Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • longjohn119
    419 posts
    @netspook Thats why I said, credible, because that was a mutual choice. Between Sony and them. They agreed to it and put a statement for a refund before Sony made the anouncment. Even offer for a refund is on Xbox too, this was all generated from the company. In my onion, I own Valhalla and Cyberpunk. I put them as equally bad on performance. It just shows the difference between the 2 developers.

Mutual choice my butt ..... CDPR told people that Sony would refund them but forgot to tell Sony that ..... Sony punished them by removing the game completely from their store with no date when it will return or even if it will return .... CDPR's stocked dropped another 10% within minutes ..... The only Investors making money off of CDPR stock are the Hedge Funds who shorted it ..... Marcin Iwiński & Michał Kiciński better start getting their resumes updated because they will be given the boot early next year as investors revolt

• JMetch
    59 posts

@longjohn119 So the point is, CD PROJEKT RED offered refunds. Ubisoft is not. For a game that equally broken, that is all I'm making. I could care less about Sony punishing them for offering refunds. Again, that shows that CD PROJEKT RED, actually cares about the product they release.

• longjohn119
    419 posts

@jmetch

If the Management of CDPR actually gave a monkey's behind they would have delayed the release on consoles ..... It is completely and utterly broken and unplayable on the PS4 and Xbox One and they lied to console games just 2 weeks before release that it ran remarkably well on consoles .... They lied to you .... They intentionally deceived you in a way I've never seen from a publisher ..... Not even EA has stooped as low as to tell a bald faced lie like that

They are no different than the average Swamp Creature Politician that knows they can lie and BS and their Cult will still forgive and praise them ..... Don't be a Simp for CDPR

• JMetch
    59 posts

@longjohn119 Ubisoft did the dame thing, cause Valhalla has more bugs and issues, for me on Xbox. SO they are both guilty. However, Cyberpunk offers a refund for the mess up. Valhalla you cant. Case in point.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

Customers have a right to complain if any product doesn't work as sold, i'm not a young gamer either, and i can't remember hardly any games with as many bugs as Valhalla and Cyberpunk in the past, Fallout 76 obviously started a trend!, triple a games maybe had a few and 1 or 2 patches fixed them,Skyrim doesn't count as Bethesda knew full well the modders would fix it, which they always did until the online only F76

• DreadGrrl
    157 posts

@snakeeater49910
    As far as some of us are concerned, you’re a part of the younger generation of gamers. 😉

If you’ve been gaming for 25 years, my eldest son could be just a year or so younger than you. He loves Valhalla. I think his standards are too low.

• DreadGrrl
    157 posts

@jmetch
    I own Valhalla, but not Cyberpunk. I don’t actually have any hardware capable of running Cyberpunk properly (despite the fact that Cyberpunk was originally being developed for the generation of console that I have). It’s a good thing I cancelled my preorder for it months ago.

Valhalla is disappointing. It runs okay for me. It’s just boring, Cyberpunk goes way beyond disappointing for me. It’s shockingly bad. I had more faith and respect for CDPR than I’ve ever had for any other developer. That’s gone.

One has to wonder what’s wrong with the gaming world when Bungie moves into my top developer spot.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@dreadgrrl Don't worry, Bungie will let you down too.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@larrykop1967 I'm sorry but if you can't remember any games with as many bugs as Valhalla then you haven't been gaming long. Every major title I have bought since the release of the XB1 has had launch day issues. And, Valhalla seems to be a hit and miss with bug issues; I have had very few issues with the game. Unfortunately, those who have a bad experience are the ones that cry the loudest and those without many issues are less likely to even say anything. I will add that I have two different XB1s playing Valhalla and neither of us have experienced even close to the many problems people are complaining about.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@jcar4327

i'm playing the game now and there is a load of bugs and no i haven't played a game with as many bugs and i've been gaming since 1991 on PC since 1995, sorry but your arrogant and wrong, i don't care whether you agree or not. and that includes Cyberpunk

• Netspook
    261 posts
    I'm sorry but if you can't remember any games with as many bugs as Valhalla then you haven't been gaming long. Every major title I have bought since the release of the XB1 has had launch day issues. And, Valhalla seems to be a hit and miss with bug issues; I have had very few issues with the game. Unfortunately, those who have a bad experience are the ones that cry the loudest and those without many issues are less likely to even say anything. I will add that I have two different XB1s playing Valhalla and neither of us have experienced even close to the many problems people are complaining about.

@JCar4327
    This is rubbish in sooo many ways.

First, I've been playing games for almost 40 years. I've NEVER experienced ANY game that is nowhere near the amount of bugs which Valhalla has.

Valhalla doesn't just have "launch day issues". We've gotten 2 patches after launch that didn't do much at all.

Those who "cry" are MANY, and for obvious reasons. This game has LOTS of GAMEBREAKING bugs. Of course we "cry" when we pay for a product that doesn't work.

"Because I don't have problems, there are no problems". Really? REALLY???

Larrykop is right, you're arrogant and wrong. And quite a lot more that I'm not allowed to say here.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@netspook
    I’ve been gaming about 40 years. I can remember lots of games that I personally played which I encountered more bugs during launch and after initial patches. Doesn’t mean this game doesn’t have them, just individual experience. I’ve encountered zero game breaking bugs and only 1 glitch which I laughed at. I find the game ok overall, some good and some bad aspects. One of your other posts says you’ve quit so enjoy your other games.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@netspook Well I've been gaming for roughly 40 years myself and I can remember many games that have had bugs worse than Valhalla that took months for the developers to fix.

I also stated that bug issues appear to be a hit and miss situation, never stated there was not an issue with bugs.

"If my games broken then everyone else's game must be broken." is the mentality that you have. Not everyone is experiencing the same level of game breaking issues that you claim to be experiencing. Thus, the comment that those who have a bad experience tend to cry the loudest. Not arrogance, just fact.

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @netspook Well I've been gaming for roughly 40 years myself and I can remember many games that have had bugs worse than Valhalla that took months for the developers to fix.

I also stated that bug issues appear to be a hit and miss situation, never stated there was not an issue with bugs.

"If my games broken then everyone else's game must be broken." is the mentality that you have. Not everyone is experiencing the same level of game breaking issues that you claim to be experiencing. Thus, the comment that those who have a bad experience tend to cry the loudest. Not arrogance, just fact.

I have NEVER EVER said the game is broken for everyone else. You, on the other hand, is on a crusade which goal is to INSIST Valhalla is nowhere near a buggy state, and claim there are many games that was worse, but unsurprisingly fails to mention any. You should easily be able to produce a long list if there really are "many" that were "worse", but since it's not true, we won't see that. Personally I can only think of 3 real buggy somewhat recent releases: Fallout 76, Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda - of these, only F76 had a few that was gamebreaking.

And if you really need proof that there are LOTS of gamebreaking bugs in this game, check the support section. Save files gone (I had this), cannot interact with stuff meaning full stop in progression, quests won't advance no matter what, etc, etc, etc.

You insist we who complain "cry the loudest". Of course we are loud. Personally I spent over €100 on a product that DOESN'T WORK. What the heck did you expect us to do???

Yes, you ARE arrogant. That's the REAL fact here.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@netspook About the only thing I think we will agree on is to disagree.

And as for buggy games, as I stated, pretty much every major title I have bought has been buggy in the past 7 to 8 years. But to name a few that you haven't, No Man's Sky, AC Unity, Ark. Ark has been out for a couple years now and can't even be played because it crashes constantly about every 15 to 20 minutes. AC Unity was a bug filled mess that many people couldn't even play for months because they got caught in a loading loop that would stop the game from actually launching. And No Man's Sky continues to suffer from bugs on a regular basis because they keep adding and updating the game. I can also remember back in my PC gaming days having to take a disc or two back to the store for replacements because the particular copy I got didn't work.

Your experience with Valhalla and my experience with Valhalla differ dramatically, and I am not trying to play down your issues. I am just stating that for many people the experience is not the same. Yes, a lot of people have complained about bugs that slow or stop their progress, but I can assure you there are many more who have not experienced the level of issues you state you are.

• Kormac67
    497 posts

Well you simply can't expect software of this grade of complexity to work flawlessly on launch.
    Especially if it gets developed in a reasonable time (unlike what Blizzard is doing) and actually shipped on promised date (a week early even).
    I am part of the crowd who is happy with the game and haven't encountered game breaking bugs. A handful of crashes. Bugged fishing graphics, trophies, bugged mouswheel zoom in the map, all of these fixed. Can't date the baker. Needed a few reloads because quest characters I had to follow got stuck in some place.

People are calling things "game breaking" that really aren't. Game breaking are story hangers and the Halloween cloak issue, no more. Lucky I had none of them.
    But I admit Ubi could have been a bit more reactive on issues like that, yeah.

Ongoing content like Yule was planned long ago, and it's rollout is totally unrelated to bug fixing.

• ADarklore
    87 posts

It's sad when people keep saying how CDPR offered refunds... when in fact they knew full well that they wouldn't be the ones offering refunds, it would be up to the retailers, and they knew exactly what their retailers refund policy is, for digital retailers, NO REFUNDS. The only thing they did was a publicity stunt, hoping that some people would fall for it- and they did. Smoke and mirrors was all it was intended to be. Yet, what they weren't expecting was for Sony to get tired of the constant requests for refunds 'because CDPR said so' and decided to offer refunds but only after they pulled the game entirely. Initially Sony was declining requests for refunds, so no, it wasn't an 'agreement' between CDPR and Sony.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@jcar4327
    "Gaming for 40 years, countless bugged game launches" and you come up with No Man's Sky, Ark and AC: Unity? One AAA developer, the same developer in this thread, in this forum. You need a better case for your argument.

• LurcherLady
    12 posts

@snakeeater49910 I pre-ordered the game because Odyssey and Origins were, for me, very enjoyable. So I was playing from Day 1 and had to restart the game twice because of progression bugs. I can appreciate that some stuff will slip through the net no matter how rigorous the testing is just because of the sheer number of combinations of hardware available today. But I can't believe that some of bugs where you can't actually progress within the game weren't picked up sooner.

I'm a middle-aged gamer (and female) so I'll give a little consideration as games have never been more complex or large as they are now. I can remember some of the games I've played which I completed in a weekend and they weren't much cheaper. I played Odyssey for around 500 hours, Origins around 300 and a little over 100 hours in on Valhalla which, touch wood, is still working and I've not hit any further issues as regards progression.

I also don't think you're very fair lumping everyone in together - I know my fair share of older gamer's who are just as bad at trashing companies for the slightest issue as younger one's.

• Snakeeater49910
    Original poster 16 posts

Sure you have a right to be angry but remember to be considerate and thoughtful and stays inside the Ubisoft Code Of Conduct.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics