Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

Hey everyone, after the last patch for Valhalla my FPS just died - I still get 60 fps during the loading and my CPU/GPU are utilised properly, but once I'm in the game - my FPS goes below 30, and my CPU and GPU utilisation hover around 50%.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas on how to fix this? Before the patch I got 45-60 FPS, but now the game just refuses to use my GPU and CPU properly.

Here's the screenshot of my CPU and GPU utilisation.

Recent drivers, nothing changed on my end - just installed the patch and FPS went to [censored].

Any help is appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@edgysheepmom try turning off the in-game overlay located in the Connect settings menu.

It helped stabilized the frame rates for me.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hello and thank you TyranusVader for your suggestion! I am glad to see that disabling the in-game overlay resolved your frame rate issues that you were experiencing. If you, EdgySheepMom, or anyone else continues to experience drops in FPS and low CPU / GPU utilization please complete our guide here. However, if these issues continue after those steps please provide all of the following information on our Megathread here.

• When did this issue first occur for you?
    • Is this issue persistent, or does it only happen in certain locations/when carrying out certain actions?
    • What are your current graphical settings in-game?
    • Can you please provide a video that demonstrates the issue in-game? For a video, post it to YouTube as unlisted and then provide the link.

Additionally, the development team has requested that affected players provide us with the following system files and images. To provide this information please create a Support Ticket or contact us on Facebook or Twitter:

• A copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag.
    • An image of your current graphical settings in-game
    • An image that shows your CPU and GPU usage whilst running the benchmark (this can be through any supported software for your hardware, or programs such as Rivatuner Statistics Server).

How to attach files to a ticket.

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubikobold I just want to add that using any sort of overlay such as RTSS will cause the game to stutter. So even if you disable the in-game overlay and use RTSS, you will run into stuttering issues.

• UbiKobold

@tyranusvader Thank you for that extra information! It's always nice to see our players assisting. 🙂

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubikobold bad news! The stuttering has come back. It's not as frequent but it still rears its ugly head. Back to the drawing board. It's strange. I played several hours without any issue and yet today it comes back, I am at a loss. I'll submit a ticket if that helps. This issue has been ongoing for several months now.

• UbiKobold

@tyranusvader Thanks for updating me that the stuttering is occurring for you again! A Support ticket would be helpful for sure, along with attaching your MSinfo and DxDiag files to that ticket. Then return here with your ticket number so that I may review your files. Additionally, here is our site on attaching files as well.

If you could also attach images of the following on that ticket as well, that would be great!

• an image of your current graphical settings in-game
    • an image that shows your CPU and GPU usage whilst running the benchmark

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubikobold ticket number is 14815235. The issue has already been reported to the development team. Which thread should I refer to for any updates?

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubikobold I uploaded some screenshots that were taken during and after the benchmark. The frame times are all over the place which doesn't make sense! I also noticed that GPU usage varied from 0 to 99%. CPU usage was relatively stable and wasn't as volatile.

• UbiKobold

@tyranusvader Thanks for providing your ticket number! I can see that one of our Support agents has been able to offer some troubleshooting as well to help us pinpoint where this issue may be arising. As for updates, I encourage you to keep an eye on our Megathread regarding this issue. We are unable to provide daily updates on that thread, but will post more as we have more information to provide!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics