Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] Unable to move the shelves to free the NPC in "The Demon Odour at the Tithe" | POST HERE

30 Likes/532 Replies/8839 Views
    Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

I have merged several threads discussing this issue with moving the shelves in the world event "The Demon Odour at the Tithe" into this new megathread, and we'll keep you all up-to-date with the latest information about the investigation into this issue here from now on. Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide images, videos and workarounds since our last post - I've passed it all onto the developers for them to review, and those that had already been submitted have been crucial to the investigation.

So far, the issue has been reproduced by the developers and further investigation into the cause is currently underway. I'm aware after reading this thread that there seems to be another issue with the world event - that the NPC does not spawn - and in reference to this I would ask that these reports are written in this separate megathread from here on in. This will allow us to track and investigate the two issues properly.

A number of workarounds have been shared throughout the thread; please give these a try while we continue to work on the issue. Thank you all for your patience and understanding so far, and I hope to be able to share a more substantial update very soon. To those of you who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas - and I hope that you're currently enjoying the rest of the content Assassin's Creed Valhalla has to offer!

Official Response
  • CORN3R_POCK3TS
    23 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you I really appreciate someone finally looking at this I luckily was able to get this working after a few weeks however I am happy it will be addressed so others wont have to keep dealing with this!!

Happy Holidays!

• Gizmo2k
    13 posts

@corn3r_pock3ts Going to give it another bash, literally 😉

• Zh4rkeim
    4 posts

I have another problem, I can move the shelf that spawns on top of the jars, and I can move the smaller shelf, my problem is that I have another shelf that as far as I can tell shouldn't exist, I have 3 double shelves and a small one.

Here you can see it beside the one that spawns on top of the jars, just beyond the gap.
    undefined
    undefinedAnd here you can see it from the other side, no matter what I throw at it I can never move it, so I can't get it out of the way, anyone has the same bug?

• tfrazier28
    1 posts

Will this bug get fixed with a patch or do we just have to never be able to complete the game 100%.... if the mission can’t be done until a certain time in the game don’t show it or allow players to create a glitch. Some people like to complete everything around the area before they complete the main events. Need a fast travel or something so we can have this mission completed

• Kbanause
    7 posts

I hope this will get fixed soon. For me, it's the 1x1 shelf that spawns in the wrong rails which causes the NPC not to move his place. I tried several workarounds (including the dead bodies) but whenever I try to put a body beneath the 1x1 shelf it shatters the vase and the shelf falls down to the floor and I have to reload a savegame again.

• Kbanause
    7 posts

Here's a picture of what it looks for me.
    The 1x1 shelf should be on the left of beam 1 but instead it's on the right side.
    undefined

• MarsMuseMan
    8 posts

@daylite-24 same issue for me on the series x. Jars are under the objects I need to slide. Now the trapped NPC seems to have disappeared as well.

Please fix!

• LordChappers
    6 posts

@ubi-baron thanks to @AbsoluteBarnes I can now see that the major issue is the 1x1 box spawning on the wrong side of it's track. I know nothing about how games are made, but surely there is a way to make it spawn in the right place (and for the boxes to spawn before the vases)?

I'm now going to give his resolution a go, but I'll have to keep reloading saves until either:

• The box spawns in the correct place.
    • The box spawns in the wrong place, but on top of vases so it can be moved by strategically placing and throwing corpses.

Unfortunately the latter seems more likely! Wish me luck!

• LordChappers
    6 posts

@lordchappers got lucky and on the 4th load it spawned on top of the rails so it could be manipulated into the correct area. Thanks @AbsoluteBarnes!

• Marcel_330
    2 posts

@zh4rkeim
    I got the same issue as you portraied on your pictures.
    I tried everything throwing bodys on the 2x1 shelf which blocks the way out. It is totaly stuck there. No way to move it for me.
    I tried anything. Changing the gender, throwing bodys, exiting into the animus and going back. Nothing worked for me.
    Also the NPC didn‘t bug through the wall like it did for some using the work arounds.

This is the last thing what I need for 100% Platinum Trophy.
    Hope this will be patched via the next update.

• Chrissy834
    1 posts

So I began this quest a while ago and realized it was bugged so decided to come back later. But now it is the last thing I need to do and it seems worse!

Before I just couldn’t move one of the shelves, but recently I threw a dead body at it to get it to move and finally made a clear path but the guy still won’t move and just mumbles in another language, now every time I reload the jars are back and shelves all messed up again, (I’ve also tried exiting to the animus, reloading the game, waiting for him behind the shack, etc) any help would be appreciated!

• Zh4rkeim
    4 posts

@marcel_330 I've still got ways to got until I finish it all, but I must admit, finding myself stuck with that mystery has dampened my drive to finish it for now, I didn't receive any weapons from the legendary hunts either, and until this last patch, two of my legendary beast heads weren't even displayed in my longhall.
    All in all I'm loving the game and I'm enjoying playing it, but these kinds of bugs detract from the overall experience, I don't mind minor bugs, but unfinishable quests and missing quest rewards are pretty mayor problems to me.

• Marcel_330
    2 posts

@zh4rkeim
    Sorry to hear that bro. I know some player out there have more or less bugs in the Ubisoft games. Its so different and i fully understand your frustration. Sadly buyable content skins etc etc so to speak microtransactions are added „weekly“ but bugfixes are taking months. Don‘t get me wrong i love Ubisoft games i always play AC WatchDogs and Far Cry, but this bug is discussed since 1-2 months and it was adresses early this month to the developers (added to the known bugs and issues list)

I hope that you continue the game and don‘t let your fun level depend on this bug(s).
    The beast heads weren‘t displayed by me either but thats not a big issue. The missing legendary loot from the beasts is something which really gets on your nervs i know.

Hope we will see a fix for the World event soon and for the one you got specifically.

• Edhelvar
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for the support and keeping us updated! Just one question, any idea if this will be fixed by the time of the next patch update? Asking because this and Goneril are the only things missing for me to get the platinum, and although I've tried some of the workarounds with no success, if this will should be fixed at the same time I'll just wait and stop trying right now.

• Joeymax35
    2 posts

I'm unable to complete this side mission. The vases are stuck underneath the shelves and some shelves I can't move

• kewbee428
    2 posts

Maybe this quest can be made into an optional quest or eliminated from the game altogether. It's keeping people like myself from 100% completion for waaay too long.

• Gizmo2k
    13 posts

@kewbee428 They'll say they're looking into it, which they say they are, but then it won't get fixed next patch I bet. Even though this has been know about as soon as people first made it to Lunden. I don't have any faith in 1000/1000 this on the Xbox at all. I hope I'm wrong.

• Nox1a
    2 posts

Just another person locked out of the platinum trophy by this one quest.

• Zh4rkeim
    4 posts

@joeymax35 the shelves that spawn on top of the jars can be "fixed" by throwing bodies at them, as long as they spawn in the correct place at least.

Suggested Topics