Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• levertheclyde
    Original poster 1 posts

Is there a chance that this game will go to steam?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WildHunt
    67 posts

@levertheclyde Probably not, I believe the deal Ubisoft have with Epic is working well for them and will last a while. Unless Steam changes its revenue split to match Epic, I doubt Ubisoft would go back but I don't speak for them, just my own opinion.

• Cyberaapje
    1 posts

Kinda late but i think it does eventually...
    First sell on Ubi/Epic, when sales drop discount, when exlusivity deal with Epic is over and there is almost no sales...
    Release it on Steam and charge full price 😉
    Max profit, its all about money.

• WildHunt
    67 posts

@cyberaapje The Ubisoft deal with Epic isn't timed exclusivity, it is full exclusivity. The deal itself probably will have an expiry date though, and when that time comes I am sure they will look at Steam again but Steam doesn't want to budge on its terms.

I get your point about selling the game on Steam full price but that doesn't seem to be what other Epic timed exclusives are doing, they sell on Epic full price and then a year later sell it on Steam at whatever is the current discount on Epic. So, releasing on Steam at full price would probably earn them a ton of bad reviews and maybe seen as greedy double-dipping at full price, because all you would have to do is see it being sold at much cheaper on Epic and Ubisoft.

I think it is all about the money, you are right there. Only 6% of developers on Steam agree that the 30% revenue split is fair, this was from a survey done at a game dev conference in 2019. It isn't just 30% off the base game sales either that Steam takes, it is also 30% off DLCs and anything sold in the in-game shop. Steam makes a staggering amount of money off their revenue split, the last figure I saw in 2017 was around $4 billion. One does have to ask where is the line on healthy profit vs greed when you are making that kind of money per year, which would come nowhere near an operating cost and developers are leaving your platform.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@cyberaapje The Ubisoft deal with Epic isn't timed exclusivity, it is full exclusivity. The deal itself probably will have an expiry date though

Worst contradiction I've ever seen on these forums.

Make up your mind.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@netspook What they meant is, it's not 1 year or six months, but a proper deal covering all their games, which will also timeout at some point, in maybe 5 years, at which point Ubi may sell on Steam again, or may not.

I get why people want all their games on Steam as it's easier to handle, but since you need the Uplayer anyway, I stopped caring, plus at least you get something for achievements on Uplay - on Steam they are pointless. Also, while I'm not a fan of all this Helix credits bs, I totally get why one wouldn't want to hand over 30% of one's profit to Steam for them doing nowhere near 30% of the effort when other alternatives are available.

• KmarkoPL
    105 posts

@levertheclyde
    SCREW STEAM !!
    I hope Ubisoft never get back to that CRAP platform!

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @levertheclyde
    SCREW STEAM !!
    I hope Ubisoft never get back to that CRAP platform!

Calm down.

Don't know why you're so upset about Steam - Ubi always sells from their own shop too, meaning it has ZERO impact for someone like you. For me, having most games in one single library isn't a bad thing, but it really doesn't matter that much.

For customers it's excellent having both Steam and Ubisoft Connect, since their sales usually are independent of each other, giving us more opportunities to get a good deal.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics