Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • FixACV4TLOO
    Original poster 5 posts

Was trying to get into a boat the ale fell in the water and disappeared under the map =(

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Arvid.st4
    1 posts

@fixacv4tloo I have the same problem on Xbox Series X. The quest icon shows that it is 3000m away and on the world map it doesn't stay in one play.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 600 posts

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about this issue! A few players who have experienced the same kind of issue have mentioned being able to walk to the proper quest location by following the river about 150m southeast of the quest's starting point. Please give this a try!

Official Response
  • Brrreko
    1 posts

@fixacv4tloo Same problem on PC with quest icon being over 3000m away. Here's how I solved it:

Follow the main road out of the camp in WEST direction. On the beach you should find the man and return him the ale to finish the quest

• FRAGNIGHT55
    2 posts

So I started the yul festival and I I'm the quest missing ale and I pick up the ale ran with it then I was attack I set it down clears my path now the barrel is gone and I'm heading the object but the object is underneath the map around a curse area

• enzo48010
    6 posts

Step 1: Go to find the barrel in Utbeck
    Dont's:
    = Do not raid, the barrel disappears and icon appears somewhere else.
    = Do not carry the barrel all the way to camp, not a good idea.
    = Avoid confrontation while holding the barrel, coz you'll need to put down the barrel and fight, and the barrel disappears again.
    Step 2: Kill all enemies first before getting the barrel (to make sure no confrontations happen while holding the barrel).
    Step 3: either walk or put the barrel on a small boat and find AKI south of Utbech, right after the broken bridge between Duroleponte and Utbech.
    remember, You are not meant to take it all the way back to camp by yourself, you need to give it to AKI who is waiting along the shores south of UTBECH.
    Note: if your icon is showing in a different location, it will automatically update once you are with AKI.
    Note: if the barrel disappears, and it does not show in UTBECH, what I did is finish other missions and raiding, and when I went back to UTBECH, the barrel is back.

Good luck...

• PlatoonPapa
    1 posts

@ubiwan Nope, I get a quest marker 3000+ meters away. I've circled the camp since some say West, some say Southeast. I did get the barrel to appear again but when I put it down on the road to fight some wolfs it disapears with the marker still showing thousands of meters to the west

• Alake314
    12 posts

@fixacv4tloo Oh, thank the gods!! Now I don't feel so stupid. I understood the fella was going to wait by the boat (I understood he said that?). So when I saw the distance from there to the settlement and that the horse was a no go, I tried the boat thing too while I was searching for the guy around the docks. Also, not only the barrel went to the bottom of the river, but I managed to destroy the boat too. I am just so great at this. Then, when I loaded the lastest save, I was drunk and the barrel was 3000 m far, somewhere underground. I guess the river curren took it to an unaccesible water body inside a cave or something.

Balance of Yule Season: 2 quest, 2 bugs. One of them was in the first fight and it was almost fun, because one big guy was hanging in the air continously. But this time I am unable to go on with the quest because the barrel is gone. So I am going to sleep and try to forget that I will need to start tomorrow all the Yule season thing from the begining... 🙄

• ACMute
    2 posts

@fixacv4tloo

same issue here too!
    barrel now at bottom of river way over in Shropshire because that’s where the quest marker said to go!!

• germanredrum
    2 posts

I'm playing on the Xbox One X, and after I fight the brewer, it shows the next step WAY to the upper right corner. Way outside of the North Sea. What gives? undefined

• SXRWahrheit
    1 posts

I tried to put the barrel on a boat and it fell into the water. I reloaded the save and the barrel was gone entirely. Now I don't have a barrel and I have nowhere to take it.

• guest-q07mkuxt
    2 posts

the way i’ve found to fix the mission is just walk down the road near the bandit camp towards the west near the aqueduct and the mission should refresh itself

• MitchAshley87
    8 posts

Yep. All the Yule missions are glitchy.

Once you have the ale, the guy is on the shoreline to the right. I was headed back to camp with the ale on a boat (my 4th attempt to get it after it kept glitching), and saw him waiting on the shore with odins sight. Definitely not where the map was telling me to go! Lol

• VelesKyr
    6 posts

I had this bug, but I fixed it. I went back to Norway, then I came back to England. Exited my game. Came back in and then went back to where I found the Keg. The Quest Marker says it's 10000 Meters away underground, but if you go back to the actual place you picked up the Keg, it should be back there again and the quest will then immediately restart and focus on the new Keg.

• RiverDan
    13 posts

@germanredrum
    Same with me. I had the barrel on my back and tried to fast travel. Now it shows the quest marker as below the map. Can't get barrel any more.

• VelesKyr
    6 posts

@veleskyr
    can't Edit posts for some reason. So lets hope people find this.

I fixed it.

https://holdtoreset.com/the-case-of-the-missing-ale-assassins-creed-valhalla-guide/

I followed that guide entirely after getting another different bug.

• germanredrum
    2 posts

@guest-q07mkuxt What Bandit camp? There's nothing on my map other than the icon WAY north east.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@germanredrum Before you fought him he should have been standing on a ledge looking down over a bandit camp.

• stallattack
    33 posts

@germanredrum The camp is called "Utbech",not far from the location where the mission starts(from the cliff).
    for me after grabbing the barrel my mission marker show up in weird location in Sciropscire and I wasted some time...thx buggi soft.
    It took me a while to figure out where the guy was.....he was standing by the broken bridge or aquaduct of some kind on same island.😠

• FosterXboxGamer
    16 posts

This has happened to me too.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics