Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• epero
    17 posts

@quor321 I play it because I am completionist. It is much worse than Origin, or Odyssey. But it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Even if it will be game for 7 hours which I like and fihish 100 times, it doesn´t chane the fact that this is simply wrong. Whether I enjoy it, or not, whether I play it for long time, or not - it doesn´t change fact that season pass should give you everything. I don´t want something for nothing. I just want it worth overpriced price that I pay.

• epero
    17 posts

@dreadgrrl Things are working very well for them. People still prefer them. You know you have drak side with EA (Evil Actually) and light side where was CDPR. Yes, they messed up. Very much. But they are still far better than EA, or similar companies. And Ubisoft walking slowly, but systematicly and continuously over the years towards EA system.
    But true is, that whole state of AAA game companies is very bed, when CDPR even after they mess are still best example of customer friendly company.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@epero I've worked for many large public companies. I have an intimate understanding of how these things works. If you don't like the way large public companies operate, don't support them. That's YOUR choice as a consumer.

I don't have a president.

• epero
    17 posts

@dreadgrrl OK, I don´t know where you live, but it was just an example. Whether it is president, or anything else - you can act as nothing happened and let it be, or try to change it - if you want something like live in country, play a good game, eat a good food and if you do something for it like pay taxes, pay for game, pay for food. I think you get it, you just don´t want to acknowedge it.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@epero When it comes to public companies (like Ubisoft), our opinions as consumers aren't what matters. It is the shareholders' opinions that matter. They're the ones that actually get a vote.

As consumers, our only option is to vote with our wallet.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gloomseeker

fortnite is a free to play game, MTX are their only way to generate money, yet AC games are full priced game, so you cant compare those like they are the same.

Imagine if everyone at least spend 60 dollar per person within fortnite.... now mutliply 60 dollars for the amount of sales ac valhalla made.

anyway i wouldnt be bothered so much with mtz if they would be more reonable priced, but 20 dollars fro a pack, come on...

• epero
    17 posts

@dreadgrrl Yes, but shareholders can decided what they want, if customers were allied.
    But sadly it will not happened. Unless they torture a cat, or fire someone on the base of heir race, nothing will changed. Free market isn´t that free if customers behave like sheeps. IF there will be loud voice of criticism, then shareholders will notice. But without it they will not notice, since they sold their souls and they aren´t ashamed of anything.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 Not sure that's the best comparison. What little I know of fortnite it's graphics suck, it is mostly just a pvp/ base builder game with a few maps. I'm sure the overhead cost of making a game like Valhalla is far more expensive. It's possible game sales have not even covered the cost of making it yet. Like many products it's the accessories where money is made, in this case the store. Obviously I'm guessing a bit here but it would not surprise me if I was close.

• epero
    17 posts

@quor321 Please, stop believe in fairy tales.
    Big company will never go on such risk to make game that lose money and hoping it will bring profit from microtransactions. If the game will be bad, then there will be no microtransactions and they could go down with such game. You are very far away from true, which may surprise you.
    Yes, cost of making AAA game is high, but it is nicely covered by good sales. Games are sell now more than ever - maybe if you just watch some news, read some reports, you will not live in a bubble where you believe what companies selling microtransactions tells you. Just read some profit charts of companies. If game is good, sells good, than it bring enough to cover costs and bring profits to make shareholders happy and allow company to go forward and make another game. Microtransactions is just greed that even Scrooge will be ashamed of. I really don´t understand how can someone believe it. And it is just a matter of faith. If you read articles, check google, wikipedia, you will know it is no true. Even other companies which don´t do it have profit, which is another proof. This is really unbelievable.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@epero I made it clear It was a guess and not a belief. Regardless of how off I may be on that guess fortnite still don't compare to the cost of a game like Valhalla to make. I don't need research to tell me that.

As far as doing online research, now a days it is often what people want you to know not a complete truth. I rarely trust what I get from news of any kind. But that can vary with the subject.

Not sure my obvious guess merited that kind of response from you. You made a bunch of assumption about someone you know nothing about.

Fact: we all live in a bubble, bubble of our bias, that is not debatable.

• epero
    17 posts

@quor321 It is your right to not believe what you read. But if you don´t have enough facts, you shouldn´t be protecting company in duscussion based on guesses. If we don´t believe anything, then there is no point in discussing anything. And from many topics is clear that mostly are in favor of corporations people who really don´t know how market works and believe what corporation said, or people who are paid by corporation. Because we don´t talk here about some reptilian conspiracy, but about common facts of business, market, revenue and costs. And even companies alone state their yearly profits and many times they celebrate and let know to the world how good the year was for them. Some even go to the limit like Activision, when they announce that they have biggest profit in history and then they fire 800 emplyees. While CDPR paid bonuses regardless of launch problems.
    Ubisoft made great games, but over the years they fall into stereotype of copying their own games. And they arent EA, Activision, or Blizzard, they don´t neglect their fans like Bethesda, but they aren´t far away from it and proudly marching towards those toxic companies.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@epero Not attempting to protect anyone. Like all debates there are at least 2 sides if not more. I am simply giving a possibility on the subject.

I'm sure Ubi knows exactly how many sales are needed to cover costs, and probably have a desired goal before putting the game up for sale ( outside holidays ). This goal probably includes a lot of things you won't find in public records. Making profits and answering to the shareholders is definitely number one on that list. I'm sure it also includes funds for future games for us that enjoy them.

So, it could be greed or it could lead to another great bit of entertainment for us. Up to your little bias bubble on what side to take, if any.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@quor321

its unbelievable how ppl honestly think that MTX's are needed in order for a company to survive.
    Their entire game design is build around milking the customer. Giving crap ingame rewards in order for you to pay for better items in their store etc etc
    In odyssey xp came slow so ppl would get xp boosters and so forth.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@epero I am 41 years old. I know how company's work. To make money you have to find a way to. In the gaming industry micro transaction is where the money is made. You go to a movie it isnt the ticket that makes the theater money it is the snacks and drinks you buy that make the money.

I dont believe Santa will bring me presents since he doesn't exist.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@leoraptor1979

they make plenty of money just from selling the game itself.

at some point free 2 play games have been introduced and those games need MXT's in order to make money. If its a good game ppl are inlcined to spend some money.
    Now a bit further along full priced games started adding MTX's and shareholders and other mannagers realised what a fantastic way that is to milk to customer for even more money.

MMO's can be treated as as games as a service model as they get prolonged support. Yet these ubisoft games get support for max 1-2years and then its done. Just look at odyssey its not longer being supported, no new mercs added no new rewards added nothing and yet the MTX are still in place. Saying MTX are needed in order to provide content for us customer is just a fairy tale at this point.

Be serious and look at the state of valhalla, what awesome features have been added since release to warrant MTX's so the game can be made better?
    All the dlc is stuck behind a pay wall of the season pass, so be serious and just face it that MTX in full priced games dont add anything for the customer and thats just there to get more money.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gloomseeker

the big difference h ere though is that these ac release get support only for max a year then its done, where as fortnite has been out for years and years now and does get new content all the time and new patches and not.
    If you dont like the comparison with fortnite you can also check out path of exile. Also free to play yet super succesfull and it gets loads and loads of content all the time

It not ok to compare a free2play business model with a game that gets only support for a year and is a full priced game.

Speaking with ur wallet indeed, no more pre-orders from me and only buying game well after release so the game has no more bugs and all the content.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@asgardian02 How do you know they make enough just by making the game? They have to pay alot of people a percentage of the sale price so that would mean they don't get as much from saling a game as you think. It cost alot to make a game with only a small percentage going back to Ubisoft. If your going to complain about how they run there business then stop playing there games. Stop trying to make everyone agree with you when you don't even know what your talking about. Are you a business major?

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@asgardian02 It doesn't matter if you preorder the game or buy after release it will still have bugs. All games have bugs, name one game without bugs. The only way to get a game without bugs you would have to wait for the support to end but even then there will still be bugs. AC Odyssey still has alot bugs even after the 2 years of release.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@leoraptor1979

if you buy a game 6 months or more after release most bugs will have been patched out.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@asgardian02 That isnt always true.

Suggested Topics