Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • SteveCross95
    6 posts

Im also very dissapointed about this particular quest, four months have passed, the community here helped as they could with videos and guidance, the developers replicated the problem and still no solution....
    Apart from that this quest is so messy that ive seen the same exact problem posted by people on facebook groups.
    @UbiExcellent Whats the status of the fix? This has to be solved on Aprils patch, im tired me and other people waiting for a fix.

• Eivor1981
    1 posts

I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I was trying to complete the milk of mankind mystery. The the stone that was blocking the way by the cow God got stuck and would not move. I had to go to the main city and kill a citizen. Put them on the back of my reindeer and came back. I took the dead body and threw it against the stone and it moved little by little. Granted I had to throw the body against the stone at least 20 times. But it finally moved the stone enough so that the cow could come through. I am working with patch 1.06 which is the newest one. I hope this helps.

• ElMadre1
    64 posts

I really think the simplest fix for this would be to program it so the area resets to default if you leave it for some period of time. It already resets the fences--shouldn't be rocket science to also revert the rock and cow.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@stevecross95 Hey there! At this time the teams are still looking into this issue, so no information has been made available to us regarding a fix date. The other Player Support team members and I will continue to add any new information to this thread, so please stay tuned.

@Eivor1981 I'm glad this workaround has helped, though I do apologize for the time it took to get this completed on your end.

@ElMadre1 Thank you for sharing this suggestion! I've passed this along to the appropriate teams.

Official Response
  • AK-BOSSLADY
    2 posts

This mystery is still bugged. The cow won't move because the rock is unable to move because of the planks on the ground. Please fix.

• UbiExcellent

@ak-bosslady Hey there, and warm welcome to the forums. This issue remains under investigation at the moment. Have you tried any of the suggested workarounds that were mentioned above by @Eivor1981 or @uome5dollas?

Official Response
  • munchkin-77
    1 posts

Just got to this quest now and it's bugged with the boulder stuck. Any news on a patch?

• UbiExcellent

@munchkin-77 Hi there! As of right now, this issue remains open and under investigation. My apologies about that! We'll continue to update this thread as soon as anything changes, so please stay tuned.

Official Response
  • Link_FTW
    3 posts

I cannot believe this still isn't fixed. My rock pile is stuck against the wall and pinned in by the planks on the ground in the second section. This fix cannot be difficult to implement. Just reset the rock pile when you leave Asgard.

• UbiExcellent

@link_ftw Welcome to the forums, and apologies for the continued aggravation caused by this error with this World Event. I've checked back in with our teams about this, but as of right now, no further information has been shared. With that being said, I have let them know that this issue has impacted your ability to progress as well.

Official Response
  • Gingko_0
    1 posts

Still not working. Going on 6 months since release date. Good game overall, but I mean, seriously ??

• Mufty1
    2 posts

6 months honestly sort this [censored] out now just remove the [censored] rock from the game not hard.

you have fixed so much stuff that's not even game breaking to progress yet somehow leave this bug.

we all have waited long enough now and don't reply back with its been investigated because its not.

• LordSkempe
    7 posts

I didn't know anything of this problem before having the same issue tonight. The fact this matter has been reported since the game dropped in November is nothing shy of absurd when you see how simple a fix it is. It has been well past the point for this matter to be rectified with this number of people putting in complaints and tickets to support. At this point, I would now advise we collectively group together and file a report (or a flurry of individual reports) with the Better Business Bureau over the matter. I myself will be filing one to say the least. If they don't comply, it will adequately reflect in their business reviews and likeliness to sell future products. I'm sure Ubisoft will finally respond if begins to take even a slight monetary toll on them through enough negative reviews to possibly impact future sales or enough people requesting a refund over a clearly broken game. It's truly unfortunate, but if this is the reality of the action that must be taken for Ubisoft to react than so be it.

• LagusGenuine
    1 posts

@ubiexcellent Ubisoft, when a solution? We are April 18, 2021 and the error is still there

• Link_FTW
    3 posts

I have now completed everything in this game except this mystery. This is so dumb and frustrating.

• eyeball_97
    1 posts

Unbelievable that this bug still hasn't been fixed. As a relative newcomer to console games I mostly enjoyed ploughing my way through Origins, then Odyssey, and Valhalla. But as a completionist my ocd is severely triggered by this bug - the last thing I need to complete 100%. How hard can it be to make sure that rock DOESN'T get stuck to the wall if you push it the wrong way??? Or at the very least, RESPAWN the entire area (not just the wodden walls) if the player leaves the area, so that you can return and push the rock the right way - then it wouldn't matter if someone got it stuck by pushing it the wrong way on the first try!

Had a similar but self inflicted problem with elysium (odyssey) which I managed to complete *without* freeing 8 humans from each of the 3 regions. Had to power through the entire odyssey again to get to elysium to fix it. Am NOT going to power through Valhalla again just to get to Asgard, especially with no new game+ option!

Voting with my wallet. No more money for Ubisoft until I can move this damned cow.

• UbiExcellent

Hi there, everyone. I'm beyond sorry to come to you all with the announcement that this issue remains under investigation. With this being said, I have notified the team of the updates you all have shared with me here on this forum thread. We will continue to update this thread as often as we're able to in the meantime with any updates that are shared with us.

Official Response
  • LordSkempe
    7 posts

Being that there are at least a hundred comments in this forum spanning over 6 months now and new comments pouring in almost every day, I have filed an official complaint against Ubisoft with the Better Business Bureau over this matter on behalf of all of us. If they allow me to add each of your signatures and/or comments to the complaint that would be extremely beneficial in forcing Ubisoft to actually implement this fix ASAP. Otherwise, I highly advise filing your own complaints over the same matter to force them to act. In a similar situation last year, enough people complained to the BBB about Treyarch not fixing Call of Duty Black Ops III's easter egg on the zombies map Gorod Krovi, which was broken for over 18 months as hundreds of people sent support tickets and inquired when a fix was to be incoming. Treyarch fed everyone the same generic responses Ubisoft is feeding all of us now, however when the flurry of complaints to the BBB came in, Treyarch was forced to make an official response saying they were working on the matter and fixed the longstanding issue in less than 72 hours. Lets try and get the same results here everyone!

In the meantime, I too like the commenter above myself am voting with my wallet. No more buying Ubisoft games at full price and/or upon release if this is how they are going to treat us as after giving them our hard earned money. Shame they've let it come to this...

• FluxB0x
    1 posts

@ubiexcellent Maybe the team should be focused on this particular bug instead of making new contents to add more bugs to this buggy game ... It is really a shame that we need to wait that much time to a bug to be fixed. Next time I'll wait 2-3 years before buying a new AC game.

• LordSkempe
    7 posts

The update from Ubisoft today regarding the upcoming Title Update set to drop on April 27th says "Creating Title Updates is a complex and time-consuming situation for our dev team. We are always striking a balance between including as many fixes for known issues as quickly after spotting them as we can, while also providing new and exciting content for players that may not run into issues at all. Let’s talk about some known issues and why it has taken so much time to address them."

It only goes on however to list two specific quests being fixed, the quests In the Absence of an Ealdorman and Pig of Prophecy. Nothing was mentioned of this bugged world-event Milk for Humankind regarding a fix or even acknowledgement of the issue. Instead, Ubisoft went so far as to state "Since the Pig of Prophecy is considered side content, we’ve prioritized more impactful story progression blockers first..." Thus, as a world-event, this issue in their own words is not a "priority."

I'd be incredibly surprised to see a fix for this in this update on the 27th based on Ubisoft's own words. If not, Ubisoft also said they're extending the time between Title Updates to 5-weeks each, so any fix for this is going to take all that much longer. All we can hope is Ubisoft's pledge "We have made several changes to production pipelines and tools so that we can deliver more robust updates" delivers and provides a fix for this bug

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics