted the game or reload your most recent save file and preforming a save action to reactivate the event? To gather more information, please let me know what platform(s) you are playing on and if you which between consoles or PC with your save progression.

Official Response
  • s10cameo
    7 posts

@ubi-smash Yes after going back to the older save it restarted the Yule Festival and I have since saved and restarted the game many times and so far the festival is still active. I am on PS4 and using only the one console.

• XpenD_AkseL
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GokuLePaysan
    4 posts

@ubi-smash  After going back to the older save it restarted the Yule Festival and I have saved and restarted the game few times and the festival is still active on the older save but it's still gone on my main save. I'm on PC.

• esecharlesmayne
    1 posts

The yule festival completely disappeared while in game for me. No kidding i turned around to head up a hill and poof all the snow and the festival packed up and left.

• Vickers616
    5 posts

So I just had a message on screen like the mission complete message telling me the yule festival has ended and restarting the game and console doesn't fix this.

• Swordspin
    2 posts

Playing on PC. Tried all the methods suggested(fast travel, leaving animus, meditating), none worked. Only reloading an old save worked. But this even is not worth all the progress I made since the last save before the event.

• Vickers616
    5 posts

@esecharlesmayne doubt we'll get a fix mate you're the only other person I've seen with this issue.

• Kormac67
    653 posts

@kilian_brons Do you have the correct date set on your PC?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics