Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

The new DLC called ''premium starter pack'' is weird. It is listed as an add-on and a DLC, yet it is not included with the season pass. I would understand if they sold these items as helix packs but listing them as add-on ruins the idea of a season pass.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WildHunt
    104 posts

@afkoyuncu just an FYI, all those weapons in the DLC pack can't be upgraded in the forge, so they are essentially useless. It is a bug, hopefully they fix it soon.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@afkoyuncu I had to go look to see what you were talking about. Yeah that is some screwed up stuff there. Clearly listed as an add-on but you have to purchase even if a season pass holder.

Edit: Just realized that you are paying $7 for the weapons and ship pack and receiving $23 worth of helix credits to use for other purchases in the store.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@JCar4327 I would get it if they didn't give these items to standard edition buyers, but gold and up (that has the season pass) should receive these for free. And I would be ok with just getting the items without the helix credits. If they are going to make an addon, at least include it in the season pass...

Edit: You may not be able to upgrade them, but they look cool.

And the thought of this nonsense makes me angry that not receiving the items is just a bonus.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@gloomseeker Season Pass really seems pointless because of this...

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@wildhunt The weapons look cool. I know that they will fix not being able to upgrade them eventually. The thing that annoys me is that addons should be included in the season pass. If not, the season pass seems pointless until February 2021

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@afkoyuncu I don't spend money in the store generally. The only exception for me is the map packs because I always worry about missing stuff; and it messes with my completionist brain if I don't get everything in a game like this. But I draw the line at that $10 because I can't see spending 1/3 the cost of the base game for a single outfit, weapon, shield, mount, and bird.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@gloomseeker AT the very least they should give the weapons and ship pack to season pass holders. I don't need the 2300 Helix credits.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@gloomseeker I agree it shouldn't have been listed as an add-on if it isn't included in the season pass. And I didn't even think about the game being on sale and getting it for a discount for near the price of one of those gear packs.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@gloomseeker This is the thing I am talking about. I am glad that I am not the only one who is disappointed.

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    30 posts

Here's my view on it; It's insulting and a rip-off.

I open the game today, a game that I've just spent a lot of money on and only started playing recently, and they throw this 30 Euro pack in my face.
    No, you let me unlock that content by playing the game I've PURCHASED, simple as that.
    IF you really have to generate more money, Ubisoft corporate, then charge 3 Euros for those items, not 30 and not 5 Euros per item or whatever.

And yea, I know this is nothing new, I know that this is how it goes with these blockbuster games. - But no. Just no. I won't be swayed to cough up (so much) extra money.
    I've purchased the Collector's Edition, you don't get to tell me "Gimme more money!", you get to give me more stuff!
    I'm not asking for it, I'm fine playing the game as it is, and all I ask if for the technical aspect to be upheld and maintained.
    But you send more stuff my way for having paid 120+ Euros. Alright Ubisoft? - If that doesn't sound fair, that's because you're not.

I'm off to play the game now. Don't insult us by begging for more money again. Those virtual items aren't that valuable.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@michael_monstar I wonder do Ubisoft ever read these. We can't be the only 4-5 people on the planet who is mad...

• deemax84
    2 posts

I'm a bit upset because not only do the items have no perks and not able to upgrade, but I didn't even get the helix points. I basically lost 30 dollars.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@wildhunt It isn't a bug. They are designed to be used at the beginning of the game.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@afkoyuncu Where does it say DLC on the pack? Just because it is a add-ons doesn't mean it is part of the season pass. The Berserker pack isn't part of the season pass but it is called a add-ons.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@leoraptor1979 in helix store, the starter pack, is listed in add-ons section, but item packs and weapons are listed as store items. berserker pack or set is never listed as an addon

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@afkoyuncu You should probably check the store. The Berserker Pack, Berserker Settlement Pack, Berserker Ship Pack, and Way of the Berserker mission are listed as add-ons. I'm not sure they were offered as part of the Season Pass as they were part of the Ultimate Edition.

@LeoRaptor1979 I totally get where you are coming from. The season pass only included the "Legend of Beowulf mission and the two expansions. The Ultimate pack included the season pass and an Ultimate pack, which was the Way of the Berserker mission, Berserker Pack, Berserker Ship Pack, Berserker Settlement Pack, and a set of runes.

So you are correct that the Premium Starter Pack is not part of the season pass. Nor are all the add-ons listed in the store.

Thus, I will retract my earlier statement that it should have been part of the season pass if it is listed as an add-on. As the other packs listed in add-ons are not part of the season pass then I can see why it was listed there. Does it change the fact that I think those items should have been part of the season pass? No. But I cannot say Ubisoft was wrong for listing it under add-ons when currently only one of the items listed under add-ons is included in the season pass.

• Leventry94
    15 posts

Just another cash grab and I am really regretting buying that season pass, or anything else in that digital wallet [censored] store.

• WildHunt
    104 posts

@leoraptor1979 To quote the product description "includes an exclusive set of Mythical weapons", which these are not, they are base tier and cannot be upgraded at the forge even though every single other weapon can be, but these cannot? It is obviously a bug.

• afkoyuncu
    Original poster 16 posts

@jcar4327 Well, that pack is a part of the ultimate package deal. Berserker pack was a motive for people to buy the ultimate edition. The premium starter pack, however, is literally an add-on. They added it 1 month after the launch of the game. If they are listing this add-on under the add-ons section in the helix store (where you buy the expansions and the season pass), it should be a part of the season pass. I can say that I've never seen anything like this from other games or companies. If you buy the season pass, you will get all the DLC, add-ons, and expansions that are published after the game's release.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics