Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NeOVoltron
    Original poster 104 posts

This started happening yesterday (27/12/2020) - I've been accepting two contracts but one of the two seems to always be omitted from the map and quest log.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Lysvander
    47 posts

Had the same problem, stopped accepting from Reda, and only took 'em one at a time from one of his helpers. Found Lunden to be the easiest. Could complete them both that way.
    (Could just be luck, but i had also tried one at a time from Reda, and had the second disappear, so didn't try again.)

• NeOVoltron

@lysvander That could be a possible workaround, thanks so much for sharing that mate! I will try this method tomorrow and update the discussion!

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@lysvander
    Thanks for that, it just started happening on the ps4.
    That means they've done a hotfix which has screwed this up.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@jsrg1840 Only 1 again today. Didn't even go to Reda today. Went to Lunden -- which gave 2 yesterday. ugh.

• NeOVoltron
    Had the same problem, stopped accepting from Reda, and only took 'em one at a time from one of his helpers. Found Lunden to be the easiest. Could complete them both that way.
    (Could just be luck, but i had also tried one at a time from Reda, and had the second disappear, so didn't try again.)

This seems to work. I tested it yesterday and today just to make sure. Accept contracts from his associate in Lunden and do it one at a time - as in, accept one, complete it, go back to Lunden and accept the other one.

Thanks again!

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@neovoltron Didn’t work for me today. Logged in, fast traveled to Lunden. Was only offered 1 contract. Completed it. Went back and none were offered. Tried Reda just for the heck of it, also none offered.

• NeOVoltron

@la_frankie Odd, I really thought that was a good workaround because it fixed the problem for me twice but I guess it's just something they will have to patch next. Disappointing...

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@neovoltron I’m going to reinstall today. This almost never works on a console game but worth a shot. I’ll report back this weekend.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

Update: after only receiving 1 contract from Lunden NPC on Thursday, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Friday, I rec'd 2 daily contracts from Reda. Completed both without an issue. Today, only rec'd 1 daily from Reda upon logging in.

Today, I attempted the travel to Norway and back to England prior to interacting with Reda. Still didn't help.

At this point, every other day is 1 daily contract. It's adding up and the frustration is growing.

Still no official reply on this issue which is lame.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

This works for me but I don't do Lundun every day. I switch to different locations to get the quests. Also, you will get no response from the Devs as they are still on Holidays till the 4th Jan.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@vanadiumcobalt I will be shocked if we get a response here by a Dev at all.

My support ticket also probably sits a good 2-4 weeks before a reply. Oh well.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@neovoltron Official reply from Ubisoft on this issue:

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Best regards,

Ubi-Bean
  • NeOVoltron

@la_frankie Ah okay that's good. We just have to wait for a fix now.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@neovoltron I was hoping the Yule festival was the cause of the issue but Reda today only offered 1 daily contract again. So annoying. Basically this breaks the opal system which is the only real carrot for players that want to play long term/daily.

• Kormac67
    613 posts

@la_frankie Just get first contract from Reda, do it, then get second contract from associate. Works every time.
    I take the one in Lincoln and pick up the titanium there while I'm at it.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@kormac67 AGAIN.... Reda and his associates on some days are only offering ONE (1) contract. No matter if you complete it or not, there is no 2nd contract offered at any of the Thousand Eyes NPCs.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

Kind of disappointed that this issue is NOT listed in the updated Known Issues posted a few days ago.

There are two variants of Reda/Thousand Eyes Daily Contracts not working as intended.

1. Some days Reda/Thousand Eyes only offers 1 daily, regardless if it is completed or not, there is no 2nd contract offered by Thousand Eyes.
    2. After completing one Daily from Reda/Thousand Eyes, the second disappears from Quest Log.
  • Kormac67
    613 posts

@la_frankie Worked today just like every single day.
    Only take ONE contract from Reda, do it, then take second contract from associate.

• LA_Frankie
    49 posts

@kormac67 That would be great if Reda was offering more than 1 per day. But he is ONLY OFFERING 1 DAILY CONTRACT PER DAY. Once the one is completed, that's it. No more are offered from any of the Thousand Eyes. This is a different bug from the one where people initially see 2 daily contracts but can only complete one. Different bug. Same NPC.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics