Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    942 posts

@mentraton have you changed your Level Scaling by any chance?

• mentraton
    27 posts

@bielik01 Yes I have enabled the scaling to the 2. highest level. Does that break the daily contracts?

@kormac67 I have not started the Ireland and France DLC (due to bugs preventing me from playing the main game since many month until 1.3.1) so I start every day in my settlement and take the quest(s) directly at Reda.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

Hello everyone. Thank you to all of you for reaching out about this issue with Reda only offering one daily contract at times, and for sharing the responses you've gotten from Support! I can confirm that the team is currently investigating this issue, though I don't currently have any estimates on when it will be resolved. That being said, do any of you happen to notice a pattern on when this seems to happen? Is it only when specific contracts come up? Or after updates? Video clips of this issue would also be much appreciated as well!

Thank you so much once again!

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

I thought someone on these forums figured out that it was always the animal kill contract that was missing. My guess is there is something problematic with the animal spawns which precludes the contract from being offered. Maybe animals don't level-scale correctly either? And I have seen other reports of hardly any animals in Ireland which might be why its more of an issue there. If someone can confirm they are not getting animal contracts, that would help. I hardly play anymore, and if I do, I run around the map to the other thousand eyes contacts to avoid this annoying problem.

• bielik01
    942 posts

@mentraton yeah, there's a separate megathread for Level Scaling preventing taking second daily quest from Reda.

• mentraton
    27 posts

@lemmie88 Hi, I definitely had the kill a wolf near the village quest with level scaling enabled a couple of times.
    I’m not sure about the wolf near the snake tree. Have not seen that for a while.

I accept the daily’s in the village every day so there is no variation for me.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1049 posts

Hey @lemmie88 , @bielik01 and @mentraton - thanks for your insights into this, after UbiStorm's call for more information there. We really appreciate it! I've passed this on to our team to help with our investigation.

Official Response
  • mentraton
    27 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hi I now can confirm that the bug is caused by the level scaling. Today there was again only one quest. After finishing it I changed the level scaling to normal and after the reload the second quest killing the wolf near the tree with the snake (only Know the german quest name Vertrag: Makabre Entdeckung) appeared. That’s the quest I mentioned earlier as have not seen for a while.

So there is at least a workaround until it’s fixed.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Thanks for sharing an update of your additional findings with us, @mentraton, and for letting us know that changing the level scaling will allow you to access more of Reda's quests. I'm glad to hear that this workaround has resolved the issue for you 😄

The development team are aware of an issue wherein if the level scaling has been changed, Reda may sometimes be missing one of his daily quests. Players have reported that this daily quest tends to be related to hunting down an animal. As @bielik01 has mentioned, we also have an ongoing Megathread for this investigation.

I've passed your report along to the development team so they can take a closer look at it. I'd recommend following the linked Megathread for any future updates about this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

@mentraton That's good info! I should have clarified that I did not mean to say every animal contract is missing, but that when there is a missing contract, it is the animal kill. And the missing contract still happens with level-scaling off, just with less frequency.

Actually, your post reminded me that there used to be a boar kill contract from Reda where the boar would be unkillable (spawned/sunk inside a boulder) and you couldn't complete the contract. Have you ever seen this boar contract? There was never any resolution posted, but I wonder if some haphazard bandaid "fix" for that issue might be connected to this one. Just a shot in the dark!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Thanks for sharing your additional thoughts on this issue, @lemmie88 - including with regard to the boar-hunting contracts which previously were problematic to complete. I am unsure if this information will help the development team in any way, as they have not yet been able to reproduce the issue and are still investigating, however I have passed it forward to them just in case!

We'll keep you all updated here in this thread and other relevant threads with news as we receive it. Thanks. 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with some more information from the investigation. The development team have asked if any players who are missing a daily quest can provide us with some additional information in their report. In particular, the development team would like to know the date and time you noticed one of the daily quests was missing from the quest board.

If you can include an image which shows how much time is remaining for the visible daily/weekly challenges, as well as that only one daily quest is available from Reda, this would be helpful for the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics