ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Solved [RESOLVED] Unable to move the shelves to free the NPC in "The Demon Odour at the Tithe" | POST HERE

30 Likes/532 Replies/9901 Views
    Ratchit66
    12 posts

Updated this morning and was one of the first things I did... fully thought they’d have fixed this issue. I’ve used the work around by throwing the body at the moveable objects. I then moved all the moveable objects into the right place and still does not trigger the NPC to speak or move. So frustrated with this... I was on the road to 100% and a platinum trophy -.- so annoyed.

• HeimirS
    1 posts

Oh thank you thank you thank you!! The body trick worked for me! I was really getting desperate. Ofc it isnt ideal and i hope they fix it soon!

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

Same here - Xbox Series X

First of all, I didn't knew that someone has to show up, warehouse was empty. Later, when I came back to that warehouse, I suddenly saw a guy who told me to remove the obstacles. Now I have 3 shelves that I cannot move in any direction. Nothing helpes, either throwing corpses at shelves, nor exit the Animus, changing sex, etc.

• Severinus_Snape
    1 posts

Frustrated by this glitch. I’ve tried throwing dead bodies to clear the path and saving and loading trick to respawn the npc. No luck.

Now one of the movable crates just spawns inside an unmovable crate making it impossible to complete. Any updates on when this bug will be patched?

• Luvbeers7
    15 posts

So after messing around a bit with the work around last night I managed to finish it... 1st thing I did was destroy all the vases and reposition the crates to their original positions (with the body throw trick if needed) and then quick saved and reloaded. Eventually I had the NPC present mumbling to himself and I had the 1x1 on top of vases away from the wall. I used the grab and pull on the 1x1 on top of vases to get it over the railing and moved the 2x2 over and the NPC unlocked and left... here is the final position of the crates when it successfully unlocked the quest progress (you can see the guy coming):
    https://us-ugcservice-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/c4f15d67-1300-4e9e-bbe3-12e11a148e81/photo/e6c50d62-0675-4788-bb18-a26bafdb8946/data?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIA3JBVMQBZ4YXZBUNQ&Expires=1608710550&Signature=QU3OD9s6lDX0ozBJ4%2FcdMRBzR9I%3D: (https://us-ugcservice-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/c4f15d67-1300-4e9e-bbe3-12e11a148e81/photo/e6c50d62-0675-4788-bb18-a26bafdb8946/data?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIA3JBVMQBZ4YXZBUNQ&Expires=1608710550&Signature=QU3OD9s6lDX0ozBJ4%2FcdMRBzR9I%3D)

• Gizmo2k
    13 posts

@luvbeers7 Trouble is my 1x1 box is now jammed against the wall your Eivor is looking at, completely over the tracks it's supposed to be behind. I think it's permanently stuck on that sack that's in that corner. Spent another hour on it last night, hoping throwing a body would just 'catch an edge' to start it moving again, but nope, no chance. Tried reloads/close downs/quit to menus/deleting game and redownloading. Nothing. The guy's there but won't leave, even though there's NOTHING IN HIS STUPID [censored] WAY.

• CORN3R_POCK3TS
    23 posts

@gizmo2k I wish Ubisoft would actually update us on this thread ....

• Ratchit66
    12 posts

So after about an hour messing with the physics of the moveable crates I actually did it. The trick is position them into the correct areas so it triggers the NPC to spawn outside. If you smash all the jars and position the crates in certain spaces then save. Then reloading that save the crates will spawn on top of the jars. Using the throwing body method you can then move the crates while they are on top of the jars to get them in the correct spaces for the NPC to trigger. It was very tedious and finicky but it can be done. I lost hope doing this method but if you find out where the crates need to be, it can be done! Good luck and give me a shout if you’re struggling on it! Shoutout to the guy who actually started the throwing of the body!

• Krimpus_Chimpus
    6 posts

Also still having this issue, none of the suggestions have worked for me so far.

• RecklessCon
    3 posts

So I've tried all solutions posted and nothing has worked. Been on it for the past 3-4 hours. A few things I've noticed.

I don't think I ever actually started the quest. The guy is there banging at the door and it shows up on the map, but it never allowed me to walk up to him to start it as I've seen in other walkthroughs. Also, the guy banging on the door is an older male, but in all of the videos I've watched online, it appears to be a younger man.... weird.

I've fooled around with throwing bodies and moving the shelves to get them in the correct order for hours, but no matter what he doesn't want to get out. When I go into Odin's sight, he doesn't appear as a blue object like in other quests. I don't even feel like playing the rest of the game at this point.

Please fix UBI!

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

Same here - Xbox Series X.

First, the guy didn't show up. Later, when he suddenly appeared, I couldn't move the shelves.

• Paradonas
    9 posts

I just wanted to report a bug in Lunden, regarding a mystery. Located just north of the Thames River, west of the Temple of Sulis Minerva. A quest about a man stuck who wants help to get out where I am completely unable to move the first two movable boxes that you can attach a torch to. I could at first move the boxes but am now unable to when i moved behind the first one squeezing in with the help of autowalk after interacting with the side thats pointing inward originally blocked by 3 oil jars. 

This is very frustrating as I am unable to progress any further in my 100% completion. 
    It would be great if you could fix this thank you. 

These are my exact words that I wrote and didn't publish to your support because you've closed it entirely!?!? Not acceptable, also have a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brr3dzihscyaenh/Assassin%27s%20Creed%20Valhalla%202020-12-16%2020-02-48.mp4?dl=0: (https://dropbox.com/s/brr3dzihscyaenh/Assassin's%20Creed%20Valhalla%202020-12-16%2020-02-48.mp4?dl=0)

• Paradonas
    9 posts

I just wanted to report a bug in Lunden, regarding a mystery. Located just north of the Thames River, west of the Temple of Sulis Minerva. A quest about a man stuck who wants help to get out where I am completely unable to move the first two movable boxes that you can attach a torch to. I could at first move the boxes but am now unable to when i moved behind the first one squeezing in with the help of autowalk after interacting with the side thats pointing inward originally blocked by 3 oil jars. 

This is very frustrating as I am unable to progress any further in my 100% completion. 
    It would be great if you could fix this thank you. 

These are my exact words that I wrote and didn't publish to your support because you've closed it entirely!? Not acceptable, also have a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brr3dzihscyaenh/Assassin%27s%20Creed%20Valhalla%202020-12-16%2020-02-48.mp4?dl=0

• CORN3R_POCK3TS
    23 posts

You would think with the views and amount of response on the threads it would be on the main bug report page @ubi-champ

• torid110
    7 posts

I have the same issue ! It persisted from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0.

I am running on Xbox Series X.

• RecklessCon
    3 posts

Yup, 170 posts so far and a month has gone by. At least acknowledge it!

• Gizmo2k
    13 posts

WHY IS IT STILL NOT ADDED TO THE 'KNOWN' LIST???!!! Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Known Issues [Updated Dec 17] | Ubisoft Forums Absolutely pathetic.

• Abwag
    1 posts

I’m unable to start / complete the Lunden World Event “The Demon Odour at the Tithe”. No matter what I do, there is never an NPC to talk to to complete this mystery. The jars always spawn underneath the moveable objects and when I smash the jars Eivor does not throw up like he/she is supposed to. Is this a known issue? It’s the only thing left for me to do and I really cannot find a way to cheese/fix it into completion! Thanks

• HarBuggley
    7 posts

@luvbeers7 Holy holy I love you. Can confirm this worked for me, although it spawned two of the guy. The one I’d rescued already and another trapped. Hahah wasn’t gonna play with fire so I just spoke to the saved one not the other one lmao. Thank you so much

• JysoDragneel
    1 posts

Even though I've tried several methods to fixing the Lunden warehouse mystery, it's still bugged for me, but rather awkwardly. As far as I can tell, based on the actual solving of this puzzle, a box is in the completely wrong area, and the guy won't talk to me except mumble something. He won't move or anything. Please, is there any way this can be fixed?

The tall, thin, 1 block wide box is stuck in the wrong area somehow, it's jumped over the short block that stops it from being moved that way. Please help.

Suggested Topics