Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

PS4, wired internet connection.

Up until last week Reda's daily contracts were working perfectly. I was able to get 2 daily contracts W-M, and on Tues I would get two daily, plus the weekly contract for a total of 3.
    However, last week out of the blue I rec'd only one daily contract on a Saturday. On Sunday, it was back up to 2 dailies.
    Today, on reset, I rec'd 1 weekly but only 1 daily.

tldr; On some days, Reda suddenly started only giving 1 daily contract instead of 2.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

Same here on ps4 with same internet connection type.

Reda quests worked perfectly until two days ago and I've been logging in daily as well.
    Today the weekly quest I recieved from reda wouldn't let me confirm the kill and the quest disappeared from the log.
    Yesterday the same happened with the two daily quests so that's 30 opals I'm out of.

I didnt want to chance it today so only took the one quest from him and intended to go back and get the others one but one

Having seen the bug reports on it yesterday and that people had found that getting the quests from people besides reda worked I did that instead and they worked fine and as normal.

As I've said in other threads, even if you're going to hotfix it everyday at least TELL people you're doing it. Bugs like this dont just appear after a month unless ubisoft has changed things in the background.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@jsrg1840 Thnx for heads up.

So you're suggested as others have posted, that I should try grabbing the daily contracts from one of Reda's associates rather than Reda himself?

Also, where did you read about this bug? You mentioned 'bug reports', are those here in the forums?

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@la_frankie yes here on the player support forums

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@jsrg1840 Any chance you can point me to where the bug reports are that list this issue? I checked the daily bug submissions and searched but no luck.

Today I traveled to Lunden and got 2 daily contracts from the kid there. So that worked this time.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@la_frankie
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/91060/pc-bug-reda-s-daily-contracts-keep-disappearing/1

If you do an advanced search of " reda " posted over last two weeks you'll see this issue with the workaround posted again and again.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@la_frankie

For me, accepting only one also resulted in the other one disappearing sometimes.

Only restarting the game before accepting them (Play on XSX) seems to be a solution.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@b00msie On PS4 here. Today I tried logging in, fast traveling to Vinland, returning to Lunden, spoke with Reda's associate there and he only had 1 contract.

This is a huge bummer.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@la_frankie

I have the same experience. That’s why I restart and only do the missions, nothing else. If possible I avoid fast travel after accepting them.

• Kormac67
    831 posts

@b00msie I always fast travel after accepting them - how else would you even get close?
    Go to Reda, check shop, take first contract.
    Fulfill it.
    Go to one of his associates (I take the one in Lincoln near the harbor way point), take second quest, fulfill it.
    If it's Tuesday, take 3rd quest from Associate as well.
    This has worked for me every time since the problem came up (around when the Yule feast started).

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@kormac67

I always save near Reda. Restart the game, accept missions from Reda. They are mostly near (one is almost always in walking distance) and if somewhat further I travel by boat.

I finished the game and have done everything except the bugged Lunden event. Play the game every day since release. Most Reda mission were in walking/riding distance. It seems a repeatable cycle of 5 or 6 different locations, not like in Origins, where I had to travel all over the map.

If the target is in a stone (which happened about 10 times so far) I have fast travel away. But I noticed there is a change the other mission will disappear then.

I always look with the raven for yellow dot opportunities while I am underway, but I don’t wander away from the target.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@b00msie that’s the problem though. Reda on some days is only offering 1 contract!

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@la_frankie

Since restarting the game and immediately go to Reda and first checking the daily offer (to make sure the Ubisoft servers are online) I always get 2.

Two times after fast travelling, 1 time because the target was stuck in a stone, one of the tasks disappeared, so I try to prevent fast travelling now during the daily Reda missions.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@b00msie Did that exact thing again this morning and only rec'd 1 contract from Reda.

I have to believe it is a known bug by now. It started happening right after the yule festival so hopefully it will go away when they shut down the Yule event tomorrow. If not, it is a game breaking bug for me because farming opals is all there is to do at this point.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@la_frankie

I also had it before the Yule festival. I believe it has to do with the connectivity to their servers. My internet connection is great. All is wired and other connections never drop. It is something in Valhalla and/or the Ubisoft servers.
    All solutions lower the change that it will happen, but none are 100%. Next time it may be better to wait a year before buying another Ubisoft game, the amount of bugs at launch seem to increase with each release.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

Official response on this issue:

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Best regards,

Ubi-Bean
  • LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

@b00msie FWIW Reda is still only offering 1 daily contract on some days. Even after the Yule festival has ended. I was hopeful that maybe the Yule festival was the source of the issue. Nope.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 93 posts

Official reply, again not adding much info:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support.

We are investigating this issue and I am sure the development team will update known issues after they have received more reports.

Thanks,
    Ubi-Kaytea
  • mentraton
    27 posts

This bug is still or better again in the game.
    It’s so annoying each second day I only have one mission! It was fixed but appeared again after the end of the last festival.

There is no way for me to make the 2. quest to show up! Please fix this!

• Kormac67
    831 posts

@mentraton This is only an issue in Ireland and France. In England it works. Have you tried?

Suggested Topics