Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pprchase
    Original poster 1 posts
    • When completing 'Holy Day', you are instructed to help your three allies. When helping Guthrum, you're prompted to "Capture the thegn", tying up a noble. Holding Y to tie up the thegn fills the "action meter", but the thegn is not actually tied up. Can't progress with quest until thegn is tied up.
    • Just happened when I progressed to this point in the story (12/27/20)
    • On my first attempt, I helped Guthrum first and encountered the bug. I loaded a previous save and helped the other allies, coming to Guthrum last. The bug remains.
    • Build: Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb DDR4 RAM, RTX 2070 Super. Using Xbox One Controller (wired).
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adeosu7
    1 posts

@pprchase just experienced the same issue. Cannot proceed.

• Vrielinkie
    2 posts

For me this worked: select any mission (for me it was Breaking the Order), travel to Norway. De-select the mission and travel back to England. I arrived in Ravensthorpe and Holy Day appeared and I could continue.

Good luck!

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I had the same problem just now on the Xbox One. Holding Y to tie up the thegn, filling the bar completely but not actually being tied up.

A workaround for me was to first help Brodir at the garrison, capturing the thegn as the last objective to be done. This allowed me to actually tie him up. It is still a bug though. Or you are required to both first do Ljuvina and Brodir, and then go to the longhouse, or the bug that you can't capture him should be squashed. The current situation is annoying and confusing.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 794 posts

@kennyannydenny Thank you for the update with the workaround that helped with this issue for you! Our team has gone back to review this quest recently and is looking into a fix within a later patch. I don't have any further information right now, but make sure to check out our thread here for more updates moving forward.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics