Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dlmthree
    Original poster 77 posts

I could swear that in Odyssey I could do the weekly mission + the dailies everyday and get enough orichalcum to get a weekly deal.

Valhalla rewards you 20 opal for the weekly and 5 per daily (2 dailies), so that's 90 opal per week. Not even enough for the middle deal worth 120 opal. I guess Odyssey was too generous and you don't want people getting too many of these items costing RL money.

Upping the weekly from 20 to 50 would already help a lot...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@dlmthree I was discussing this in another thread last week. They definitely need to increase the rewards because you should be able to get at least one item a week. 150 opals is what the big items cost, 120 is like the middle number, with 50 the lowest I have seen. So even increasing the daily to 50 would not allow you to get the higher priced item for the week. Another daily quest would only get you to 140, so the weekly would be 30. But they should go to 50 and that gives a safety net in case you miss dailies once. Or increase the dailies to 10. That would be 140 plus the 20 for 160.

Edit: Or reduce the cost of the items.

• Quor321
    232 posts

I feel the amount is fine. I would never waste my time trying to get a full gear set with them so I save for mounts or maybe a weapon I want. I had hundreds before I used any.

Even if it did reward more and your goal was to get a gear set you could wait for a year to finally see a whole set go through Redu's shop. The idea is that it needs to be a hard decision, not enough to buy everything that comes through.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@dlmthree What weekly missions? Where are these found at?
    thanks for any info

• axlslak23
    98 posts

@prodigurl there are 2 types of reda misssions. 1 type that you get 2 missions a day with a timer of 24 hours worth 5 opals and the second type is a weekly mission, with a timer of a week worth 20 opals.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@axlslak23 I had no idea . . I think somebody said Reda's at my settlement so I'll try to find him there.
    Thanks so much, I'll start this tomorrow morning 🙂

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@prodigurl Why are you still at zero posts? He's the Thousand Eyes merchant little kid in the tent in the middle of the road.

• matajuegos01
    8 posts

I believe increasing the amount of opals earned from daily quests from 5 to 7 and weeklies from 20 to 22 would improve the chances of getting items through the store. That would mean each week we'd be able to obtain an item that costs 120 opals making the grind less heavy. I hope the team takes my suggestion into consideration.

I'll repost my comment

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@matajuegos01 no, 5 to 10 and 20 to 40, just like origins

• axlslak23
    98 posts

@matajuegos01 I can't understand why we need opals in a single player game anyway. I really wish Ubi would stop with this crap.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@axlslak23 Amen to that. But unfortunately microtransactions are here to stay, even in single player games. Stupid I know, but what can you do as long as people are willing to spend the money on the stuff. I, myself, am guilty of buying map packs but that's where I draw the line.

• axlslak23
    98 posts

@jcar4327 I wont be holier than thou. I bought them too. but I kick myself. I should have been patient. I basically bought myself a place as a tester without a voice.

I am basically hostage to a story I love.

• axlslak23
    98 posts

@axlslak23 and replying to myself here. I was a fan from day one. from ac1. have legal copies for both pc and ps3/4. off all games. and many duplicates, because I loved this franchise so much that I got copies for friends and family. but it's suddenly daunting on me that it's my fault.

if you consider the universe, it's not edwards fault for being a pirate. i can't blame or fault ubi for trying. they have the franchise. I wouldn't treat it as such, but it's theirs to ruin.

I think they simply slacked a lot. Again, not sure I said this before but it's public knowledge that there were problems between a major part of AC Ashraf Ismail
    and Ubi. there were issues. I mean...

Listen, each familly has their own issues. I have to grind everything for kids to play. Not just to get the best stuff, but also to learn the script and be able to know what to show and not to show. And I've been doing this for years. And I'm tired.

Ubi absolutely abused us. With the testing thing. Releasing games unfinished. I remember, last year when odyssey was released, an ubi guy responded to my thread. immediately. when origins was released, i didn't even need to talk to a guy about bugs. coz there were very few.

I understood in ac1->4 that you gradually become more assassin and get more skills. but this is ridiculous.

at this point i'm not even sure i'll ever get closure with the isu story. I feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over interpreted through various religious. and what they said wont happen which is that isu are still here, (only 6 methods of salvations and all failed) is actually not true. and the isu are here. they were here in odyssey technically, but only in the dlc, now we get isu dream sequences and whatever... not gonna spoil the ending, but the point is, isu ARE here. the whole premise of the game that all isu are dead is just...

i am not satisfied.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@jcar4327

Buying the stuff from their stuff from their stuff is totally counterproductive to actually playing the game.

I mean you buy a game to sink time in right and to develop your hero.
    But if you get an xp booster you basically rob yourself of that time sink.
    When you start a brand new game in a mythical armor gear set bought from the store you loose all character development and are really cheating.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@asgardian02 Well, I didn't buy an XP booster or gear set; bought the map pack because I have a thing about missing items in a game. The way Valhalla is set up the map pack was actually an unnecessary, and wasted, purchase because you can get the same stuff in the game. Between the cartographer and the ? guys running around the map it is essentially the in game version of the map pack. For me it's more about the missing items thing than the saving time thing. And as that I have 462 hours (multiple characters) into the game I wouldn't necessarily say it cuts down on play time.

And, as to XP boosters I can understand why some people buy them, not that I would. Not everyone has the same amount of time to play and enjoy games, so to be able to get through a game quickly is important for them. I get why others buy gear sets. I don't think they buy them for an advantage in the game but for the appearance of the items. And I believe I read somewhere that those items don't come leveled so I'm not sure that they give much of an advantage in game anyway.

But yes, depending on the situation it could be said that those purchases are a type of cheating, but in a single player game who are you cheating? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the practice, but I do understand why and how it has become common place in the current environment. Many people have a desire for 'instant gratification' and this practice plays right into that issue.

• matajuegos01
    8 posts

@karloz1995 I agree but let's be honest, do you think ubisoft would make such a big leap in the rewards? we are talking about a company that removed the XP quests in the odyssey mission creator

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics