Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheCeann
    2 posts

Still having this issues as of 31/12/2020. When you break the first barrier the cow walks out but moving the stone a certain way causes the stone to become stuck and unmoveable and now the cow is also not moving. Tried several fixes, nothing has worked. I really hope they patch this soon for everyone out there trying to 100% the game.

• domp4484
    1 posts

same here. Just this mystery and the smelly jar one in Lundon to get the platinum. Frustrating. Hopefully it gets fixed

• AbandonedCart
    9 posts

The issue seems to be relatively consistent. Pushing the rocks inside the second area causes the cow not to progress.

After doing some testing with the issue, I have found a few things:

Riding a mount can herd the cow if the mission is stuck. This is typically a wasted effort, since the cow will run toward a location where it can become stuck, even after entering the third area.

The cow will return to a spot next to the rocks in the middle of the second area, unless a save is made when it is visible somewhere else. In those cases, the cow will typically begin moving on load to run, turn, and push until it can walk to that spot and get stuck again.

When the cow gets stuck at any location other than the one from the previous point, pulling a mount next to it and dismounting in the direction of the cow can sometimes move the cow slightly. If the cow is moved enough to break it free, the mount can usually herd it. It will then return to the location in the previous point after a big dance.

If the cow begins bobbing up and down (floating) at the exit of the second area or in the third, it will occasionally begin moving again. The bobbing in the second area is much shorter and ends in the cow becoming locked in place.

It comes down to two poor choices. One is that only one direction for moving the rocks was ever properly coded or tested. The second is that the triggers are so generalized in such a tight area that there is no room for the rocks to be anywhere inside the second area without causing an overlap.

The fix seems relatively simple. Either reset the rocks and provide a workaround notice or force rocks within the "dead zone" (area two) to load at x,y,z (some working location). I know Ubisoft has a lot going on, but I am more than happy to forward my resume if the testers are having trouble communicating with the developers in a way that results in solutions.

• drloco809
    1 posts

asgard mysteries glitch with moving the cow out of the entrapment. There’s a bug can’t move the cow/ doesn’t follow. Mystery is called. Milk of humankind please fix ASAP been stuck here since game came out

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Happy new year to you all! Thank you all for your continued patience as the Game team continues to work on this. Also, thank you AbandonedCart for this detailed information of your various workaround attempts. I have forwarded this up to the team for further review. If you, or anyone else, has any more to add, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Official Response
  • Burton768
    4 posts

Same issue for me, I pulled the stone backwards rather than forwards and the rock is jamed and the cow won’t budge from second room (all barriers destroyed). I tried the Asgard civilian dead body trick which moved the rock a bit but still stuck.

when I logged in after right in front of the cow it started moving towards the gap between room 2 and 3 but is now just stuck there not moving instead.

literally one of the only things stopping me from 100% this game

https://ibb.co/vd3ZZX9

• Khaledshafic
    4 posts

I have the same problem and the quest is bugged for me, not sure if ubisoft is planning to fix this in a future update or not
    Lets hope someone from ubi see this problem and reply to us

• AbandonedCart
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AbandonedCart
    9 posts

@Burton768 You should be able to get the cow to move again using the mount. The problem is that unless the dialog progresses, the cow will force its way back to the center of the second room.

The one thing I haven't been able to verify is herding the cow back to the first room, saving, and loading from there. It is possible, albeit a long shot, that this could "reset" the quest.

I was able to test moving the cow back to where the quest begins, but that didn't change the eventual outcome. I have included a video to show both starting from the cow returned to area one and the process of actually moving it.

@UbiKobold The important part is that the colliders are too large for the trigger. The trigger for the moving rocks is much larger than the rocks themselves (to allow the triangle tip to appear). The cow's collider is only from the shoulders to the head, but the stationary rocks extend just beyond the visible textures. When the moving rocks intersect the stationary ones, they get stuck and this creates an area that the cow "sees" as too small to reach its second trigger.

• Burton768
    4 posts

@abandonedcart Ahhh interesting, I can only get the cow to move for about 30 seconds then it stops in what seems like a random place then refuses to budge and its hitbox goes from full size cow to just its upper section only, I am able to walk through the lower half of the cow (which is very strange). Once it stops it will not move again regardless of mount location, mount speed or the amount of times I throw a dead civilian from Asgard at it (don't ask, it worked a bit with the stuck rock, but only a few cms, I am evil I know!)

• AbandonedCart
    9 posts

@burton768 I think the cow is rear-wheel drive. Jokes aside, jumping into the center of the cow just below the shoulders is what causes it to warp a bit when that happens.

• UbiKobold

Thank you AbandonedCart and Burton768 for your descriptions of what you have tried in-game! This, along with the video and image, are very helpful! I have forwarded this information up and greatly appreciate your continued patience as we work to resolve this.

Official Response
  • Fat_Flanker
    3 posts

while trying to complete the mystery challenge at Trolltonn the movable rock has become clipped to a wall and will no longer move meaning the cow cannot get through. It’s is still stuck when leaving Asgard and returning.

• mac02377
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins fast traveling, leaving Asgard and existing to the title screen the only thing I haven't done is start the game from the beginning ( I dont want to do that)

• UbiKobold

Hello! I am sorry that you have not been able to proceed! Just to make sure, are you referring to the 'Milk of Humankind' quest? Also, what platform do you play on?

Official Response
  • Fat_Flanker
    3 posts

@ubikobold yes I am, I am on Xbox series X

• UbiKobold

Thanks for letting me know! This quest and issue are currently being investigated by the Game team, but I apologize for any trouble caused in the meantime. Please check out this thread in regards to this issue as well, as others have commented potential workarounds that could work for you. Thank you for your patience, and let me know if you need anything else!

Official Response
  • QuaidKimble
    1 posts

I‘ve been unable to finish the world event in Asgard due to the cow being stuck after pushing the rock against the wall.

I’ve linked a YouTube video of another player experiencing the same issue.

Are the team aware of this issue?

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@quaidkimble Hello there! Thank you for reaching out, and with this video! Our team is certainly aware of this issue, with a dedicated thread for it here! Do note that our team is looking into a solution for this issue at this time, and hope to find a solution soon. Stay tuned to the dedicated thread mentioned for any potential updates!

Official Response
  • Blackout13456
    1 posts

Its January I've finished the entire game but this one mystery with a coe in asgard please fix soon so I can completely be done with the game

Suggested Topics