Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • MicHaeL_MonStaR
    18 posts

@snakeeater49910 - Right. - I'm of a similar age, starting out with the NES and Mega Drive II (Genesis) and DOS on PC and so on.
    But while I don't agree with some things Ubisoft does, "Valhalla" is a well-made product, even though it can indeed have issues but can still be worked on.
    While this is only the third AC-game I've ever purchased and played (the other two being the very first two), I have to disagree with how most people just complain that it's a "copy/paste job".
    This is far from anything like FIFA or some crap like that. - These games still actually take years to make and you can tell the developers put genuine effort into it. - You can tell.

And yea, seeing the younger generation just behave like this, complaining about the smallest things and just being some angry little teens, is absolutely sad and embarrassing.
    Having an eye for detail and noting issues isn't a bad thing, but you kids (and even 18-30 year olds) do need to learn to appreciate things and be respectful as well.
    Just because you paid for something doesn't mean you have the right to put down the creators. - The corporation behind it, whatever, but don't attack the developers.
    If you want to see a change or want a fix for something, just report what the problem is or what you don't like accordingly and they could look into it.

But this isn't a bad product, they've clearly put a lot of care into crafting the world, the models, animations, scenes, so on and so forth.
    Now, again, if there are issues, those can be fixed, whether they find them or we do. We're all on the same side. We love games, we want to enjoy THIS game, so don't act out and be decent.

• Dj0rdje12
    33 posts

God of war is only game series where I literally never had even single bug , and I own all 7 games and I finished each one at least 2 times.

• Dj0rdje12
    33 posts
    @jmetch
    I own Valhalla, but not Cyberpunk. I don’t actually have any hardware capable of running Cyberpunk properly (despite the fact that Cyberpunk was originally being developed for the generation of console that I have). It’s a good thing I cancelled my preorder for it months ago.

Valhalla is disappointing. It runs okay for me. It’s just boring, Cyberpunk goes way beyond disappointing for me. It’s shockingly bad. I had more faith and respect for CDPR than I’ve ever had for any other developer. That’s gone.

One has to wonder what’s wrong with the gaming world when Bungie moves into my top developer spot.

Out of those 3 last AC games that introduced RPG elements and big open world Origins is easily the most boring game ( not saying game is boring not at all but compared to those 2 it is) both in story and especially in side events and content. No need to mention the world has too much sand so landscape is also the worst for me. Combat in origins is just too simple without special abilities that makes combat more interesting.

Valhalla has the best side events with many diverse activities and the very large amount of puzzles , so those 2 easily put it above both Origins and Odyssey.

• Dj0rdje12
    33 posts

I live in country that is second poorest in Europe. 60 $ for a game is 1 / 5 ( one fifth) of average salary people here have and 1/3 of average pension. I do have a job , I dont smoke , drink or do drugs and gaming is my passion , I am 26 not married so I can have that luxury to spend this amount of money on video games.

What do you think how many parents here are willing to give 1/5 of their salary for video game ???

What about for example average German would he be willing to give 750 US dollars ( 1/5 of their salary) for single video game ???

How would he feel if that game is broken , how would normal person feel wasting 1/5 of their salary into broken product ?????

Amount of money does not matter in the end what matters is if product is broken they have every right to cry , insult , be mad or similar.

I personally beat game after 120 + hours and had one permament bug with daughter of lerion rest was fine I had other smaller bugs.I did enjoy the game but I would be very angry if I had game breaking problems with something that costs me that much.

So just shut up.

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@alliancestuck

In order to fix any bug that is reported, if you don't have direct access to the system that is experiencing it, you have to be able to reproduce it in the lab. Otherwise you can't fix it, because you don't know what causes it.

• NrVr7
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Netspook
    261 posts

@jcar4327
    Sorry for the late reply, been quite busy the last few days.

Your "long list" consist of 2 indie devs and 1 AAA game made by the same company who made AC:V...

And for the record, "No Man's Sky continues to suffer from bugs on a regular basis...". Nope. There are some bugs, but it isn't a buggy game. In fact, the game is still VERY popular, with 4.227 NEW reviews the last 30 days, and 95% are positive. Check the Steam store page if you don't believe me. That wouldn't happen with a buggy game.

"Every major title I have bought has been buggy in the past 7 to 8 years".
    Either you're hunting for only buggy games to buy, ore you're downright lying. I don't believe this for a second. And still, Valhalla should be on this list, you said it yourself, it's right there in the quote: "EVERY major title". But no, you insist you don't have issues with this one.

You are contradictiong yourself, and you can't back up your own claims.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@snakeeater49910 You are pointing the finger at 'EVERYBODY' . So you think everyone is a spoiled brat but yourself. is that what your saying? I would say that is not a very mature thing to say. I for one am grateful for UBI as I love the majority of their games.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    598 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • larrykop1967
    65 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JCar4327
    598 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • larrykop1967
    65 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DreadGrrl
    157 posts

@nrvr7 Freedom of speech does not protect one from the consequences of speech. The distinction is important to understand. Many people don't.

This is a privately owned forum, and the owner of this forum (Ubisoft) is well within its legal rights to place restrictions on its usage.

• NrVr7
    6 posts

@dreadgrrl Well if criticize is against Ubisoft forum rules, it would be against freedom of speech, your point is right and I agree (I rarely say that tbh) but we can't say "there is freedom of speech" if you'll be banned for pointing problems of a product you pay for

• DreadGrrl
    157 posts

@nrvr7 Slurs and swears are the only parts of speech that are blocked by the forum. People are perfectly free to write whatever else they want. There may be consequences for what they’ve written, but the writing of the comments is not prevented.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

@dreadgrrl Exactly! My house, my rules. Ubisoft's house, Ubisoft's rules.

• ImaginaryRuins
    354 posts

I'm from the 80s. Been playing the AC series since the very first game.

So far, I have been enjoying all of the AC titles. Of course, some more, some less. Valhalla is the one which I have sunk in the most no. of hours (without doing grinding.)

However, even so, this time I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with Ubisoft. First, the game is quite clearly not tested enough for bugs, and second, even after so many bug reports Ubisoft chooses to prioritise other less important tweaks. I also played Watch Dogs Legions and man that game was a mess - all those frequent crashes.

So I do not attack Ubisoft simply because I enjoy doing it or I am feeling entitled, but because the technical quality of their two most recent works was just so disappointing. Large games surely have bugs and glitches I understand but not this many.

• Netspook
    261 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ORSF_MTZIGG
    6 posts

@dreadgrrl yup Ive had it with theses lazy coders . too busy smelling each others dreds and arm pits to do a good job .yes the games look super but they suck and have for the last ten years .Prices go up quilty goes down

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics