Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • a22ghooligan
    Original poster 10 posts

Has this been discussed yet?? cause right now nights are just like a slightly cloudy day. Would be nice to have to use the torch other than the occasional bit of dungeon digging.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DaelosTheCat
    166 posts

@a22ghooligan

You can use Search to find similar discussions. Yes, it has been discussed. And many have said the same thing. The nights are way too bright. This goes back to Origins though. And even before. It seems like developers would do anything in order to not inconveniece players. Gods forbid players should actually NEED to use an EXISTING feature to MEDITATE and pass the time till daytime. No, much easier to make nights so bright the moon light casts shadows and gives moon glares. Yeah.

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 10 posts

@daelosthecat

any movement on ubi side??

Just come over from breakpoint, and the best update ubi done was made the nights darker. The world and gameplay are a hell of lot better for it as well.

• DaelosTheCat
    166 posts

@a22ghooligan With Breakpoint players actually asked for more realism. But there will never be enough AC players who want darker nights in order for the devs to budge.

• AlfaSnowman
    17 posts

I thought it was a cloudy afternoon, until I realized there where stars in the sky...

We need the 'option' like in GRB, so players who don't like it can still turn it off. I doubt this would be hard to do as it would just require tweaking the moon light source only and a menu option. The sun is fine.

During night I lower the brightness to 1, which makes the nights look better, but still not ideal. During the day I turn it back up.
    It is nice to see a dark night and all the lights of towns or cities in the distance.

A darker setting makes skulking over rooftops at night way more immersive. Like a stealth game should be.

I also use reshade to lower the ridiculous vanilla oversaturation of the colors.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics