Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WastelandStag
    Original poster 19 posts

First things first.
    1.Bugs happen in games, especially such large games, all you can ask for from developers faced with making such large games and keeping to pressure from producers is that they try to fix them. Which the team is doing.

2.Microtransactions are clearly here to stay, if someone wants to pay to get silver/money/supplies that's on them. I personally bought the beserker pack, draugr ship and valkyrie settlement. Because I wanted it sooner rather than later.

Now to the nitty gritty.
    This game is either far too hard at specific points (that's the point, nothing wrong there) or far too easy, there's no in between. (Drengr difficulty) I was really hoping that after fighting the first old warrior in Norway it would be a constant uphill slug.

Secondly, I don't mind the pricing of the gear for those who want it sooner rather than later. But so far the whole lot costs over £160! That's crazy when you consider the fact that you can only feasibly earn 1 piece a week from Reda. By the time you get it all as it stands, the game will become irrelevant as I assume the next AC cimes out next year and it will literally take a few years to get them...

My only two issues with this game, though they are fairly large ones

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@wastelandstag I agree with the difficulty thing. Some have suggested that if you don't want to feel overpowered to slack off on assigning your skill points, as they actually effect the power you have in the game and against enemies. Someone in another post made a point that this may have been the developers way of giving more control to the players on how difficult they want the game to be by giving more control on how powerful you can get at any given point in the game.

I also must agree about the cost of outfit packs. I seen one pack costing 2000 Helix credits. That's $20 in the US, or about 1/3 the cost of the entire game for a single outfit. That's just silly. And currently you can only earn 90 opals a week in-game. Most of the items cost 120 or more. So it will actually take two weeks to earn enough opals to purchase an item in most cases.

And AC games are on a two year cycle now. They changed that after Syndicate released but because of the Unity fiasco.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Unfortunately that was the entire purpose of making the game outfits look so bad, most of them don't even have decent perks on them,you know those perks ubisoft assured us would not be behind a paywall.Last year Ubisoft pulled in over 650 million in mtx sales alone,So no,the price gouging will go on and on and on.But if we're lucky, when the next seasonal dlc comes out,we'll get a 3rd version of the huntsmen outfit. won't that be special ? The worst thing about this is Ubisoft is so big and has so much money they don't have to listen to the people who are objecting to this over priced nonsense,and in that event, to them ,we're simply acceptable losses!

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 Unfortunately it is not just Ubisoft. All the major game studios/publishers are doing this now. And they will continue to do it as long as people are willing to spend real money on in-game items. Not much we can do about it as long as those people continue making purchases. I don't generally buy stuff from the store. The only exception for me is map packs because of all the hidden stuff in games these days. So in reality I am just as much of a guilty party as the person that will spend 1/3 the cost of the game for a single outfit, weapon, mount, bird, and shield. But I have drawn a line in the sand about how much extra I am willing to spend; if that map pack was $20 I wouldn't be buying it.

• LadySwampfox
    6 posts

@jcar4327

I agree that the cosmetic items are very pricey, especially considering that the default/vanilla armors that you can find in the game for free are pretty lacking in coolness.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

No Ubisoft isn't the only one but they are definitely one of the priciest ones, the things is I don't object to Ubisoft having their mtx but they are way too expensive and they should not have sacrificed game content just to bolster sales.Odyssey and Origins both had a lot of nice armor without having to go to the store, Valhalla has none ,zero ,zip all completely useless garbage which the developers should be ashamed of.It's bad enough this game doesn't have much replayability but the lack of rewards only makes matters worse,there's simply no reason to play Valhalla again.

Suggested Topics