Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DuskDragon56496
    Original poster 382 posts

I was putting mastery points in when I noticed afterward that it didn't seem like they had added anything,so,after collecting 9 mastery points I put 3 into each category and this was the result,btw,this for some reason isn't margining very well but I'll do my best,my apologies if it's off.
    Range Damage 123-125
    Range Resistance 121-121
    Health 329-331
    Assasination Damage 151-151
    Evasion 186-186
    Melee Damage 121-121
    Melee Resistance 121-121
    This means that after 3 points in each category only the health and range damage had an increase of 2 and 3 points respectively,I really hope this is a glitch or a mistake because if this is indeed the case the mastery points are completely useless and shouldn't even be termed mastery points,a third of a point per are you kidding?Exactly what good is this?Do yourselves a favor and save your points for the upcoming new skills because putting any into the So-Called "mastery Points"will be a waste of points.I simply cannot believe this is what the devs intended but if it is, it doesn't surprise me!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• achillesmele
    2 posts

@duskdragon56496 This is accurate, honestly mastery points are a waste of time. Every 3 Mastery Points is 1.5 to Health and depending on what tree it is, they add as little as 0.33 to 0.20 per point. I am going to be doing a Video on this topic outlining it.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 I don't think saving the points would matter. They are separated from regular skill points and cannot be used to assign to the skill tree. I had the three new skills show up and had a mastery point and it would not let me assign it there, only to one of the three mastery point nodes.

• DuskDragon56496

I agree mastery points are a waste of time if this is the limit of their use,it serves no benefit to the game whatsoever,in fact,it's holding the player back since we're literally losing skill points in place of an ineffective point system that is supposed to fine tune our character.I wasn't aware of that jcar but in that event I'd say probably the best thing when people reach 400 may be to just start a new game,because this master system is badly flawed!

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 The whole skill tree/power progression system is flawed. And mastery points, as the system is now, really don't need to over-pump players more than they already are. I mean there are several threads of people complaining they are way over leveled by the time they move into the next area of the game. Max power required for any area is 340, so at 400 power do you really need to gain huge amounts of power from the mastery points?

They need to separate the skill tree from power progression. Someone suggested using a slider to control power. I suggested splitting current skill points in half to make skill points and power points. So when you level you get one skill point for the skill tree and one power point to increase your power. Instead of the mastery point nodes appearing after reaching 400, make them permanent power nodes. This would allow players to gain skills without affecting their power; and, it would slow power progression so that it falls more in line with the recommended power for each region. But, as I am not a coder I do not know if this is even possible or if it would be difficult for them to separate skill progression from power progression.

• DuskDragon56496

I'm in agreement that people are already overpowered but the mastery point system should be way better than this,there are plenty of other stats the the points could have been put in place to help, critical damage, poison,defense, fire defense and so on some of mine are only in the 60s,the player should have the choice of where the points would be best used for them not the devs,this is the entire problem, the player is handcuffed to make any creative decisions at all in a game where it's supposed to be your adventure,Think about how extremely limited our choices effect the game,decisions so minor the outcome has 2 choices,a good or a bad ending.Hardly a bold venture for a game that claims your choices affect outcome.Maybe it's my over expectation that this game should be better because of the greatness of Ubisofts past games but this game just does not impress. for example, when they were talking about displaying legendary kills I thought they were going to have the animals in an attacking pose in the longhouse,that would have been amazing to see,and it's not like the longhouse doesn't have the room
    for it,and what do we get,heads on a wall,how thrilling!Another shortcut! Sorry I strayed from the point,Anyway something needs to be done about this mastery point system because it;s just a waste of time in the present state and it certainly is no benefit to the player.

Suggested Topics