Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • RUFIO8604
    Original poster 2 posts

After ranking up a few times with exp, the onscreen notification pops up "+2 skill points", but when I navigate to the skill tree it doesn't show any unspent skill points. I'm still at the early stages of the game, haven't left Norway, so is there a leveling cap associated with the story progression?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ThE_FossiL
    1 posts

@RUFIO8604 , what level are you when this happened?

I have the same issue.

Posted it to a fb ACV group.

Let's hope they got an answer.

I'm level 59 right now, and not far into the game.

• JFE84
    2 posts

same issue, at 162
    first I had +2 pop up but 0 unspent in skill tree
    after reloading a few times I just kept playing and had another +2 pop up but only got 1 unspent showing

• BlitzSparkz
    12 posts

Same on Xbox One but mine gives me 1 point instead of 0 when levelling up. I think you can solve this by quitting the game(not reloading) and going back in.
    Mine is also happening on Standing stone and Offering altar where I received no points even though I was supposed to get 1 point each.

• ChuckKatse
    206 posts

Same here in Asgard. Was at the Standing Stones and completed it. Screen showed one skill point awarded. Went to the Skill Menu and there was no skill point to use. I am on the Master Level now and was going to assign the skill point to the Blue Master to make it 8. This has happened twice. Ubisoft fix your game my god. What is the point of completing something if when you get a reward you cannot use it. Very disappointed in this game. A downgrade from past Ubisoft games. Of course they got their money so why should they care.

• JohnUeland
    2 posts

@rufio8604 same here... and I would be at 400 by now....missing 12 pts

• ChuckKatse
    206 posts

@johnueland Oh I got the skill point but it was for the regular tree not the Master. Cannot use it already at level 400 and those so called additional skills are not showing up. What a joke. Submitted a complaint with a picture attached in player support. Picture is worth a thousand words.
    undefined

• mandyvh
    1 posts

Hi

I have the same problem at level 114 in earning skill points and when I go to the skill tree they are not there.
    Is there any news from Ubisoft as i cannot find a response.
    cheers

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 733 posts

Hello Vikings,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to use your gained skill points.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate?

@ChuckKatse, I tracked down this issue and I can see that it's currently being investigated. Do you remember how did you gain this skill point/what action have you performed and in which region by any chance?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • ChuckKatse
    206 posts

@ubi-mark It needs to be investigated. I am on my second play thru now and have reached 400 in the skill tree. I still have not been able to access the three new skills. The access points are visible but do not unlock. Waiting to see if the Master Level unlocks or if I get skill points that cannot be used in the Master Tree.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics