Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Leventry94
    Original poster 15 posts

Valhalla was my introduction to the Assasins Creed franchise and I didn’t know what to expect. I love vikings; if reincarnation is a thing I totally want to be a viking in my next life. That being said I enjoyed the game but after I played through it twice I just decided to play Origins today and I went from content to disappointed real fast. Valhalla is literally a shell of the game it should be like origins but with better graphics.

There are SO many things they did away with that shouldn’t have and then there’s the elephant in the room that Valhalla is broken. It’s bugged and glitched to hell. I really hope Ubisoft pulls together and 1. Fixes the game and 2. Takes our advice to add some of the things that should have been there on release day. Something makes me doubt that will happen as I think the game is nothing but a cash grab, but we’ll see

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@leventry94 I’ve played all of the AC games except for the first one. Most of them were underwhelming to me. I never really liked Ezio. I loathed Edward. I adored Shae.

Origins was the first one to really impress me. It blew me away. I played it compulsively. Bayek is my favourite Assassin. I was even more impressed with Odyssey than I was with Origins.

I find Valhalla pretty blasé. IMO, it’s a return to the underwhelming. I personally find it pretty disappointing.

I’m sorry that you’re now disappointed with Valhalla, but I’m pleased you’ve discovered the gem that is Origins. 🙂

(Try Odyssey next!)

• Leventry94
    Original poster 15 posts

Yeah odyssey is next on my list. I’m not really even sure if the first couple games are gonna interest me, but origins is really good so far and playing as a spartan next is pretty exciting!

• GrimRose0.TSB
    3 posts

@leventry94 Odessy has all the mechanics that Valhalla should have had in it, but isn't as "Fresh" feeling as Valhalla, you'll see when I mean when you get it.

Basically Valhalla being released after Odessy, you'll see how "Lacking" it is in comparison.

• GrimRose0.TSB
    3 posts

If they made another game that mixed all the mechanics of Ac:Rev, AC:OD, AC:Val, and AC:BF, they'd finally have a game worthy of the absurd price range.

Skill/Ability system/Conquest mode/Combat system of Val, Crew mechanics, Territory battle/cosmetic control and Water exploration/INV system/World Size of OD, Water combat and exploration of BF, and Creed Customization/TD mode/equipment mechanics of Rev, that would be solider ground work for any AC game they could think of.

They do everything right in a catagory for one game, then toss it in the next one. It's a real shame, but ey.

• longjohn119
    784 posts
    @leventry94 I’ve played all of the AC games except for the first one. Most of them were underwhelming to me. I never really liked Ezio. I loathed Edward. I adored Shae.

Origins was the first one to really impress me. It blew me away. I played it compulsively. Bayek is my favourite Assassin. I was even more impressed with Odyssey than I was with Origins.

I find Valhalla pretty blasé. IMO, it’s a return to the underwhelming. I personally find it pretty disappointing.

I’m sorry that you’re now disappointed with Valhalla, but I’m pleased you’ve discovered the gem that is Origins. 🙂

(Try Odyssey next!)

I think they really dropped the ball with Rogue ..... Not that it's a bad game or a bad story it's just the main story felt like it was only half the length it should have been and only touched on maybe 25% of the maps ...... If they had fleshed out the main story to make it as long as Black Flag or Unity it would have been one of their best .... It was interesting because you got to see the other side of the story and to me it really set up Odyssey in that it made you realize that both extremes were not good and that the real truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two extremes ..... Complete Control (Templars) or Complete Chaos (Assassins) is not good, you need to strive a a balance somewhere in between ..... As far as I can tell they just dropped the balancing act completely in Valhalla but I didn't play it long enough to see how the modern day part played out but no one seems to be talking about it leading me to believe that it's not even an important part of the story like it was in Odyssey

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@leventry94 odyssey is the worst AC in the franchise in my opinion, yes it has probably the best gameplay wise out of the entire franchise, but storywise, is so cliche and annoying, the plot is annoying, i skipped everything i didnt really care about the story in AC odyssey, origins, was really good story wise, seriously, i loved origins, valhalla is better then odyssey in story, also the map is WAY better then odyssey, it may be smaller, but more detailed and refreshing, odyssey map was all the same, everywhere u go, feel the same... the only thing i misss from odyssey are the gameplay mechanics, but apart from that, odyssey is just an spin off, not an actual AC game

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@leventry94 Unless you play from the very first game, you will have no idea what the lore and modern line are about. Valhalla in fact has ties to previous titles, and if you don't know the plots of those titles you may not fully understand the importance of certain characters or scenes.

And let us just say every AC title has its strengths and weaknesses. I played and finished all the main titles. I like some of them more and some less, but let us appreciate what they offer us.

• bizantura
    14 posts

I liked Odyssey also much better. I started playing AC from origins and I am apparantly no AC fan. This game would be far better if the AC nonsense would be cut out of it.
    The AC story is nothing but a basic revenge story tacked / inserted on another story. The ISU atlantis dlc story from Odyssey was the same uninspriring tripe I never got thru.
    At least, that was a dlc. Now that tripe is weaven thru the main story and I dislike it with a passion. It is time consuming and nonsensical.
    Maybe the game could use a slider in the "options menu" RPG with or without AC content. I would definitely use it.

This snippit explaines it well but be warned SPOILER.

Suggested Topics