ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kaziko27
    1 posts

I was doing some stuff in Asgard, i found this cow "Shut in", I was trying to free it but it's not moving at all, I think the game had a moveable interactable that wanted me to move, but I believe it's positioned incorrectly, check out this video on the issue.

• JessicaHelen
    3 posts

Hi

I have played the game for roughly 150hours and on 97% trophies. The only one I am missing is 100% completing each area, however, the last and only mystery I am unable to complete is this one named in title. I have tried everything but the cow doesn’t move, I don’t have an older save and I know this is a bug. Looking online this has been ongoing since November? It’s disappointing that regardless of multiple patches this bug has still not been fixed and is stopping me from completing W Perfect Game Save.

Is there going to be a patch that will sort this to enable me and many other players to finally complete this mystery quest and enable the platinum trophy? I contacted Ubisoft Live Chat and they stated to post on this forum as the developers overlook it as they had no idea or any updated information?

Kind regards

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@jessicahelen Found 8 posts of this bug in player support, didn't found it "addressed" on the 1.1.2 update list!
    Ubisoft has given response on one of the posts in player support so they are aware of it.

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts

@alphagoose46219: the gate try to destroy all of it, if I remember correctly there are 3 parts that can be destroyed. Had to destroy all 3 for the cow to start moving.

• JessicaHelen
    3 posts

Hi!

thanks tried destroying everything, nothing works. Completely bugged and even though Ubisoft say they are aware, still no fix for month? Really want to just finish the game perfectly for that last mystery to enable the platinum.

thank you for the reply that Ubisoft have apparently acknowledged it, hopefully soon? Could Ubisoft clarify they will fix this issue?

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts

@jessicahelen: well if you have a save that happened before you got to that point try to reload it and try it again. I guess...

• saydlin
    1 posts

When I entered its pen for the first time and hit the breakable object, the cow ran out of the gap in the wall to the right. I had not completed the quest line yet. I tried herding it back for a while, it didn't work very well. I was able to get it back over to the general area, just not inside the enclosure. Left to do the rest of the wealth and quest line, then after Big Finish I cleared all the remaining mysteries. When I returned to the cow pen, I used my raven to find the cow speeding across the area atop the rocks above the pen. When I tried herding it again, it stepped its way down into the pen (over the rocks). Seemed glitchy and pretty random, not sure I could reproduce it if I tried. Then, back in the enclosure, the cow got stuck trying to climb the rocks to get back out the back wall of the pen. 😞 I tried for a while to disrupt the action, tried herding with the mount, the cow just oscillated between two spots in the wall trying to climb and getting stuck, perpetual hoof clopping noises that drove me mental. I saw a note in this thread to clear all of the breakable walls and move the stone. So, I did that, still no movement from the cow. Saw another note in this thread to fast travel, so I did that and it cleared the mystery as completed. A good hour of my time wasted on that stupid cow and its weird quest name. If your cow escaped, try clearing the rest of the mystery's objectives and fast traveling, and if that doesn't work, try herding (with your mount seems to be easier) it back into the enclosure, either from the path into the pen, or from the rocks above. Good luck. Would really be great if the cow just couldn't escape the dang wall, though. Its movement speed is fast and it doesn't prefer to be herded.

• JessicaHelen
    3 posts

Hi

i don’t have a save before that as I played through the game and story doing side bits as I went along, completed it and went on for 100% completion. Therefore I don’t have an earlier save as I’ve done at least 150 hours on it. Just needs to be fixed so that the block doesn’t get stuck against the wall 😞

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@jessicahelen If you read those posts you will see many people with the same problem have tried about everything to solve it without result.
    We can only hope for fixes, the list is enormous big with issue's dated back till November (release!!) and seems to grow only!

• KajiDragon
    1 posts

I have also come across a problem with this quest, the rock we are suppose to move is stuck on the wall blocking the cow’s way out.

• GeL435
    2 posts

Got the rock you have to move stuck behind the plank on the floor next to where the cow stands after breaking the wooden barrier. Theres space for the cow to progress, but she just won't budge. Pulling the rock to far breaks the quest. Been waiting for this to fix since launch, last quest for platinum. Hope it gets fixed soon. 😞

• AbandonedCart
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis Four months and all you have is that "the developers can reproduce the issue"?

Paying release prices for betas belongs on Kickstarter, not on shelves.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports of "Milk of Humankind" within this thread, as well as sharing your suggestions and feedback. Currently, we have no new information to share from the investigation. The development team is still taking a closer look at this issue. I've passed along the reports that have been shared here, alongside any videos, so these can be used in the investigation.

Once we have any new information to share, it will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out in these locations.

@Kaziko27 - Thanks for sharing a video! I've included this in your report to the development team.

@saydlin - Welcome to the forums 🙂 Though this sounds slightly different to the issue being investigated within this thread, thanks for taking the time to share you own experience with "Milk of Humankind." I've not heard many reports of Audumbla escaping the pen, so this could be useful to know for additional investigation. I'm glad you've been able to complete this mystery successfully. Thanks for sharing your method in the thread!

@AbandonedCart - Hey there! As a member of the player support team, I'm only able to share the information that the development team has shared with us from the investigation. At this moment in time, we don't have any further updates to share from the investigation. Once we have any news, we will share it within the forums. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by this.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • AbandonedCart
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm not faulting you, but the other half of speaking for the developers is being the one to pass messages along.

• rafax111
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I don't mean to sound repetitive, so I'll just cut to the chase: when will the bug is "Milk of Humankind" be fixed? When is the patch expected to be distributed?

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@abandonedcart Of course! We will always be happy to share information that's provided by the players to the developers.

@rafax111 I'm sorry to say that this information is not known, since no solutions have been found yet regarding a fix to this World Event. As soon as we have this information, we will share it with everyone here.

Official Response
  • FencerJEC
    6 posts

Let's hope that the upcoming patch/release on Friday fixes the issue.... 😉

• FencerJEC
    6 posts
    Let's hope that the upcoming patch/release on Friday fixes the issue.... 😉

Sorry, next Friday (3/19). See Ubisoft's Twitter feed.

• ElMadre1
    93 posts

Well, I finally got a PS5, installed the PS5 version of the game, went back to the cow in the blind hope that the change of platform may have fixed the glitch....but no. Still stuck.

Suggested Topics